67gtonut

NJGF T-Shirt Sales Thread

I wish someone would explain the regional box A/B to me apparently the post office people can't neither.....

Regional A is like Long Medium Priority. Regional B is like square Medium Priority. Both are slightly smaller. 

You pay based on how many regions away you are shipping and based on one of 3 weight classes. Under 2lbs, 2-4lbs, over 4lbs. Under 2lbs East Coast is the cheapest for us.

There are also APO boxes which are slightly larger flat rate but they are only for shipping to military bases. Same price any base no matter where in the world it is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

Figure about 4-6 weeks to get T-Shirts – busy time of year for the distributor.

That sounds really long. Have you tried any local mom and pop shops, they usually can crank out low volumes in a week?

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Why are regional boxes a PIA. That makes no sense.

You can get the boxes - but how do you make up labels for them?  You need to use stamps.com or another service.  Even Paypal shipping doesn't do regional rate boxes.

You can get the boxes - but how do you make up labels for them?  You need to use stamps.com or another service.  Even Paypal shipping doesn't do regional rate boxes.

Ebay I know does, PayPal does not, I am pretty sure USPS does but I can’t check since their shipping part of the site is down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make it easy on yourself. Charge everybody who wants them shipped, $10, no matter the quantity ordered, and ship them anyway you want. The profit you'll get on one will offset the loss on multiples. Besides, you're making a buttful on the shirts anyway. [emoji28]

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Ok inside secret:

Pandapostage.com

NO Monthly fees! NO Charge for sign-ups!

My USPS Rep turned me on to it.

Great personal customer service people (REAL People!)

PM for phone contact info

2 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Ok inside secret:

Pandapostage.com

NO Monthly fees! NO Charge for sign-ups!

My USPS Rep turned me on to it.

Great personal customer service people (REAL People!)

PM for phone contact info

Regional Rate Box A is still $7.10.  Same as the Padded priority mail envelopes.  

15 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

Shipping:

I prefer NOT  to ship these, but I have posted shipping charges below

What I intend to do is:

I will handle distributing the shirts for North Jersey, I can meet people at RTSP

I will also coordinate a day where people can meet me at GSSC to pick up their shirts, we can also designate a person(s) to pick up shirts for other people in the Central Jersey area.

I would also like a volunteer from South Jersey to meet me at GSSC to hand off shirts for the South Jersey area.

FWIW i work up in Newark once in a while. I Can always pick shirts up while i'm there for people, and they are welcome to swing by my house in Glassboro to pick them up. I Won't go out of my way to deliver them or anything though.
Shipping for $6 is very reasonable. Throw em in a bubble mailer and ship em First Class.

BTW, Are the shirts going to be ready in Nov/Dec? Or are you just accepting orders until then and distributing them throughout November?
I'm in for one or two, for sure. Wondering what brand the blanks are, im sure others might want to know too? Just wondering if i'll be a Small (Generally) or if to go with a Medium.

Wait whats the issue with shipping?
Stick em in an envelope. I Can hook you up with a box through my supplier, if you're interested LMK. We go through a bunch of padded envelopes..
First class (probably 1 shirt; under 16 ounces) is going to run you about $3.50.
Any more than that, priority mail within NJ up to a few pounds (Box will be small, its just shirts; and i can hook you up with boxes too at my rates FWIW) will be well under 10$. I'm talkin 6 or 7 bucks within NJ for half a dozen shirts squished in a box, id bet.
I Ship a few thousand boxes a year, but i ship through eBay, so the only discount i get is basically the standard 'online' discount.
You can print the labels right thru paypal.

10 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

Wait whats the issue with shipping?
Stick em in an envelope. I Can hook you up with a box through my supplier, if you're interested LMK. We go through a bunch of padded envelopes..
First class (probably 1 shirt; under 16 ounces) is going to run you about $3.50.
Any more than that, priority mail within NJ up to a few pounds (Box will be small, its just shirts; and i can hook you up with boxes too at my rates FWIW) will be well under 10$. I'm talkin 6 or 7 bucks within NJ for half a dozen shirts squished in a box, id bet.
I Ship a few thousand boxes a year, but i ship through eBay, so the only discount i get is basically the standard 'online' discount.
You can print the labels right thru paypal.

We got it - Troy and I will handle.  Yeah it's a few bucks but it requires labor and materials to print/tape/etc.  

2 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

We got it - Troy and I will handle.  Yeah it's a few bucks but it requires labor and materials to print/tape/etc.  

Oh obviously dude i get it. Your rates are completely reasonable as previously mentioned. I'm well aware of what it requires I Charge anywhere from 3 to 5$ as a handling fee to cover expenses (Fuel, ink, etc).
Was just pointing out that you dont have to spend 14$ on flat rate boxes, there's cheaper alternatives.
If you guys need any shipping supplies and are close to Newark i can bring some up for you.

THIS IS WHAT STAMPS.COM CHARGES ME.

First Class Mail

$3.50    10 oz.

$3.66    11 oz.

$3.82    12 oz.

$4.10    13 oz.

$4.38    14 oz.

$4.66    15 oz.

1 to 15 Lb Rate using Regional A Box

$7.10    Within New Jersey

$10.80    To Left Coast

Medium Flat Rate Box

$12.85    Anywhere in US

ETA: Using eGay, the rates are less because they charge fees on shipping.

Thanks for everyone's help ....

I am set with the shipping details....

I also have a few volunteers throughout the state to help distribute these..... I will get with these people once T-shirts are in my hands late December

T-shirts will probably overseas origin ...... but Malice told me he has been wearing this guys shirts for years, and they hold up great.

Already getting pretty good response on people PM'ing me for orders....

I will send out the 1st set of invoices sometime next week....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RecessedFilter said:

Someone said printing the shirts on other colors like black and grey would be so much more expensive. Like a few bucks expensive or $10+ each expensive? Would be nice to have the option at least..

Yes..... adding the extra layer on a colored shirt was about $10 more..... not in the cards on this run....

I am not ruling it out for a future run....

19 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Custom small run of t-shirts with multiple colors - yes of course it's pricey.  Custom shirts anywhere are pricey.

I believe the spirit of the question was did you receive at least 3 sealed competitive bids, written to spec and open them in front of a minimum of two other witnesses or a legitimate firm such as Stark & Stark??  Or do we have a case of Tshirt-gate?  Dum-Dum-Dum-Dummmmm......  

• Like 2