db1775

The new Mossberg black gun

Maybe it wouldnt be all that bad with out the stock. That sets it over the edge, and I dont know if you need rails on a lever gun? But like anything a few people will buy them and then they go away then tons are people are paying alot more then they are worth just to have them.

no... it is the overall affect.

Flash hider, horrible stock, tri rail, black tacticoat... ugh. Just awful. And in 30-30?? I love that round for a woods gun... I am suprised they did not try to put it out in .357 or some other pistol caliber where you could have the matching pair.

Just awful... no lines, no symetry... it is the by product of a stolen moment between an AR15 and a Scout rifle.

I think it's pretty cool. I have quite a few lever action rifles, but none by Mossberg and none in 30-30. It's probably very light, so I'm curious about the recoil. Davidson's doesn't list it in the Gallery of Guns yet, but most of those models are around $550 MSRP and $380 - $420 in the Gun Genie.

I'll buy one and let you guys know how it shoots. I wonder if Paul will order one for me, or if it's too bling for him?

-Dave

I actually kind of like it. I just kind of wished they had taken the concept a little further. I'd like to see a lever action with as many features of a so called”assault weapon" as humanly possible just to piss off anti gun people out there.

I've been really wanting a lever action, but this will not be it. I feel sorry for the gun...what did it do to deserve that harsh treatment?

That Marlin 336 SS posted above is beautiful. However, I'm thinking I want one in either .22 (I do love my .22s) or .357/.38 (for something different)...as well as traditional-looking. The hunt continues for something that really gets my interest...

Would I buy one? no.

I wouldn't mind owning one, however. Not in .30-30, since the only acceptable .30-30 one should own is his grandpappys pre '63 Winchester Model '94. I would love to own one of those in 9mm just to get strange looks at the range. Wouldn't spend money on one though.

Then again I also want to buy cheapo arrows and a quiver, make speedloaders out of the arrows, and go to the range with my Henry and a quiver full of arrows because it is practical and I would confuse the crap out of everyone else. I also would love to buy two 'make your own' black powder pistol kits, make one into a respectable and clean firearm and the second paint flat dark earth and add an offensive amount of rails and whatnot to it just to be strange.

I wouldn't bubba up an SKS or Nagant, however.