ajpaul59

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Hudson, NC

44 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I feel like I’m shopping for a used car now

Here's what I think: NJGF is a tough crowd. (BTW, I totally include myself in that description... I'll match my snarkiness up against anyone's! That's not exactly a bragging point, LOL). As a general rule:

• We complain when NJ's 2A groups don't share info with us about what they're doing... we accuse them of being incompetent, or worse yet, conspiring against us.
  • We also complain when 2A groups do share info... we bitch about the way they took action, or that is wasn't good enough, or it wasn't fast enough to suit our tastes, or hell, we simply don't like how they presented the info to us... did I miss any? 
  • And then, for good measure, once we've driven them away in droves, we complain that they don't post on here anymore!  :facepalm: 

Aren't we a deliciously fun bunch? :rofl:

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Here's what I think: NJGF is a tough crowd. (BTW, I totally include myself in that description... I'll match my snarkiness up against anyone's! That's not exactly a bragging point, LOL). As a general rule:

• We complain when NJ's 2A groups don't share info with us about what they're doing... we accuse them of being incompetent, or worse yet, conspiring against us.
  • We also complain when 2A groups do share info... we bitch about the way they took action, or that is wasn't good enough, or it wasn't fast enough to suit our tastes, or hell, we simply don't like how they presented the info to us... did I miss any? 
  • And then, for good measure, once we've driven them away in droves, we complain that they don't post on here anymore!  :facepalm: 

Definitely a collar’s for dollars drive going on lately. And for the record Peel, I only attack the attackers. No reason a nj2as thread can’t stay an Nj2as thread.... but I’m observing different. Maybe it’s solely my observation 

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Definitely a collar’s for dollars drive going on lately. And for the record Peel, I only attack the attackers. No reason a nj2as thread can’t stay an Nj2as thread.... but I’m observing different. Maybe it’s solely my observation 

I'd say we agree on at least 90% of topics on here... but we completely disagree on who the "attacker(s)" have actually been! But, let's leave it at that... I don't want to stray the topic of this thread too far from the Reciprocity Act.

You and I, my dear, will just have to "agree to disagree" re: our divergent viewpoints of NJ's 2A community. I can live with that! :D

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'll match my snarkiness up against anyone's!

Hold my beer...

I’d be curious for links about how getting denied a CCW doesn’t force an affirmative  on the NICS paperwork.  I know it was discussed here but I lost track after a few hundred pages. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Hold my beer...

I’d be curious for links about how getting denied a CCW doesn’t force an affirmative  on the NICS paperwork.  I know it was discussed here but I lost track after a few hundred pages. 

It was also discussed at safecon. Are we ranging this week or what?

15 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Hold my beer...

It was in the thread on SAFECON... the representative from NJSP made the point that being denied for CCW due to not having "justifiable need" was NOT grounds for later being denied anything else. He went so far as to encourage people to apply! And he was on video too when he made the statements. But, he pointed out, that YES, you do have to answer the question properly on the form and indicate that you were denied. But, your answer simply prompts them to look up your prior application if they see that it was because of inadequate justifiable need, it doesn't count against you. I'll see if I can locate that thread for you.

@voyager9--- here's the thread -- 

Scroll to the comments from September 24th on --- there's a few in there about his presentation (DSG Bloom, NJSP Firearms Unit). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'd say we agree on at least 90% of topics on here... but we completely disagree on who the "attacker(s)" have actually been! But, let's leave it at that... I don't want to stray the topic of this thread too far from the Reciprocity Act.

You and I, my dear, will just have to "agree to disagree" re: our divergent viewpoints of NJ's 2A community. I can live with that! :D

Pax

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, it's a tough crowd, lol, but I have a thick skin.  I'm not planning on going anywhere.  Be as snarky as you desire.  I usually don't snark back, instead I merely pummel you with FACTS.  Sometimes FACTS are the hardest pill to swallow.  This forum runs the full scope of personalities.  Some here understand me, others not so much...but I ALWAYS have the best intentions and will not BS folks.  

Maybe now is a good time to mention that we're trying to get Shaneen Allen to be at our Booth at the Garden State Outdoor Sportsmen's Show (being held from Thursday January 11th to Sunday January 14th) on Saturday the 13th?  We want to give sportsmen & gun owners as well as the public at-large a chance to hear what she went through.  We're communicating tonight & she's going to check her schedule.  The more public support we can garner for S446, the better.  I'd love the opportunity to chat with any members here.  We don't have a permanent booth assignment just yet because the Promoter is still playing with the expo lay-out as I type this.  As soon as we know the booth number, I'll pass it along.

Other good news:  Mark Cheeseman has confirmed that the Governor's office has been in-touch with Meg Fellenbaum's attorney regarding commutation of her sentence.  That's all I know as of tonight.  Quite possibly the 15,000+ Facebook readers that read the Ammoland / NJ2AS linked story on some of the nearly 50 group pages I shared it to called the Governor's office to request he pardon her?  No matter.  What's important is that "2A groups are WORKING TOGETHER"!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Peel!

Rosey

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

where's the sportsmans show you mentioned? where's it gonna be i mean? also.......i might've missed it....but we switched to s446 over hr38?

The house bill passed. It's now up to the Senate to pass S446 and the President to sign it.

15 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

The house bill passed. It's now up to the Senate to pass S446 and the President to sign it.

And we shall see.  Going to take some prodding to get it to the Senate floor, I'm afraid.  You may not see any movement until after the 2018 mid-terms and then if only Republicans are successful in the elections.  I'd say call your Senators, but that's useless.  Maybe a R/T ticket to the DR.

4 minutes ago, T Bill said:

And we shall see.  Going to take some prodding to get it to the Senate floor, I'm afraid.  You may not see any movement until after the 2018 mid-terms and then if only Republicans are successful in the elections.  I'd say call your Senators, but that's useless.  Maybe a R/T ticket to the DR.

A high profile attorney seems to think it will be brought to the floor for a vote the first week of January. I won't hold my breath, but cheers to that.

12 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

where's the sportsmans show you mentioned? where's it gonna be i mean? also.......i might've missed it....but we switched to s446 over hr38?

The Garden State Outdoor Sports Show is being held at the Raritan Center Expo Hall, Edison, NJ, from Thursday 1-11-18 to Sunday 1-14-18.  Directions, hours, exhibitor and seminar info & tickets on line are here:  http://www.gsoss.com .  Hope to see you there!

As others have mentioned, the House already passed H.R. 38, and the US Senate's version of the Bill (S446) MIGHT be voted on early next month (although that could change).  Getting all of the gun owning community to make phone calls to not only our NJ Senators (admittedly USELESS), but more importantly the other 48, is why we're trying to give Shaneen Allen a pulpit from which to tell her story.  Some folks who don't own guns themselves still support our 2A efforts, and a Show such as this one puts those type of people walking right in front of us :) 

House & Senate Bills are always worded differently because they're crafted by different bodies.  The Senate Bill has to be passed in the Senate, and then both Bills go back to a Committee that BLENDS THEM TOGETHER.  POTUS then gets to sign or veto the blended Bill.  That's how a Bill becomes a law.

30 minutes ago, demonicdave said:

I have already wrote my senators and have had no response from them, which was kind of expected.

GREAT! Thanks for writing!  Now you have just 48 MORE to write to!  Because NATIONAL RECIPROCITY won't be decided by Booker & the Child Molester :) 

If a NJ resident holds a non resident CCW and if the NR act passes, I don't believe it would help a NJ resident to carry legally in NJ. According to most things I've read you would need to have a CCW issued to you in your native state. It would be a plus for legal NJ gun owners if they can ride on the back of this bill but, I don't believe NR is the gateway for NJ residents to be issued a CCW for NJ.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S&W39 said:

If a NJ resident holds a non resident CCW and if the NR act passes, I don't believe it would help a NJ resident to carry legally in NJ. According to most things I've read you would need to have a CCW issued to you in your native state. It would be a plus for legal NJ gun owners if they can ride on the back of this bill but, I don't believe NR is the gateway for NJ residents to be issued a CCW for NJ.

Sr446 you are correct. Hr 38 you are in correct.

if 446 passes senate, it needs to be reconciled with HR 38. I make no guess on what that bill would look like. But, but, but, it’s still a move in the right direction!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S&W39 said:

The wording of the House bill, as passed, would cover us here in NJ. The Senate bill, as worded now may not. The verbiage of the bill will most likely change many times before and if it makes it to President Trump's desk.

Even if passed as presently worded. It would allow CCW holders from other states to carry here and thus give us one hell of a lawsuit which we would win. No mater how it is written, it will be good for us in the end!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, S&W39 said:

AS WORDED in hr38 it absolutely would. as worded in s446 i don't think it would, although others here say it would.

12 minutes ago, Xchief30 said:

It's working on my phone

Sorry

Search : Weekly address:12/30/2017 in youtube. Pres. Trump speech

Can someone post a working link, thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Worked on quote