BRaptor

So, my pro-2A article was published today!

It's been a long time since I've shown my face around here. But, with all the anti-2A articles out there, I decided to try to do something about it.

I had constantly been complaining that no papers were publishing "our" side of the 2A discussion. So, I wrote an article and submitted it to the editor of the Times of Trenton, it was my response to their Jan. 2 guest opinion article ("People have no right to assault weapons").

After some back and fourth discussion and editing, they published it in the Sunday edition! It's on NJ.com.

Link

Great article. Some of those comments were infuriating though. Of course they had to include my absolute favorite anti-gun snippet: The 2nd amendment only applies to the militia! I'm right and you're wrong! A bloo bloo bloo!

Excellent article.

I want to add, only because of a recent discussion with a few of my friends that are very much on the "ban" band wagon (I don't call them anti's because they are simply rolling with the tide of the television broadcasts) the following:

Here are the points they tune out anything I give the to read:

"...agenda..."

"main stream media"

"lame stream Media"

"...the gun grabbers.."

" the Liberals"

"libs"

I only bring this up because they were so honest to tell me, but also because one of those phrases is in there, sorta.

It goes like this:

"well that guy has some good things to say... nice, ... interesting....hmm did not know that... WHOA, main stream media gun grabbing agenda? This guy is one of those nut jobs that care more for his gun than for dead kids. I'm outta here "

It does no good to put all those thoughts together but then stick a thumb in the eye of the peopel you really want to read it.

I don't want to sound critical of this excellent piece. I really like it a lot. I will make sure people I know read it because it sounds wonderful. However for those of us that are intending to write something along these same lines I say this - know your audience. Or, if you can't know them don't go on and on like you are talkingwith your buds at the gun range calling people libtards. Those are the one you want to convince if you feel the need to write a letter to the editor. Preaching to the choir get us no where.