Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Keith - congrats, looks great. You will LOVE the brake that stag puts on their uppers. I had almost no sight distortion with mine.

Mine actually looks a little cockeyed, I mean i guess I'll figure out if it's a problem over the next 2 weeks with sighting in and a training class...but I would think the smaller holes would be directly at 12:00 but they're closer to 11:00...normal?

Mine actually looks a little cockeyed, I mean i guess I'll figure out if it's a problem over the next 2 weeks with sighting in and a training class...but I would think the smaller holes would be directly at 12:00 but they're closer to 11:00...normal?

I have a model 3H. My brake is threaded on just about 12 o'clock. I was at the range today with my brother and nephew shooting it and it has little to no vertical lift.

Thanks, right now I'm using the side mounted sling point but will wait till after my class to see which I like better. The light is up there because I use the thumb-over-top hold on the rifle so I actually don't take my hand off the gun to flick the light. The foregrip is more of a stopper than anything, and a handle to pick the thing up, and something for my wife to use because she's short. Excellent point about the FOV though, will need to see how it works in my class.

Nothing like figuring out what works best for you like running the gun hard. Enjoy, and good luck figuring out what you like best!

So here is my latest build and a refresh of an older build I did back in the late '90s

My M4A1 Block I clone:

pict0001qs.jpg

I used an old Bushmaster lower I had laying around

PSA 14.7" M4A1 profile 1/7 twist barrel upper assembly

EGW A2 style compensator

Fulton Armory fixed carbine style butt stock with full length buffer tube

Trijicon TA31RCO M4CP

Knights Armament RIS rail

Knights Armament 300 meter flip up rear sight

Blue Force Gear Vickers sling

PMAG blocked to 15 rounds and pinned (purchased at Shore Shot)

*ADCO ground the bayonet lug ears and pinned/welded the compensator (which brings the barrel to 16.1")

Pics of the compensator, shaved bayonet lug and fixed butt stock:

pict0002bp.jpg

pict0004vd.jpg

This is a gun I originally built in the late 90s that resembled a DPMS Sweet 16 but built on a Bushmaster upper and lower that I recently updated:

pict0006aa.jpg

Old parts

Bushmaster upper and lower

Bushmaster adjustable DCM trigger

16" DPMS 1/9 twist 1" diameter stainless steel bull barrel with carbine length gas system

Target grip with palm swell and shelf (this still needs to go)

New Parts

Midwest Industries black Gen2 midlength free float rail and low profile .936 gas block

SWFA 10x42 Super Sniper scope

Valtor/TangoDown rail mounted bipod

Barska GLX green laser

Magpul black RPS stock

Fulton Armory fixed carbine style butt stock with full length buffer tube

I've been doing research about pinning stocks, I'm sick of drilling holes into the buffer tube meaty parts and blind pinning it, I've noticed that you use a hex nut bolt on yours. How did you accomplish this? Did you tap directly into the but stock or use a self tapping insert?

I've been doing research about pinning stocks, I'm sick of drilling holes into the buffer tube meaty parts and blind pinning it, I've noticed that you use a hex nut bolt on yours. How did you accomplish this? Did you tap directly into the but stock or use a self tapping insert?

I was looking for the old style M4 stock (early 90s) not the newer waffle style and found Fulton armory made a fixed stock in this style, I had them swap out the standard buffer with an H2 but you will notice the tube is not a carbine length, it extends to the back of the butt stock. During the federal assault weapon ban ArmaLite made these buffer tubes commercially available but they have since been discontinued.

http://www.fulton-ar...fixedblack.aspx

_DSC0126.JPG

After reading this i started thinking about this same issue for my next build I am working on which is a SOPMOD Block II clone, I really do not wish to drill into the $200 LMT SOPMOD stock. I have an idea but need access to a machine shop with a mill to make it a reality. I'm going to try to dremel up a rough prototype of what I'm thinking out of some aluminum I have laying around. If anyone has access to a machine shop let me know if you are interested in getting together to test out an idea.

Just got a new upper for my AR, so posting a pic of the "new" rifle. Specs:

Spikes Tactical Upper

14.5" Lightweight pencil barrel, 1:7 twist,

Mid-Length gas system

Dynacomp Extreme muzzle brake

Spikes Tactical BCG

Spike's Tactical 12" BAR 4 Rail Free Floating Handguard

Spike's Tactical Lower w/ Spikes Tactical LPK

Magpul MBUS front and rear sights

Primary Arms 2 MOA, Multireticle Red Dot sight

Magpul RVG foregrip

20120814_160027-1.jpg

Here are my Colts:

L to R

Colt MT6400R with TA01NSN ACOG, EGW comp, and Tactical Link sling mount, and convertible 1/2 point sling.

Colt MT6400 with EGW comp, KAC rail, Tactical Link sling mount and single point sling.

Colt MT6700, currently for sale.

1st Build is done

Z6cOg.jpg

PSA lower w/ PSA parts kit

MOE+ Grip & MOE stock

MBUS

Spikes upper (same as tony) w/ 12in BAR FF rail, 14.5 in 1:7 light weight barrel, mid-length

Vortex SPARC red dot

Wayne,

Looks awesome! Best of luck with it and hope it brings you lots of fun times at the range!

Here are my Colts:

L to R

Colt MT6400R with TA01NSN ACOG, EGW comp, and Tactical Link sling mount, and convertible 1/2 point sling.

Colt MT6400 with EGW comp, KAC rail, Tactical Link sling mount and single point sling.

Colt MT6700, currently for sale.

Very nice collection!