Sivl32

Be honest you named all your firearms, share it with us.

I don't feel embarrassed to admit this cause I know some of you have done it as well, you gave each of your firearms a name and its time to share it... gun/name..

Taurus 1911 - Angie

Bersa .380 - Charlette

Springfield XDM45 5.25 - Melissa

JR Carbine (AR) - Thrall

your turn.

Don;t name my guns, but I do name some of my Bikes, all the bikes I had that were older than my 74 had names but now only my 83 Shovel does, my 08 Ultra is way too new and if you know anything about Harleys anything newer than Shovels don;t really have any soul like the old iron.

Now before our resident BMW guy jumps in, your old iron bikes are right there in a class of there own as well and you know they are also a part of the family just like old HD's, Trumpets, Indians, Vincents, Enfields, etc..;)

Some of my guns have gotten very bad names when the act up like, you piece of sh*t when one jams, of you f-ing piece of.crap when it fails to eject, or you dirty whore when I have to clean it at the end of a shooting session. Names go no further than that, purely heat of the moment.

I'd no more name my firearms than I'd name a rake or a shovel. That said, if it were ginormous, annoying or really oddball in some fashion, it might get named something like Günther. You know who Günther is right? If you fly as much as I have, you ultimately end up sitting next to a German who lives out of a bag smaller than a 1911 case. His name is invariably Günther. He last took a shower several weeks ago when he left the motherland and you ran into him on the 3rd leg of a 22 hour flight to Asia. Now you've got 7 hours to enjoy his surly manner and bask in his ripeness. Günther is such an indelible memory that you recount these encounters on a gun forum some years later. Günther's name is reserved for that special piece of equipment that irritates the hell out of you.

I'd no more name my firearms than I'd name a rake or a shovel. That said, if it were ginormous, annoying or really oddball in some fashion, it might get named something like Günther. You know who Günther is right? If you fly as much as I have, you ultimately end up sitting next to a German who lives out of a bag smaller than a 1911 case. His name is invariably Günther. He last took a shower several weeks ago when he left the motherland and you ran into him on the 3rd leg of a 22 hour flight to Asia. Now you've got 7 hours to enjoy his surly manner and bask in his ripeness. Günther is such an indelible memory that you recount these encounters on a gun forum some years later. Günther's name is reserved for that special piece of equipment that irritates the hell out of you.

I know Günther.

As a group - a bunch of us named one of our friends guns Godzilla. The barrel on that shotgun was so long he was swatting clays out of the sky with the end of the barrel...