Ray Ray

North meets Central meets South!

I thought Friday hours were til December? I definitely know that I'll be hitting up a few of those in the next few months as I can't shoot on Wednesdays, and I don't feel like dealing with the crowds on weekends. I haven't shot there in the winter yet though-- once it gets legitimately cold, how are the weekend crowds?

I thought Friday hours were til December? I definitely know that I'll be hitting up a few of those in the next few months as I can't shoot on Wednesdays, and I don't feel like dealing with the crowds on weekends. I haven't shot there in the winter yet though-- once it gets legitimately cold, how are the weekend crowds?

Once they stop being open on Fridays, which I believe is in December, they go back to having Friday hours in April. :icon_e_wink:

My bad, I had misinterpreted you, thinking you were saying they were already closed on Fridays!

But yea, Nick, the Wed/Sat/Sun hours do not change year round, just the Fri hours are subject to season.

No worries. I think that they used to stop Fridays in October, but I believe that now it is December. I only joined on the first Friday that they were open this past April so I haven't actually been there during the winter.

Dix gun club offers a bang for winter activities

The winter hours for use are Wednesdays 1-8 p.m., Friday 1-8pm (April - December only), Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. For more information about Range 14, call Jim Garrett at Building 9060, at 609-562-4676
  • Like 1

OK, I couldn't resist - Steph & Kris, this one's for you...

bryans.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, your killing me smalls. This made it's way to Facebook and I am hearing all kinds of flack. All in good fun of course. :)

is there another range that would let us do it there? The people at range 14 werent really happy that we were there. not sure if anyone else picked up on it but i dunno if it really matters or not

That's news to me. I'm wondering if I should make a phone call.

Aside from the one old dude making a big deal about us cleaning up the pumpkin debris and no ground targets at less than 25 yds, and a few announcements over the loudspeaker when more than 4 people were at a table, I didn't really notice/hear any complaining from the staff.

Yeah him. He made it very clear, a number of times, that no pumpkin pieces were to be left on the range :) He certainly has a "tone" in everything he says. Still - I never found it to be a problem really... a simple "You got it - we'll take care of it" and he was off to pester someone else :icon_lol:

First of all, you need to ignore that old bastard. If he ever smiled or said something nice, his face would crack. He is the only thing I don't like about going there. Don't let him steal your brass either.

If I heard negatives from the range officers or folks inside, that would be a different story. I will call them on Wednesday and give them a well deserved "Thank You". I told Elena that as I was leaving on Saturday.

What is with these old timers! They cannot stand new shooters, especially young guys that don't shoot "their" kinda gunz. He problably picked up 1000 rounds in brass, which, btw is alot of money in scrap. Let alone it's worth to reloaders. Efff him and his raggedy old friends.

What is with these old timers! They cannot stand new shooters, especially young guys that don't shoot "their" kinda gunz. He problably picked up 1000 rounds in brass, which, btw is alot of money in scrap. Let alone it's worth to reloaders. Efff him and his raggedy old friends.

thats what i say

That guy is always like that and does he even work there?

I heard some stuff being said when I went and paid for Kristen and my daughter. The girl was like we had no notice....yada..yada...

I quickly made it clear they had notice and I knew because it was my member number eveything was reserved under. Shen then fixed it by saying her boss gave "her" no notice. As if it matters. This is a once in a while thing and I wouldn't worry about it.

brass isn't worth that much. It has a value but your not getting rich from brass.

What did you hear exactly?

They stopped to question whether my stock was collapsable

and how many rounds my magz held. I responded politely 2-10's and 2-15's and asked if he

wanted to handle and check themselves...he walked off and mumbled

"we dont want no problems out here today"...some what rude and confrontational as if I

was some young arrogant jerkoff? If I wasnt already a member that

would have definetly turned me away. This mite be my last year as

a member...SJSC is looking better and better!

which guy did that?

I have been asked by Spencer to see my mags (AR 30 rounders, capped to 10 or 15 rounds), but he was always polite.

He was the other old dude with the cap on and the lower missing teeth.

Also never smiles and looks at everyone like we're young and dumb? A

real piece of work...not so much as safety and law but more that

little bit of power they have @ the range gettin the best of them...IMO!

I had an issue a couple of visits back, where the guy on the position next to me had his targets in line with my position. Dead in front of me.

I asked him to move them and he said something other than okay and I just went off. They came to me and said to come to the RO and let them deal with it. They said there were people with guns here. My response was yeah and I am one of them! Screw that, people...speak up for yourselves. The F word is a great word.

I've personally never had issues with them. The old guy pesters for a few seconds, and walks off. One time when I was there with a bud, I saw him about to make his rounds-- so, I quickly changed out all of my brass ammo with Wolf (steel); haha, he took one look and kept walking.

As for everyone else, I've never had any issues with any of the ROs or desk-folk. I also haven't had any issue with any other members there yet, to include safety issues (well, none that weren't pointed out by someone they were with and remedied). I've heard the horror stories of how that place was in the past though.

One time when I was there with a bud, I saw him about to make his rounds-- so, I quickly changed out all of my brass ammo with Wolf (steel); haha, he took one look and kept walking.

Excellent. I think I can match that this weekend. I was shooting brass 308 in my M1A, but Berdan primed. He'll have fun trying to reload that stuff.

I was picking up my brass right after i shot it, he did get one round of brass while i was shooting i did not even notice him their i only realized it when the brass was gone and his scratch rake marks were left where the ar was piling them up..he got them as i was reloading mags..

he also picked up a bunch of laquared 223 rounds that looked like brass..

I always ignore him...

There was pie?:facepalm:

I'm sad I missed this one. Next time I'll be there. I'm confused slightly... Some grumpy old guy comes over to harass you and then takes your brass? I wouldn't be okay with that. What are the range rules regarding brass?

Yeah, that miserable old curmudgeon is a pain in the ass. I know he was salivating as he walked by our table with Jack's brass littering the ground. I kept looking for him when I dumped it all into my bag. I am not sure if he works there or has no life and sits there to make everyone else miserable. I have been questioned about blocked mags before, but never rudely.

I thought everything went well, but then again I was busy shooting.