Sign in to follow this  
Wolfy

Top Shot Season 3

Putting the reality show "you can play the reality show game model to win even if you aren't very good" thing aside, I am looking forward to the show. They had some damn cool shooting competitions and most of the shooters are one hell of a shot. I understand the show wouldn't get the views without the reality show aspect, but I wish they would focus more on the shooting. Either way, it is entertaining enough for me to watch.

I think History finally realized they tapped into a bountiful source of long-lasting entertainment, and is doing themselves, and the viewer, a favor by pumping this show out as fast as they can.

I honestly am only watching season 2 now, and even find that my interest is waning a bit. However, I could imagine that the viewership for this genre of reality/competition-style show (firearms inspired that is) won't dip in ratings any time soon. Hopefully they'll just find ways of keeping this fresh, whether that's with the challenges or having an eclectic cast.

I think History finally realized they tapped into a bountiful source of long-lasting entertainment, and is doing themselves, and the viewer, a favor by pumping this show out as fast as they can.

I honestly am only watching season 2 now, and even find that my interest is waning a bit. However, I could imagine that the viewership for this genre of reality/competition-style show (firearms inspired that is) won't dip in ratings any time soon. Hopefully they'll just find ways of keeping this fresh, whether that's with the challenges or having an eclectic cast.

Keeping it fresh could mean a super model shoot out?

Ben, they sure are. They are filming Season 4 this month I believe or next. Spoke with the producers, but I could not take a month off to potentially be on the show. Alas, maybe next year.

That is good. You saved me from having to watch one episode.

And how ironic that he's holding a SBR AK. First and only time as an NJ citizen.

Victor: He's a LEO, so maybe he actually has

I saw a post on face book this morning by my martial arts instructor about one of them being an air martial that his family knows? is one of the guys an air marshal?

I'm not sure they are allowed to divulge that, where their face may be seen, but two of them are LEO's for Homeland Security

One of my passions, other than firearms, is pool. Interesting to see that the Restaurant Operations Manager for Hollywood Billiards is a contestant. Used to be a real players room, but I understand that it has recently been converted into more of a club - red cloth on the tables - UGH! I played there back around 2005, great place and good (bar type) food.

I'll be watching tonight - I can overlook the hype, I just enjoy the shooting.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Finally, a competitior I couldnt stand got culled right out of the gate! I think that woman got into the shooting sports to look "BAD A$$" not because she has a love for the sport. Ive seen this time and again and not just shooting, riding sport bikes and drag racing too. Now there are some truly talented ladies out there shooting, riding and racing but it NEVER seems to be the attention seeking "BAD A$$" ones that are actually good at it!