henrym

We all need to take a deep breath

I know this may not be the popular opinion, but I think we all need to take a minute, spend some time with our families this holiday season, and relax a little.

This forum has been inundated with doom and gloom posts that equate to the sky is falling. We have no facts about what is coming down the pipe.

All this panic buying, stress, and what if scenarios are certainly not helping anyone. We need to wait and see what the new year has in store instead of reacting to speculation.

I know this may not be the popular opinion, but I think we all need to take a minute, spend some time with our families this holiday season, and relax a little.

This forum has been inundated with doom and gloom posts that equate to the sky is falling. We have no facts about what is coming down the pipe.

All this panic buying, stress, and what if scenarios are certainly not helping anyone. We need to wait and see what the new year has in store instead of reacting to speculation.

I agree wholeheartedly......We're all wound up and feeling angry,confused and powerless. While the forum is an ideal venue to let off steam, I fear some of what is posted makes us as a group appear rabid and slightly nuts, we can ill afford to be perceived as such in light of recent events.

I am for choice. If you don't like the topic then don't read it.

Rather telling that the older, established and respected members on this forum are for the most part conspicuously silent while some of our sophomore members continue to dial up the volume.

I agree that we should all calm down, but I think the threads should stay up. This has been the main place I've been getting updates this past week, because turning on a news station or reading about it on the internet has nearly caused me to have an aneurysm. That said, I'll probably be off the forums/TV/internet on Christmas and for a few days after, if only because I need a rest from all the stress this commotion is causing. I'll be resting up with my family and getting a few new guns in the process. I hope all you guys have a safe and happy holiday.

I doubt they have enough votes in the house to pull of a ban anyway. Especially when all the hoopla dies down in a few weeks.

Dude, the thread is about chillin not stirring this giant pot even more.

Unfortunately, though we need to keep this chit going. The anti's will never stop so neither can we.

I am for choice. If you don't like the topic then don't read it.

+1 to you...

the forum is simply a reflection of how we feel.. SOME of us (not me) are in a position to not really have anyone to talk to about guns.. this is it.. the only option..

I think Henry means well here, but I agree with some of the others. I have been cut off at every opportunity this week when I try to voice my opinions. People just don't want to hear another view point. The media is biased and they really do not care about anyone but themselves, their ego's, and their viewership ratings. This is the only place where we can voice our opinions without feeling like pariahs.

I think what we will do is have threads consolidated together. No need to have every other post about it.

It is a touch subject, personally I don't think there will be any bans coming, this is simply a distraction from real issues, fiscal cliff, shitty economy, unemployment, taxes.

i agree... the chain of events this week, starting with the tragedy on friday, really bummed me out and ruined my whole week. but now my week is over and its time to take a breath as you said. i hope everyone enjoys their Christmas :D i am going to do the best i can to enjoy mine.