M4BGRINGO

New member from Central Jersey

Doing lots of reading and research on firearms and accessories. Waiting for my permit, fingerprinting completed yesterday. Pretty cool technology, no ink! Applied for a handgun permit too.

I'll be doing a lot of reading here and asking questions, here's my first: What shooting ranges are still open in Central Jersey?

I went to the Brick Armory last week with a friend but that is a pretty long ride.

welcome to the forum..., just fyi, i would call your PD and change that 1 pistol permit into 6. Trust me, you will want them.

I have heard from several people to do so.

I will stop there Monday morning.

I am in South River and we have a shooting club here, I was told it was closed to new members. :(

I went to the Brick Armory a week ago. Was told that Fort Dix is cheap, but it is also quite a hike.

I think I saw some people said they go to a range in Old Bridge. There used to be one on Rt 22 in Union but it may not be open to the public.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

I think I saw some people said they go to a range in Old Bridge. There used to be one on Rt 22 in Union but it may not be open to the public.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Oldbridge is a private club. It is not open to public. You have to become a member to use the facilities. You can find the relevant information at www.obrpc.org.

Ray's that used to be on rt 22 is closed.

Welcome to the community!

"Here you will find a comprehensive resource for NJ firearms owners, or anyone looking to learn more about it. The forum is an evolving resource and medium of information exchange, for anyone new or experienced with firearms, from wanting advice on a new firearm, or to discuss a place to shoot, and there is even a section to talking about your favorite restaurant."