DevsAdvocate

New range in West Paterson/Woodland Park?

Hey guys! We put up a poll on our facebook page to see what city everyone thinks the range will be built. You inspired us to have a little fun while we wait to get our CO... check it out and while you are there, like our page and send some of your friends our way! We will be using facebook and Twitter to get everyone up to date with our progress!

Thanks!

http://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/poll.php?pid=ABQ-n_IMCHE

Voted.

Yes, range is rated up to .50 BMG...there will be two specific lanes that will be for rifle...especially until we get to know our clientele and who will be baffle killers! :)

What will the other lanes be rated for?

All the ports will handle up to 50 BMG. We just want to keep the rifle rounds on two lanes that can handle that velocity and have baffles that are meant for rifle rounds. The other lanes will be just fine for any handgun ammo.

Jeez, it was hard enough to get the wife to let me open a range - now ya want me to work 24 hrs too!! LOL Can you say DIVORCE!

We have not set the range hours just yet...we are going to play it by ear and see how many show up and at what hours...so we can determine whether it will be an 8pm, 9pm or 10pm close on certain nights

[cough] [cough] NJGF Private Meets :good:

Hey guys! We put up a poll on our facebook page to see what city everyone thinks the range will be built. You inspired us to have a little fun while we wait to get our CO... check it out and while you are there, like our page and send some of your friends our way! We will be using facebook and Twitter to get everyone up to date with our progress!

Thanks!

http://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/poll.php?pid=ABQ-n_IMCHE

Make sure you post updates here as well, I'm not on facebook nor will I be and I don't do twitter.

"If you build it, they will come." This is great news! Being a resident of Lincoln Park, I will be a regular for sure. Any ideas on price structure? Hourly? Yearly membership(s)? Someone mentioned hours of operation earlier in the thread...maybe a late night once or twice a week? Being a family man, I would love to hit the range for an hour or two after the kids hit the sheets on occasion. Just a thought.

Subscribed.

"If you build it, they will come." This is great news! Being a resident of Lincoln Park, I will be a regular for sure. Any ideas on price structure? Hourly? Yearly membership(s)? Someone mentioned hours of operation earlier in the thread...maybe a late night once or twice a week? Being a family man, I would love to hit the range for an hour or two after the kids hit the sheets on occasion. Just a thought.

Subscribed.

Well, we're building it and there's no turning back now. We haven't settled on exact rates just yet. They will be comparable to those in South Jersey on an hourly and yearly membership basis. We are floating around the idea of multiple yearly membership levels, with different perks at each level. This way there isn't just one price that some may not want to jump into...

With regards to late nights - We hear you...and did just have a conversation amongst the partners about how late, and if not every day, at least having 1 or 2 days that we stay open until 10pm.

Ok, so to address some of the questions about our range hours - how about I list our thoughts below and you guys give us some feedback (realistic!) as to if this seems good for the general public?

Monday, Tuesday & Wed - 10am - 8pm

Thursday 10am - 10pm

Friday 10am - 9pm

Saturday 8am - 6pm

Sunday 8am - 5pm

Again, nothing in stone - just first thoughts...

Ok, so to address some of the questions about our range hours - how about I list our thoughts below and you guys give us some feedback (realistic!) as to if this seems good for the general public?

Thursday 10am - 10pm

Friday 10am - 9pm

Saturday 8am - 6pm

Sunday 8am - 5pm

8am is great for the weekends. I cant stand waiting until 10/11 on a day off. I would prefer to get there early, get some practice in and still have the whole day. (I actually got yelled at at Cherry Hill for starting at 7am, oops)

Thursday 10am - 10pm

Friday 10am - 9pm

Saturday 8am - 6pm

Sunday 8am - 5pm

As stated, 8am on the w/e is great. Def diggin the later hours during the week.

10 min further than Bullethole? I'm sold. I hope you have more parking than they do. I hate having to get creative making a spot next to a live railway. Are you going to allow head shots? Bullethole only lets police officers shoot them, because somehow the people who only shoot a few times a year are more accurate. :rolleyes:

10 min further than Bullethole? I'm sold. I hope you have more parking than they do. I hate having to get creative making a spot next to a live railway. Are you going to allow head shots? Bullethole only lets police officers shoot them, because somehow the people who only shoot a few times a year are more accurate. :rolleyes:

Yes, there is plenty of parking...even though I don't think that railway is active next to the BH :) At least I hope its not - not that I will be going there anyway :)

Allow head shots? Uh yes, we encourage it..especially if you missed your two shots to the thoracic cavity :)

only anti-gunners will be prohibited from head shots - but they will get to blow their rape whistles as loud as they want

Thursday 10am - 10pm

Friday 10am - 9pm

Saturday 8am - 6pm

Sunday 8am - 5pm

Looks good to me though you might find that Monday Tuesday Wed you could probably open later - but I would base that on actual customer load after a few months in business.

10 min further than Bullethole? I'm sold.

Funny coincidence for me: I'm almost exactly a half hour away from both Cherry Ridge and the Bullethole, and it looks like I'm going to be the same distance from your new place. I guess things could be a lot worse. Even though I anticipate continuing to do a lot of my shooting at Cherry Ridge, it will sure be great to have a nice indoor alternative.

Funny coincidence for me: I'm almost exactly a half hour away from both Cherry Ridge and the Bullethole, and it looks like I'm going to be the same distance from your new place. I guess things could be a lot worse. Even though I anticipate continuing to do a lot of my shooting at Cherry Ridge, it will sure be great to have a nice indoor alternative.

Well, since we haven't state which town we are in, how do you know how far you will be? Maybe it will be closer? :)

Well, since we haven't state which town we are in, how do you know how far you will be? Maybe it will be closer? :)

I can only hope! But I'll be sure to support you either way. Looking forward to your opening. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Interesting point... We are breaking ground on Monday and I will be taking photos... I hope you guys get excited about seeing ground getting dug up for concrete footers! :)

Wow!....new construction. I did not see that one but with the trades being so slow, I have to guess you got a good deal. Like others have said, the early weekend hours are key. Get up early, get in a little practice and head back home to the chores.

My only suggestion is to shift the weekday hours back an hour. I usually don't get home until six at the earliest. Evening practice would be great. Even in the summer, Shongum and Cherry Ridge are a no-go due to the traffic on 80.

I suggest more than one late night. With only one, I can see a big wait to get in some trigger time. At least with two, shooters can split the days.

agreed, and don't have the late nights back to back. This way mid-shift guys have to option of a different day.

OK - just a suggestion for the Mon - Wed nights. Stay open until 9:00PM. We use to do Tues night shoots at BH and most of the guys didn't get there until 7:00pm. We liked to shoot 1 to 2 hours so 8:00pm would be cutting it close. Maybe open later in the morning on those days?

I see your suggesting Thurs and Fri late nights so I may be a little picky here, but I believe a lot of the guys liked shooting on Tues night. I still like shooting Tues night because it breaks up the week. Shoot Tues and weekends or Wed and weekends.

this is good! gotta watch this thead...

Yes, range is rated up to .50 BMG...there will be two specific lanes that will be for rifle...especially until we get to know our clientele and who will be baffle killers! :)

OK - just a suggestion for the Mon - Wed nights. Stay open until 9:00PM. We use to do Tues night shoots at BH and most of the guys didn't get there until 7:00pm. We liked to shoot 1 to 2 hours so 8:00pm would be cutting it close. Maybe open later in the morning on those days?

I see your suggesting Thurs and Fri late nights so I may be a little picky here, but I believe a lot of the guys liked shooting on Tues night. I still like shooting Tues night because it breaks up the week. Shoot Tues and weekends or Wed and weekends.

Good input...I think we will play it by ear the first few months being open and see what pans out....If it looks like later nights in the early part of the week seems to draw the most in, then that's what we will go with. It will just be a balancing act for us. We have to weigh the cost of help and keeping the range open vs how many show up between 7-9pm....but feedback helps!!

to answer an earlier question, ira at legend firearms IS planning to open a range/store. i had a long conversation with him about his plans and what is already set. he is good friends with the police chief and some town council members in the municipality he's chosen, though i forget where he said. the building location is set, the plans are final, he's waiting for some of the final funding to come in. it will be a full service store/gunsmith and a larger range for pistol and rifle around the 30-06ish area, shotguns are allowed too. it will be member based but day passes will be sold. there will also be a cigar lounge only accessible to members. it WILL be 24hours with late night access only being available to members through a swipe card. the range will be 50 yards i think with 20 or so ports. and it will be located near his current location. ira is a great guy and extremely passionate about what he loves.

that being said, i live in essex county and do not like BH so another indoor option in the frigid winter months will be VERY nice. best of luck and you have plenty of support from the NJGF forum members. i had heard about this a few months ago but i heard it was going to be cedar grove, which would be AMAZING, seeing as how i live in verona