Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

I would like to take you up on your offer sometime soon. I'm waiting for some free time and good weather to sight this thing in... after that, I'd love to run it through on an auto lower.

If you plan to sight it in at 25 meters then we can do both at one time.

I aint going to put a PWS on there. They are good, but I shot out one of those things with BETA dumps. It's all eroded. $100 bucks.

There was a batch of FSC muzzle devices that was made with improperly heat treated steel about a year ago. If that FSC is about that old, you might want to talk to PWS about it. A friend of mine who had one from that batch had it replaced free of charge due to premature erosion.

• Like 1

There was a batch of FSC muzzle devices that was made with improperly heat treated steel about a year ago. If that FSC is about that old, you might want to talk to PWS about it. A friend of mine who had one from that batch had it replaced free of charge due to premature erosion.

Darn, thanks so much!

Here is my lot.

*All stocks and muzzle brakes are permanently pinned of course.

DSCF0067.jpg

Top - .223 Krieger NM barrel. Aero Precision receivers. Note the UBR mounted on the A2 rifle buffer. :icon_mrgreen:

Mid - .223 16" Walther Lothar SS barrel. Superior Arms receiver.

Low - .22LR Tactical Solutions upper on Aero Precision lower.

Nice collection. Can I ask who pinned your UBR?

My AR's are back on page 5 of this thread. One is configured for CQB and the other was for medium to long range. Page 5 was quite a while ago and in the interim I have upgraded the Med-Long range gun. Here is the before pic...

zj7153.jpg

And here is the after...

2wrohg2.jpg

I changed the scope to a Konus M30 4.5-16x40 with illum. mildot reticle. I installed a Bravo Co. Gunfighter Charge Handle (large), for ease of use with the scope. I installed a Magpul PRS stock and added an Accushot Monopod (std height). Just need to sight it in. Maybe I'll make the bash on the 17th of April.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Just completed!

DSCF0087.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

LR-308

- 18" Rainier Ultramatch barrel

- Troy MRF rail & alum stubby front grip

- PWS brake

- SI-Defense billet matched receivers power coated FDE

- Std. DPMS BCG

- Burris XTM 3-12x scope

- Geissele super dynamic trigger

- Magpul CTR & MIAD

- BCM gunfighter charging handle (med latch)

I added the Magpul B.A.D. on a whim.. lol

AR15-BAD.jpg

Have you had a chance to shoot with it yet? I just installed one myself, but haven't had the chance to test it out and I just came across some feedback on other forums where people are finding that [with certain magazines] their bolts were not holding open after the last rounds when the BAD was attached. In each of the cases I came across, the indication was that removal of the BAD always fixed the problem. That said, each thread contained multiple posts from people who have no such issues.

If you run into that problem with the BAD, it is likely a stacking tolerances issue. Most likely the lever touches the lower receiver not allowing to the bolt catch to pivot enough to lock back with some magazines. If that happens, take the BAD off and remove a bit of metal where it contacts the receiver, to allow it to pivot more. The BAD is a awesome thing and it should be on every AR.

Have you had a chance to shoot with it yet? I just installed one myself, but haven't had the chance to test it out and I just came across some feedback on other forums where people are finding that [with certain magazines] their bolts were not holding open after the last rounds when the BAD was attached. In each of the cases I came across, the indication was that removal of the BAD always fixed the problem. That said, each thread contained multiple posts from people who have no such issues.

Not yet. Will find out Sunday. Of course I'll have tools with me to remove it if need be.