Maksim

Guess the repair Bill! (Anastasia was rear ended)

I don't know if it's my late night stupor that's causing me to not see well.....but I only see damage to the rear bumper. I don't see any rear quarter panel or trunk damage, and the bumper even appears as if it can be saved (can't be too sure without seeing it in person). Because of that, my guess is $931.

I don't know if it's my late night stupor that's causing me to not see well.....but I only see damage to the rear bumper. I don't see any rear quarter panel or trunk damage, and the bumper even appears as if it can be saved (can't be too sure without seeing it in person). Because of that, my guess is $931.

Trunk lid or one of the rear quarter panels is not aligning properly.

And this is all just the visible damage. who knows what is under it or once the car is on the lift.

And this is all just the visible damage. who knows what is under it or once the car is on the lift.

Then I'm way off, and this will probably cost at least $2,000.

It's that trunk that makes me think the repairs are extensive.

If its got 160k on her Maks, i would just go for new pins to hold the bumper and a $150 spray job on the bumper to fix the heavy scratches. grab a new truck release/catch if its bent because when she got hit the hooks probably snapped or got bent.

$400 out of your pocket and you keep the insurance money. Ill talk to my bumper guy tomorrow at the dealership and see if he agrees

If the trunk lid won't close, everything back there is probably tweaked. With that kind of mileage, it's totaled. I'll say $3500 if there is minimal straightening required. 6k+ if they have to put it on the frame machine.

Wow, you guys who are guessing under $3000 haven't been to a body shop lately, have you? The situation with my wife's van was just a scrape. Minor plastic filler and paint and the bill was over $700. This repair needs more than that, plus parts.

Wow, you guys who are guessing under $3000 haven't been to a body shop lately, have you? The situation with my wife's van was just a scrape. Minor plastic filler and paint and the bill was over $700. This repair needs more than that, plus parts.

Agreed! I got rearended on monday and got a crack in my rear bumper. Just to replace the rear bumper, and paint it is 1200 dollars. That's just for the bumper. There's a lot more going on with Mak's car.

Wow looks like replacement of bumber cover and spray bumber cover. They won't blend quarters when they paint plastic anyway because paint on plastic doesn't match paint on metal exactly anyway. Guess I am on the low side here compared to most who posted but I say $1000-$1200 unless there is other damage under the bumper we can't see.

Not just bumper.

Exhaust hanging off one side, trunk lid won't close without pushing lid in.

2 more hours

Looked at pics again, exhaust doesn't seem too bad could just be hanger. Trunk seams line up perfectly doesn't seem like structural damage might just be bumper pushing up from the bottom interfering with close. Am sticking with my estimate. I am assuming least amount of damage based on what I see.

What's the prize?