Glock26

Why do you love your revolvers?

There's something about a revolver that's kinda sexy. It's on the 'get soon' list for sure.

Yep, I agree. Plus they're simple and safe, and they go BANG! every time.

Especially the older blued ones with wood grips.

I don't know. Blue w/wood or that really sexy brushed matte steel with shaped rubber grips? Rough choice. I may need to get one of each.

Especially the older blued ones with wood grips.

I don't know. Blue w/wood or that really sexy brushed matte steel with shaped rubber grips? Rough choice. I may need to get one of each.

While I like the steel variations, I agree with TB.. Blue w/wood just works!!

Of course I would not throw either out of the safe if they happen to find their way in there.

I am pretty close to buying one. Just like someone said... just something about them. I mean, they are not the safest, easy to shoot, and for most part ammo more expensive.... but they are simple

Hello there Max. As far as revolvers not being safe, they are no different than most self-defense auto-loaders out there today. Compare a Double Action Revolver to any Glock or Sig that is DAO. There is no external safety. The trigger must be depressed for the gun to fire. All modern DA revolvers have some form of transfer bar or hammer block safety mechanism to prevent firing when dropped and you can carry with confidence with all the chambers loaded. Remember, you still have the capability for SA fire unless it's a DAO revolver. (even safer)

I believe it's the safest gun for the new gun owner. In doing training, I see some new shooters needing to climb a steep learning curve because they want to go with an autoloader first. That's OK as we teach the mechanics of the firearm and how each part and system interacts with each other. If they are not mechanically inclined, it's sometimes difficult because now we have a safety, grip safety, slide release, decocker, takedown lever, etc.

I'm laughing as I say this.... :lol: It's you young guys.... :lol: You guys look at revolvers like some antiques of a bygone era. When I go shooting with my 19-year-old son, he instantly picks out only auto-loaders to shoot. He recently said to me: " Dad, what are you like Wyatt Earp"? :lol:

Next time we meet at the range, I'll bring a few Sixguns for you to try out. My 4" 686 Smith will outshoot anything I own, and I've got a safe full.

wow... I did not know that revolvers would even need defending/

Revolvers are inherently more accurate, easier to shoot well, more reliable by far, most times cheaper then an autoloader especially on the used market, they carry and conceal well and are made of steel.

If you pick up a revolver made in the period of the late 1800s through the 1980s you have a piece of history in your hands, a time when America meant quality, strength and freedom. The mechanics of a revolver, the precision of the work, the deep blueing of the steel and the finish/checkering of the grips harken back to a better day, when people cared what they made and the customer cared about what they purchased. Sure there where cheap guns out there for that market, but people did not buy overpriced cheap guns, because they knew what quality was.

I dont hate todays guns... I have many modern designs and current guns. But, when I am told I have to pay big bucks for a plastic gun that took a worker 20 minutes to build with stamped steel parts, because it is the utmost in todays quality firearms... well that pisses me off. For the same amount of money I can go out and buy 2 or 3 used revolvers... that is what I prefer to do.

I currently own 3 revolvers.. a S&W Model 19, a Ruger GP100 w/ 3" barrel and a S&W Model 15. I am looking for a good used .45acp revolver and am thinking about a .41mag.

Personally, I hope all people stop shooting revolvers for awhile... more for me.

I like non-black revolvers. Black ones remind me too much of crappy 70s movies.

I'm guessing you're referring to blue rather than black revolvers. I've got 3 Colt's fininshed in Colt Royal Blue. Sombody out there please chime in about the beauty of these guns. It's almost like a black/blue/purple combo that has incredible depth. Don't get me wrong, I love stainless and nickel guns also. A blue finish with some nice wood stocks is a thing of beauty.

A quote from U.S. Marshals:

Sam Gerard: Keep it in your suit unless I tell you to take it out. Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol.
:lol:

Mauser88, I hated that Super Blackhawk's trigger guard. It bit me every time I shot it. That is the soul reason I dumped it.

I currently own only two revolvers now and have shot them at least 10 years ago. I like revolvers, but can't shoot them accurately. I prefer to shoot Glocks.

Like revolvers, no safeties are the way to go.

How can anyone not like a revolver. My first pistol was a 686 with a 4in barrel. Best revolver ever made. I too own plastic wonder 9's and 45's but a 38 snubbie looks bad ass in my opinion.

I enjoy my autos, but there is something powerful about a revolver that my polymer guns just don't have. Considering the quality of most of today's firearms, I don't believe one to be more reliable then the other, provided both are used correctly. I just perfer to grab the 357, 6" barrel, stainless steel wheelgun when I have to investigate strange noises in the night. God forbid I ever have to defend myself or my family I'd rather use 357 mag hollow points.

If you have ever seen the Royal Blue Finish of an "old" Colt wheel gun you would fall in love at first sight. All you youngins have a thing for the polymer wonders but in my opinion there is no better first line of home defense at 3:00 am!. Ammo sensitive - no! Stove pipe jam due to limp wristing - no! Hit the mag release by accident under stress - no! Press the slide against a barricade while shooting and cause a jam - no! Less capacity - yes! (but you only need on per visiter).LOL