LibertyOrDeath

New member from Cherry Hill

My name is Martin-36 blk/m-married 4 children 1 step and im a NRA member / 2nd Ammendment advocate and firearm lover! I like to repair,restore,shoot,hunt with,clean and modify whenever possible any firearm I can come in contact with. My full time is a service tech for Ingersoll Rand-I service and repair Industial class air compressors up to 500HP and refrigerated/dessicant moisture absortion equipement 5000 cfm-so far 15 years in HVAC 3yrs in compressors. 10 years strong on firearms! Just left the local P.D after applying for a pistol purchase permit-im gonna spend a nice chunk of this years tax return on two new pistols-2 tone Glock 17 and the KelTec P32- any thoughts on the Hand Guns im interested in?

My name is Martin-36 blk/m-married 4 children 1 step and im a NRA member / 2nd Ammendment advocate and firearm lover! I like to repair,restore,shoot,hunt with,clean and modify whenever possible any firearm I can come in contact with. My full time is a service tech for Ingersoll Rand-I service and repair Industial class air compressors up to 500HP and refrigerated/dessicant moisture absortion equipement 5000 cfm-so far 15 years in HVAC 3yrs in compressors. 10 years strong on firearms! Just left the local P.D after applying for a pistol purchase permit-im gonna spend a nice chunk of this years tax return on two new pistols-2 tone Glock 17 and the KelTec P32- any thoughts on the Hand Guns im interested in?

Welcome to the forum! The glock 17.. what can be said? It's a glock! Great reliable gun if it fits you and you like it. I myself have a negative opinion about Kel-Tec in general.. but I'm not the majority.

I would say that if it were myself, I would probably lean towards the Glock 19 in NJ because you can have 15 rounds in them instead of only 10 rounds in the 17.

Have you shot a 17 before? If not, I'm sure at least a few people on this board would let you shoot their's to try out.

Once again! Welcome! don't be shy in the threads :D

axeman- I belong to Range 14 in Fort Dix(pistol,skeet,rifle and Bow) and was thinking of joining South Jersey Shooting Club also. I shop everywhere from Cheyenne Outfitters in Bordentown to Xring supply in Delaware and everything in between. My last purchase was about a month ago from Butches in Vineland-a new 995TS that ive already modified. I work in three states regularly(NJ,PA,DE) so Ive been to or shopped at ALOT of FFL Dealers. The BEST ammo prices are in DE (NO TAX).

then you are all over it liberty!!!! I just like to share as much info as possible with other members... just wanted to make sure you were up to speed.

Welcome and tell us about that 995TS... never heard of them

Axe

Axe-The full name is the HighPoint 995TS chambered in 9mm. Its a short carbine rifle. The original is the 995 so this would be considered second gen I would assume. The main difference is the stock and forward or (or furniture) High impact light weight polymer. The stock has three springs attatched to the but pad for recoil and the forward and barrel come with picatinny rails, also there is a significant difference in the new design. The TS definetly is a little sleeker,lighter and more tactical in shape,design and overall appereance. So far I've added a Tac light, removed the rear site and installed a "sightmark" reflex (multi recticle),large aluminum charging handle and large aluminum mag release, and finally a forward assist and muzzlebreak. the weapon was very accurate with the original sites-3" groups at 50yrds in the forward squat position using my elbow as a rest (MagTech 115gr PMC) still not outside the break in period yet-less than 500 rounds- have'nt fired it since i mounted the reflex-1/8/10. I'm gonna try to upload some pics? http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab29 ... G_1556.jpg