maintenanceguy

Most Carry Qualification Requirements Erased 9-17-23

8 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Honestly it should be Constitutional Carry.  Shouldn't even be a licensing scheme by the State.  It's a Natural Right.  Full stop.  Mic drop.

I'm still waiting for flim flam Florio's AWB ban to be struck down..

:coffee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bomber said:

I'm still waiting for film flam Florio's AWB ban to be struck down .:coffee:

I warned my wife that I may soon be spending a LOT of money on new magazines very soon!:) I told her I would sell all of my 10 round magazines if there is anyone in this country left who would want them.

I will be doing the interim to the interim soon. I have searched the NJSP website for the form I submit to the state to refund the cost of my initial course from 2022 that my PD, county judge and state deemed acceptable enough to issue my permit to carry. Can anyone be of assistance?

13 hours ago, Bomber said:

I'm still waiting for flim flam Florio's AWB ban to be struck down..

Come to think of it, how many 'assault weapons' were eventually registered or turned in?

That's my last joke for the day.

On 7/18/2023 at 5:18 PM, maintenanceguy said:

"S.P.182a - PTC -  Additional Handguns Intended to be Carried"

I was just reviewing the new, new qualification requirements (posted 9/17/23) and I didn't see any mention of the above listed form. Are we still required to list the handguns we intend to carry?

22 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

shouldn't our 2a orgs and lawyers be able to get that tossed with bruen?

ANJRPC is running a case to do just that. It is one of the cases that was combined with the mag ban case after it came back down from being GVR'd by SCOTUS as a result of Bruen. They are currently doing discovery for a hearing in US District Court.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

12 minutes ago, GrumpyOldRetiree said:

I was just reviewing the new, new qualification requirements (posted 9/17/23) and I didn't see any mention of the above listed form. Are we still required to list the handguns we intend to carry?

The new guidance on qualification is just for qualification.  You'll still have to fill out the handgun form.

1661484224_9-19-202310-41-43AM.png.2e0a0eaecf743031508aab833829c6fd.png

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

ANJRPC is running a case to do just that. It is one of the cases that was combined with the mag ban case after it came back down from being GVR'd by SCOTUS as a result of Bruen. They are currently doing discovery for a hearing in US District Court.

i did not know that. thanks man!!

3 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

We should call Guinness!  We may have the most expensive CCW permit in the country!:scratchhead:

No shit to that.

I want to thank everyone who's "taking it for the team" by going through this nonsense multiple times.

I pissed and moaned a little to my friends because I applied twice (once for permit with court order attached and the second for unrestricted) but there are people who have sunk a LOT of money into this.

I'm a bit of a gun guy, so I already had guns, ammo, range time, etc, but there are some people who bought new guns, holsters, ammo, had to practice to pass quals, and paid for multiple classes.  They are easily over a thousand dollars (maybe approaching $2k) sunk at this point.

• Agree 2

Do I understand this correctly, that even though my qual went out to 25 yards, as it did not involve drawing from a holster, I need to repeat it for $135 or so?  I find this particularly repugnant, because I have taken many tactical classes that involve repeated drawing and reholstering, so it seems like just a note that I have done this would seem to be sufficient.

On 9/19/2023 at 4:13 PM, JackDaWack said:

GFH wants 137 for a requal, and 275 for normal pricing. 

All because they didn't want you to draw from a holster the first time around. 

Gun for hire let me do it for free. 

Are they done running the free classes for those that qualified there?

just remember if he starts charging.......it should be expected. he's still paying his instructors, insurance and all other operating costs when he's giving people the free requal. it's a pretty dam standup thing for him to do even though he doesn't have to.

15 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

just remember if he starts charging.......it should be expected. he's still paying his instructors, insurance and all other operating costs when he's giving people the free requal. it's a pretty dam standup thing for him to do even though he doesn't have to.

Agreed. He had 1 instructor per shooter at my qual. I can't imagine that comes cheap. 

I will support gun for hire after that experience. 

I've been taking courses at GFH since around 2010-2012 or so. Anthony has been a strong champion of 2A rights and a straight shooter for as long as I have been going there (with just a touch of P.T. Barnum thrown in). If it wasn't such a long drive for me to a heavily congested part of NJ, I would have bought and maintained a membership there. These old bones don't tolerate sitting in a car for long periods of time.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Shot the new qualifier today for poops and giggles.  Did it with a Sig P365 XMacro with a non-sighted in red dot... 

Holy crap it's cake.

Sounds like it should be pretty manageable for most people. 

Is the target the full "bowling pin," or is it the truncated one used for FBI quals?

On 7/23/2023 at 12:01 PM, JackDaWack said:

The only thing I can find that says you need to requilfiy is Evan Nappan... of course. 

If it ends up being true, Everyone who has a permit should go down to their PD and file a criminal complaint for fraud against the NJ AG(cost you nothing to do it). We paid money for a 2 year permit, and they were issued by them. Anything less than 2 years constitutes fraud by the state since these permits cost money. 

Does that also hold for NJSP for those of us with no local PD? I'd find it very amusing to go to Woodbine to file a criminal complaint against Platkin. I'm no doubt already on a half-dozen quasi-official scheist lists because of the letters I wrote when I was stonewalled on my initial PtC application, so I wouldn't give a flying fornication about landing on a couple more...