My dog started barking, then my wife started yelling at me that the washing machine was out of balance again.  After about 5 seconds we realized it was probably an earthquake.

Felt it pretty good here in Morris County.  About 25 miles from the epicenter.  Lotta noise with the shaking, much of it glasses clinking together in the cabinets, plus the dog losing his mind.   No apparent damage.  Now getting texts from various first-responder groups asking the public to stop calling their emergency numbers to ask what happened.

I'm seeing reports that today's quake, though not all that strong at magnitude 4.7-4.8,  was still  the strongest ever recorded in NJ.

Felt it here!    I thought it wasn't that much weaker than the first one, though it was shorter.   Reportedly, there was a magnitude 2 aftershock at 12:20 today, and I didn't notice that one.  I might have been in the car then.

For the original one I was in Totowa at a location that was having their sidewalks replaced. Jackhammers, skidloader dumping cement pieces into a dumpster. I heard it, didn't feel a thing, thought it was part of the demolition until all my chats blew up! LOL

For the second one at 6pm, I was home. I felt banging and thought it was my neighbors until it lasted too long and things started shaking. Thought, MEH, another one. We ain't gonna die from these small ones. 

Poor cat was scared though. :(

I was standing in the Newton library. I heard the rumble, which quickly changed to a jackhammer staccato the size of the whole building, with items on the counter bouncing or rattling. So I barked out 'Earthquake' and they evacuated the building. After about 10 minutes when it was apparently over everyone went back in.

One thing I noticed. Where I was it was definitely an up-down or shock motion, not a sway. No one had a problem standing. I think that's why there wasn't more building damage reported.

Note: Holy Crap! She's got my vote!

N.J. Senate candidate blames earthquake on “climate crisis” (savejersey.com)

Addendum: The post has been scrubbed. (Shock!) The text now shown is accurate.

• Haha 1

There's some historical records in this article, plus this list of succinct replies to her ridiculous tweet:

“I can’t find the TV remote. The climate crisis is real.”

“she’s running for U.S. Senate. Let that sink in.”

“It’s impossible to tell the difference between parody accounts and real crazy leftists accounts ”

“WTF…..an earth quake….climate crisis….for the love of……the climate has been changing since the creation of terra firma……we cannot talk about anything without about 20 of the crazies new buzzwords”

“You can’t be this dumb, can you? ”

“It was almost big enough to flip the entire state over.”

“You are so right. I’m literally shaking right now.”

“Yeah like earthquakes never happened until recently right?”

“Are you really this stupid in real life?”

“Can you show us on the doll where the climate crisis touched you?”

“Oh, honey, calm down. Earthquakes are created by tectonic shifts, not the climate. Move to CA and you’ll have one at least once a week.”

“Can you explain the 5.3 from 1783, dear? Also, FAULT LINES … do you know what those are? Tectonic plates? Definitely not climate.”

“Christina, please don’t have children.”

“do you think an earthquake is weather”

“A Climate Clown Activist says what?”

“The Appalachian mountains weren’t formed by Fords and Volvos, lady”

“If you vote for me I will ban earthquakes”

“Tell me you know nothing about science without telling me you know nothing about science.”

“Christina – FYI- April first was three days ago.”

Left-wing Senate candidate tries to blame NJ earthquake on "climate change" and HILARITY instantly ensues... - Revolver News

• Haha 1