bbk

Uhh, earthquake?

Co-worker's email said Visible swaying at 650 Madison ave.

I'm at 230 Park right now - my main office is on 44th & 5th above the Best Buy.

49th and Park here. Most of the people in the building felt it. Good indication of how most people wouldn't know what to do in a real emergency. People walking around, "what was that, what was that??" looking like chickens with no heads.

I thought I left those in Cali when I moved to Jersey!

Me to, I felt 12 of them over the years I lived out there and only the second one here that I can remember but I do have to say, a lot more fun here being up in the tower at EWR airport, something about a tall minimally supported structure add to it, heck we feel the building moving with the winds every day but not used to bouncing like today.

And to think, I could have been home with the OL having fun and said, hey I made the earth move.:sarcastichand:

Harry

One thing we used to check after earthquakes is water lines, waste lines and double check all your windows and sliding doors for how they operate, doubt anyone in our neck of the woods will have any problems but some older homes could see some minor damage.

Newest reports at the airport when I left was 5.9 at the center of the quake, only a 1.2 mile deep, and reports of feeling it down as far at Atlanta airport, as far north as Toronto, and into western PA, even had a report at a facility out in Ohio. Also if you anyone out by Denver saying they felt it, tell them it was a different quake, they had thee own around the same time frame.

Harry

I saw on the news that one of the nuke plants in VA lost outside electrical power and went on Diesel backup

Stop fear-mongering. It's nothing.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903461304576526642400085456.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Jon,

Stop being a sheep. This is all the liberal agenda to steal our guns. They drilled a whole 1.2 miles deep and stuck a nuke there to make folks feel it is a quake. While in reality, it is just a plot. The day of reckoning is upon us. 2012.

wait..... I might of confuse the political agenda with some religious prophecies. :facepalm:

:sarcastichand:

move along, nothing to see here.

• Like 1

Damn thing is a nusiance.

North Ana and Sully Nuke shutdown as precautions due to loss of outside power. No big deal.

We had a good shake here in Philly, my building's patio has a new 8' long crack in it. I have been getting word of broken water lines, and gas lines.

Patco out of and into Philly shut down for inspections.

Problem I have is I was working on Hurricane Irene at the time.... but me behind the 8 ball here.

post-1225-0-60219700-1314130011_thumb.jpg