mattio41

NY 7 Round Mags (Bill 2230) - Merged Threads

And how will we differentiate between pre and post ban 10 round mags? Huh riddle me this. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The same way they were differentiating before with the pre 1994 and post 1994 mags - they really didn't unless the were marked with a date or were marked "law enforcement only"

The same way they were differentiating before with the pre 1994 and post 1994 mags - they really didn't unless the were marked with a date or were marked "law enforcement only"

The question is will manufacturers do this for JUST NY and NJ????

The good news for New Yorkers is they can keep there 10-round magazines loaded with all 10 rounds inside their home and are not guilty of any crime, only a violation. If they happen to get caught, then they can no longer do so without committing a misdemeanor. At least either way it doesn't make them a felon.

So if you look at it that way, there is tons of good news!

:p

IF SUCH DEVICE CONTAINING MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION IS

POSSESSED WITHIN THE HOME OF THE POSSESSOR, THE PERSON SO POSSESSING THE

DEVICE SHALL, FOR A FIRST OFFENSE, BE GUILTY OF A VIOLATION AND SUBJECT

TO A FINE OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS, AND FOR A SECOND OFFENSE, BE GUILTY OF

A CLASS B MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A

TERM OF UP TO THREE MONTHS IMPRISONMENT.

IF SUCH DEVICE CONTAINING MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION IS

POSSESSED IN ANY LOCATION OTHER THAN THE HOME OF THE POSSESSOR, THE

PERSON SO POSSESSING THE DEVICE SHALL, FOR A FIRST OFFENSE, BE GUILTY OF

S. 2230 25 A. 2388

A CLASS B MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A

TERM OF UP TO SIX MONTHS IMPRISONMENT, AND FOR A SECOND OFFENSE, BE

GUILTY OF A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR.

If this law goes into effect immediately in NY does that mean as a NJ resident we can no longer travel into NY with a long gun(.22 rimfire) with magazines having greater than 7rd capacity? No more range use in NY either?

The one exception they left in was that tube fed .22's are okay and the ammunition restriction does NOT apply.

23. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt,

drum, feed strip, or similar device, that (A) has a capacity of, or

that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten

rounds of ammunition, OR (B) CONTAINS MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNI

TION, OR © IS OBTAINED AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE CHAPTER OF THE

LAWS OF TWO THOUSAND THIRTEEN WHICH AMENDED THIS SUBDIVISION AND HAS A

CAPACITY OF, OR THAT CAN BE READILY RESTORED OR CONVERTED TO ACCEPT,

MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION; provided, however, that such term

does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and

capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition OR A

FEEDING DEVICE THAT IS A CURIO OR RELIC.

So are M1's older then 50 years old are ok, but newer ones are not?

1. ATF Home
  2. Publications
  3. Firearms
  4. Curios or Relics List

Firearms Curios or Relics List

A regulation implementing Federal firearms laws, 27 CFR Section 478.11, defines C&R firearms as those which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons.

To be recognized as C&R items, 478.11 specifies that firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

• Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas of such firearms;
  • Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and
  • Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

Nothing happened here yet Kpd...let's stay optimistic. Magpul mags are dated so hopefully they're good.

That is the date of manufacture, not the date that it was modified to 15 rounds. Lets say we get stuck with something similar. What would be the case for modded mags? Same thing for the pinky extensions, Glock makes a Glock branded +2 base plate.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

The state of New York just wiped their arses with the bill of rights.

All for what?! A governor with aspirations of becoming president. They saved no lives last night folks.

They did, however, trample all over the rights that are protected by the United States Constitution!!

They crammed this through in the middle of the night, waived a 3 day waiting period and made it effective immediately.

They even acknowledged that No one got time to read the thing and that it was full of errors that would need to be corrected at a later date.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

The state of New York just wiped their arses with the bill of rights.

All for what?! A governor with aspirations of becoming president. They saved no lives last night folks.

They did, however, trample all over the rights that are protected by the United States Constitution!!

They crammed this through in the middle of the night, waived a 3 day waiting period and made it effective immediately.

They even acknowledged that No one got time to read the thing and that it was full of errors that would need to be corrected at a later date.

The funny part is this bone head thinks he just became presidential material, he is too deluded with his own brand of politics to realize he just became toxic in all but like 5 states. He can write off PA, VA, SC, LA, GA, VT, FL, OH, MI, WI, NV, AZ, CO, MT, etc.

Sad indeed...That Most Bloviating Liberal, Cummo is bragging about his big win already...He may be your next presedent. He is getting ready....

7 rounds, carp...This is going to mess up the 9mm argument - and sure makes my decision of all 45 cal guns look good ;-)...Seriously, my buddy in NY City has a 5 round limit and had to take his mags to a gunsmith and pay him to lock them so that they would comply with 5 rounds...Then he had to take a sworn statement from the gun smith to the NYC police to prove it...You can't make this stuff up! Respression at it's best...

Keep fighting this ill be a "War" for our rights every-day for the rest of our lives.

The funny part is this bone head thinks he just became presidential material, he is too deluded with his own brand of politics to realize he just became toxic in all but like 5 states. He can write off PA, VA, SC, LA, GA, VT, FL, OH, MI, WI, NV, AZ, CO, MT, etc.

Agreed. This will guarantee he will never be president of the USA. Why do you think Christie is nuetral on the subject. He sees the writing on the wall, as does Senator to be Booker.

Agreed. This will guarantee he will never be president of the USA. Why do you think Christie is nuetral on the subject. He sees the writing on the wall, as does Senator to be Booker.

Christie and Booker must both have their eyes on the White House, and are smart enough to understand that this will cost them in the purple states.

There is a critical mass of single issue voters (just like the Sandra Flukes that cost Romney) except their single issue is guns.

Cuomo -- just sounded unhinged. Unless Obama gives him a job, that's it for Washington.

It's one of those laws that people choose to ignore and take the chance. I'm not one for texting/talking on the phone in the car, but I'm guilty of driving over the speed limit. I do it all the time. I think it's a stupid law, so I'm willing to take the risk.

lol at post and username correlation

Ha. I can see where that would be pretty funny. Unfortuneately, I grew out of my alias quite a few years ago. Used to be a pretty big Nascar fan, but that changed sometime ago. Nowadays, if I catch 2 or 3 races a season, I'm lucky. Since I use the same alias on every message board I belong to, it's not worth the hassle of changing it and I find myself using it even on new boards that I join.

I use to thing like the folks that say a Pres-Cuomo can never happen...That is before we got a SECOND Term of Pres Obama..I lost alot of faith in the judgement of the Ameracan People in-mass...So don't discount the Liberal Propoganda machine when it is Cuomo's turn...I wish we could.

I agree with this. People also forget very quickly, so by the time he runs no one will even remember him doing this unless his opponent or special interest groups run ads reminding everyone that he is stripping new yorkers of their rights.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ha. I can see where that would be pretty funny. Unfortuneately, I grew out of my alias quite a few years ago. Used to be a pretty big Nascar fan, but that changed sometime ago. Nowadays, if I catch 2 or 3 races a season, I'm lucky. Since I use the same alias on every message board I belong to, it's not worth the hassle of changing it and I find myself using it even on new boards that I join.

Out grow?? Dude all NASCAR could be big in our fight, just tell the southern boys that they are coming for their guns and NASCAR will be canceled and this will be over in about 15 minutes. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obama won PA, VT, OH, MI, WI, NV and CO, and VT usually votes Dem by the highest margins of any state. What makes you think they are going to shun Cuomo? These states may have good gun laws, but that is not the deciding factor for the majority of voters

Obama won PA, VT, OH, MI, WI, NV and CO, and VT usually votes Dem by the highest margins of any state. What makes you think they are going to shun Cuomo? These states may have good gun laws, but that is not the deciding factor for the majority of voters

Obama played the middle on guns, many here even made statements that Romney signed an AWB and that Obama did nothing on guns in his first term. Why is that, he needed to be reelected for his second term so he could "have more flexibility". Out the gate he went for broke on guns even before his second inauguration. If he pulled this BS over the summer Romney would now be president. They have to hide who they are from the public in order to be perceived as electable. Ask the gun owners in PA, VA and FL that voted for Obama because he didn't try to take their guns away in his first term if they would vote for him again today. Hell ask some of those on this forum that voted for him if they have any buyer’s remorse.

Also

Basically Obama never said something this stupid:

http://youtu.be/Rz2FZMsiCp4

BTW ironically the first time I heard this speech I immediately thought of this Hitler rant video so obviously I wasn't the only one that put them together. He's toast.

This video will be around for a very long time and it will dash any hope for higher office beyond libtarded NY for the Governor.

May I suggest that everyone just read the new law fully so that you know what you are opposing. You can have 10 round magazines but can only load 7 bullets in them. They recognized that no one made 7 round mags for anything but pocket guns. It is a misdemenor to be caught with more than 7 rounds in a 10 round magazine. However any magazine over 10 rounds have to be sold before the end of the year. If anyone has some HK P2000 9mm 13 round magazines they want to sell real cheap, let me know. :)

Know thy enemy before you attack. They are not trying to ban guns by limiting round count to 10 as pretty much all the popular guns have 10 round mags which are required in other States. Whey they picked 7 rounds is a mystery but probably a long range plan to gradually reduce the number of rounds every time there is a mass shooting using the same excuse that fewer rounds would save lives. We will end up with the Barny Fife law, one round carried in a pocket and only loaded when you intend to shoot. :)

I move around a lot, especially to States with restrictive gun laws due to my business so I tend to buy handguns that take 10 or less rounds but can use the larger capacity mags of their bigger brothers like my HK P2000SK which is sitting right next to me with a loaded 13 round mag and X-Grip. Moving to CA is the worse as the gun has to be on their approved list too.

May I suggest that everyone just read the new law fully so that you know what you are opposing. You can have 10 round magazines but can only load 7 bullets in them. They recognized that no one made 7 round mags for anything but pocket guns. It is a misdemenor to be caught with more than 7 rounds in a 10 round magazine. However any magazine over 10 rounds have to be sold before the end of the year. If anyone has some HK P2000 9mm 13 round magazines they want to sell real cheap, let me know. :)

They grandfathered current 10 round mags. Go buy any non-pocket pistol tomorrow and good luck getting mags for it.