TheDon

M9A1 vs 92A1 vs 92FS

I am thinking about selling a S&W M&P9c that has been collecting dust for 3 years and using the cash to supplement the purchase of a Beretta. I got two questions:

1. Is there any difference between the M9A1 and the 92A1 other than the markings and serial number? They look pretty much identical to me.

2. Someone told me that the 92FS INOX has a better trigger, but I cannot confirm or dispel that on the internet. True? Fales? Is it worth the extra $130 (20%)

Recommendations appreciated. I am leaning toward the M9A1.

Thanks

Does the 92A1 have the safety feature?

I know there is a 92....or is it the 96 doesn't have the safety feature.

FWIW, from what I recall when I investigated, the M9A1 does not accept the 22LR practice kit. Don't know if that is an issue for you.

I also don't know about an improved trigger on the Inox. I thought that was only finish.

you spelled glock wrong

:D

The awesomeness that emanates from my three 1911’s impedes me from bringing a Glock into the fold.

Once you shoot a hammer-fired pistol, you can never go back to striker-fired. Hence, my desire to rid myself of the M&P.

Potential differences

2 dot vs 3 dot sights.

Grip/back strap.

Dust cover (I assume to be moot in A1 models as they have a rail correct?).

Squared vs rounded trigger guard.

Recoil spring and guide rod differences.

Magazine capacity.

There have been various minor changes made throughout the years and I could be confusing the different versions.

The main things are the rail and the removable front sights for the A1 varieties. The difference between M9 and 92 is the sights and the magazine sizes. Look for an Italian-made Beretta.

Everyone,

Thanks for the advice.

On an internet order, how can I tell if I am getting an Italian-made Beretta?

I can get a M9A1 online for $593+$40=$633 out the door. Best out the door price from brick and morter shops is $727.

Is Italian-made worth $94?

Also not mentioned the 92A1 has an "internal recoil buffer" that the M9A1 does not have. It's supposed to extend the life of the frame. It was designed for the 96A1 and the .40sw round it fires, but Beretta included it in the 92A1 as well. Most people on the Beretta forums don't believe the recoil buffer does any significant good on the 92A1 since the 9mm doesn't really have the recoil of the .40, but it's something to think about. See picture below...

IMG_0629.jpg

The other differences between the 92A1 and M9A1 that I'm sure of are...

92A1 has removable sights

92A1 has a rounded trigger guard, M9A1 is the tradition 92 style

92A1 has different backstrap checkering

M9A1 comes with Beretta's sand resistant magazines (probably a moot point unless you're shooting in the desert)

Both are great guns, good luck with your purchase.

Buy from Paul at A&A. He got mine in the shop in about a week and gave me a great price. I love my 92a1. Came with 3 17 round mags that he pinned for free down to 15 and ground the #s off so no knucklehead cop thinks I'm carrying illegal mags on my trip to and from the range. Built in rail for a light when it's in my nightstand safe too.

Good info, AC201.

Thanks.

Hey, FFL's. I hope you noticed the not-so-subtle hint that I am open to an offer.

Anyone who can do $650 out the door for a M9A1 has my business. I would rather support a local FFL than make the online drop-shippers richer.

I reside between NJTP exits 4 and 5.

ETA:

Thanks Ron. I bought my Saiga SG21 from Paul. He is a 45 minute drive for me, but I am willing to make the trek if he can do $650 out the door.

Someone told me that the 92FS INOX has a better trigger, but I cannot confirm or dispel that on the internet. True? Fales? Is it worth the extra $130 (20%)

Recommendations appreciated. I am leaning toward the M9A1.

The INOX does not have a better trigger. I own an INOX Beretta 92FS and the trigger is the same as the blued 92FS.

Beretta aficionados tend to value the Italian guns more than the Made in USA guns, but I don't think that there is any difference. I consider myself to be a pretty darn avid Beretta fanboy, but your S&W M&P 9c is a fantastic firearm. I would consider buying it from you if you were interested - and this from a guy who I loves his PX4 Compact.

all the M9's are US made.

All 92a1's are Italian

92fs can be either or..... best idea is to ask before you order, some sites will say if its us made or italian like buds.

There isn't any difference between the two anymore, although it still holds the nostalgia of being Italian born. Personally i like the USA stamps my M9A!, makes me feel patriotic.

I have a 92A1 that you're more than welcome to try. Let me know and we can meet at Hague's sometime.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Same here, I'm a member at Hagues and I'd be happy to let you shoot mine as well

I don't like beretta "painting" their guns. Looks funny & probably scratches easier

Bruniton is more of an epoxy over parkerizing, it is more resistant to corrosion. Since it is a layer on top, it will scratch easier then bluing.. i mean whats harder metal or epoxy? kind of a trade off. Finish wears easier over time, but overall resists corrosion better.