Maksim

Bloomberg's Anti Gun Laws Work...

They worked extremely well tonight too.

Was at one of my relatives weddings in Brooklyn. The best man, went outside for a cigarette, got robbed at gunpoint, with a few others outside.

Way to go Bloomberg. Of course the cops show up (reactively) and take a report, who knows if the bad guys will ever get caught.

Fortunately everyone was ok.... but I really got me emotionally stunned, being right there, and being absolutely disarmed that you cannot do anything against it.

Just another reason to get out of the state, both NJ or NY.

Until it hits so close to home, you do not realize exactly how defenseless we are, and the government cannot do jack shit to protect any one of us or our friends or loved ones.

Gun Control—the arrogant attitude that regards the victim of a sidewalk robbery as being somehow morally superior to the armed citizen who defended himself against an armed attacker.

Liberals would say, "surrender and beg." But you hear stories of punk-a$$ gang-bangers who shoot the victim needlessly even after they surrender their wallets just for the "status" they get from doing it. Your friend is lucky. Maybe this is a sign that he needs to quit smoking.

Glad nobody was hurt! My son filled out his forms for a carry permit in PA a couple of weeks ago and already got the call to come in and get his picture taken and pick it up. Free America is so different from Jersey and NY.

Two cherished libtard policies in action, smoking bans and defensive weapons bans. That's a two-fer in libtopia. Isn't it great when government enacts laws that protect us from ourselves only to put us in peril at the hands of others? Bravo Bloomy for keeping your police force busy writing those reports!

Wow thats messed up Maks! I would also be in shock and furious simultaneously. The bad guys can run around NYC with assurances that nobody is able to defend themselves. The only odds they have to worry about is if they decide to rob an off-duty cop or a member one of the few of the privileged classes in NYC with carry permits or personal armed guards. Pretty much applies to NJ as well.

In the end, glad nobody got hurt. Can I ask what area in Brooklyn you were?

I hope doucheberg goes to Heaven very soon.

That being said, I don't think he has changed any NYC gun laws, has he?

Also, if nobody was required to go to the station for an interview with a detective, that report might not even be filed. I know nothing about NYC, but i think we remember that recent story about how they need higher stop and frisk numbers and lower crime numbers. And, it might have only been that department (yeah right), but they throw away violent crime reports if the complainant doesn't come to the station and submit to an interview with a detective.

Why does he deserve heaven? Even I like the heat better! ;)

I hope doucheberg goes to Heaven very soon.

That being said, I don't think he has changed any NYC gun laws, has he?

Also, if nobody was required to go to the station for an interview with a detective, that report might not even be filed. I know nothing about NYC, but i think we remember that recent story about how they need higher stop and frisk numbers and lower crime numbers. And, it might have only been that department (yeah right), but they throw away violent crime reports if the complainant doesn't come to the station and submit to an interview with a detective.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Isn't it great when government enacts laws that only put us in peril at the hands of others?

There, fixed that up just a bit. It seems to me that lawmakers in NY, NJ are intent on making massive and permanent victim class. Self reliance is scorned, and even punished as if defending ones self was a criminal act. Sad, very sad.

I'm glad that no one was hurt, but would have been fine with the criminal being beaten unconscious.

Corner of macdonald.ave, 86th st and ave x.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

My buddy in Brooklyn says its not the "best place". I asked what % of Brooklyn is good and what is "not the best", still no response yet....

It's not just, 'oh, if he was CCW then he coulda this or that....'

It's the violent AHole bad guy thinking, im the only one w a gun in this town, jus like a kid in a candy store! Muahahaha...

Bloombugger is as pathetic as those like minded criminal d*ck sucking apologists.

It's not just, 'oh, if he was CCW then he coulda this or that....'

It's the violent AHole bad guy thinking, im the only one w a gun in this town, jus like a kid in a candy store! Muahahaha...

Bloombugger is as pathetic as those like minded criminal d*ck sucking apologists.

I think this is a huge point. I agree that we all aren't all here saying that a CCW person would have stopped the guy, or what he/she would have done in that situation. Sure sometimes you are better off just handing over the wallet, etc. The important points are a) At least a person could have an opportunity to defend themselves on a level playing ground if it did get ugly. and b) that crooks would think differently if they thought there could be armed folks around instead of how you put it, "kid in a candy store" without a fear in the world that their victims might be able to fight back.

Actually, Dan hit it on the head.

The fact is, there were a few others there outside, mostly NJ and other out of state people. For a robber, it is like shooting fish in a barrel. There are no law abiding people there who will do anything to stop him.

Had this wedding been in PA, or hey, say even Philly, there is a very good chance there would of been at least a few people out of the 100+ who had a CCW. Better yet, the robbers would think twice knowing that any 70 year old granny can be packing.

Prime example of feel good legislation that does absolutely nothing. Criminals do not follow laws. Something Mayor Mike and others do not seem to understand.

Yesterday I watched the vid of you shooting at Shogum. Then, a little later, I read this thread. Like you I was stunned and had a similar reaction. Here we've got a guy who's fully capable of handeling a firearm yet completed unable to defend himself DESPITE having the skills, training, and proper equipment to do so. And for what reason?

It struck me so much I showed my wife, first, the vid from Shogum, and then let her read the opening post in this thread. Her reaction was a simple "Oh my God" followed by that look in her eye as the wheels spun in her head that told me she was thinking the same thing I was thinking.

Well to be fair, NYC gun control was never intended to actually work that way. It was intended for control. So in that respect, it has worked great!

Bloomberg might as well been the criminal who robbed your friend.

That's impossible. NY has some of the strictest gun laws in the country.

Glad everyone is ok. It could have turned bad real fast.

So strict the use of "Pepper blaster" pepper spray is illegal. My goodness, there is NO way of protecting yourself. Are bullet proof vests illegal? Rubber bands and paper clips? Truly a Nazi/Dictatorial regime and policies.

... Pepper spray (and the pepper blaster) is legal....

Krdshrk, been meaning to open up a conversation on this assertion by you. I have a pepper blaster and have considered carrying it in NYC, but I'm not convinced it is legal. NY code specifically states that a "spray device" is required to have a specific label:

http://codes.lp.find...EE/P/265/265.20

(my emphasis added)

...a requirement that every self-defense spray device which may be lawfully purchased, possessed or used pursuant to this paragraph have a label which states: "WARNING: The use of this substance or device for any purpose other than self-defense is a criminal offense under the law. The contents are dangerous - use with care. This device shall not be sold by anyone other than a licensed or authorized dealer. Possession of this device by any person under the age of eighteen or by anyone who has been convicted of a felony or assault is illegal. Violators may be prosecuted under the law."....

I don't have my pepper blaster with me, but I don't think it has that label, which would appear to make it fall out of the exemption. Interesting question - can I just print the "label" in 2 point font and tape/glue it to the pepper blaster handle?

There's also a lot of discussion that claims that pepper sprays must be purchased in NY and can not be mail ordered or brought in from out of state, but I can't find anything in the statute to support that.

Would it be illegal in NJ?

New Jersey Statutes - Title 2C The New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice - 2C:39-1 Definitions.

f. "Firearm" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, automatic or semi-automatic rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectable ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances. It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person.