iRescue

GOV CHRISTIE CALLS 2PM NEWS CONF TODAY

This guy just did a 180. He has always said, even in recent weeks, NJ laws are tough enough already. And, with respect to federal gun laws, any decisions should be made on the state level. He just did a 180 on BOTH.

I watched a guy that is going to ban guns. And he said he will listen to the recommendations, and we know what they will be.

He scared me.

Watching this, I am not just scared for NJ. I am scared for PA and for America. This is a big, bad development and it makes me think something larger is going on. I don't think pressure from inside NJ brought this about.

I disagree, I think Christie did a great job. I wouldn't expect any firearm restrictions coming... I'm not sure if you were watching the same thing I was though.

I only take away from his press conference that there will be time to work on our representation and government officials. There certainly is no slam dunk, and there is very real possibility that having a task force make recommendations that we will not like as gun owners gives him an excellent vehicle to come out of this as not being the bad guy preserving a political career. On the other hand, I think he'll be just fine going with whatever outcome with regards to gun laws is and what he will feel he needs to enforce under Federal edict. In my mind, he has made a point to let cooler heads prevail with time in the sense of letting the high-strung emotion come down a bit and let decision-making be influenced by more that just that passion. That's good no matter how you slice it because then we're not NYS and being ramrodded. Still doesn't mean there's no battle. After all, we not only need to be heard at the State level, we need the reps to carry the message into Congress.

So you can whine and rub your hands in worry, or you can cheer because he has R next to his name ... or .. you could work on keeping up the pressure non stop.

Guess what, your choices affect the outcome. Choose wisely.

Going to have too keep knocking on their front Door...

knock, Knock,

Who's their?

Pro.

Pro who?

Pro Gun!!

Would it be feasible for a forum member to compose a letter and post as a sticky or what ever you call it for a citizen to sign and either mail or email to our local and state representatives?

I realize there are many letters flying around but perhaps one that deals directly with this news conference and the task force?

Gents,

Read between the lines...the days of NJ 15 rounds are GONE............. They will NOT keep them....no way no how.......

You will see NJ at 10 rounds starting in T+60 days.......

I do also think you will see it diminished to ONE evil feature......and that all existing compliant firearms be grandfathered but, future will need to comply with one feature.

Just my.02...

I said it.....the FEDS will let the SHITTY, Crime Ridden Blue states do the dirty work....

Guess what kind we live in.

Would it be feasible for a forum member to compose a letter and post as a sticky or what ever you call it for a citizen to sign and either mail or email to our local and state representatives?

I realize there are many letters flying around but perhaps one that deals directly with this news conference and the task force?

Lots of different individual letters are worth a lot more.

Regardless of anyone's opinion on the interview many of us just watched, what we do have right now is time unlike NYS who did crap behind the scenes so to speak.

We now have to launch the largest rights campaign on all fronts, luso's idea that he has posted that has impact, the NJ2AS rally next month that many of us are attending, letter writing, answering the polls we have been, the writing our reps here in NJ and around the country, the calls that many of us have been making etc;

The time is now folks, never give up, never quit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of different individual letters are worth a lot more.

Sorry I meant it to be an individual letter, something along the lines of a form letter that one can sign and send in on one's own. No good?

I didn't say "give up." I said this is bad.

Today is worse than yesterday because of this conference with Christie, it's certainly not better.

I disagree. If any of the laws currently proposed in Trenton come to his desk, he can say he will wait on the recommendations. It also makes the Senate and Assembly look like idiots if they rush to pass a law. This gives us time for the antis to wonder off watching Dancing with the Hasbeens, while we keep up the pressure.

This gives time to the Feb 8th march to be effective as opposed to a after the fact waste of time.,

So basically we have a task force of folks who, unless they are enthusiasts on their own that we don't know about, have no real knowledge of firearms. They have 60 days to come up with recommendations. And some forum members think this is good? Firearms owners really need to represent in the next two months. Let Christie know that gun legislation will result in a loss of vote come election time.

Nickjc,

You said it right, "He'll let the states do the work".

We do have some hope, Christie has chosen to sit on it for 60 days. Yes, see which way the federal winds are blowing. Politics at its best! Christie wants to go to Washington, no doubt about it. He needs support from the rest of the country, the reason for all the Romney stomping last year. If they are anti, he'll be anti. If not, he'll middle of the road it to get re-elected.

All in all, some changes are coming. Time will tell.

The sqeaky wheel gets the grease. Time to make some noise!

I disagree. If any of the laws currently proposed in Trenton come to his desk, he can say he will wait on the recommendations.  It also makes the Senate and Assembly look like idiots if they rush to pass a law. This gives us time for the antis to wonder off watching Dancing with the Hasbeens, while we keep up the pressure.

This gives time to the Feb 8th march to be effective as opposed to a after the fact waste of time.,

Yesterday he said no new gun laws, NJ is tough enough.  Today he said AWB is not up to him, that's up to the legislature.

Worse today than yesterday.

We have 60 days until there will certainly be new firearms restrictions, more may come before then.  He didn't promise a veto on anything between now and then.  And, since he completely reversed himself since Biden's recommendations (He said Biden is very experienced and knowledgeable in these matters*), I wouldn't trust him if he did say that today anyway.

*Biden was part of the first AWB and a complete anti in every measure, so yeah, that endorsement from Christie is even more frightening than his endorsements of Obama's efforts.  Nobody "open minded" about "the issue" (banning guns) invokes Biden.  That's equal to invoking Feinstein.

Mark it  TEN ROUNDS.....  believe me.....TEN will be the magic number....

Beyond that...well it's a toss up....I do believe that it will be one feature.........BUT what you have will be grandfathered....

Be positive...work for the right reasons...  stay engaged...   BUT, (always a but) have a contingency plan....

NJ has never grandfathered anything.

Fight to win. Contingencies are not relevant.

I am not just scared for NJ. I am scared for PA and for America. This is a big, bad development and it makes me think something larger is going on. I don't think pressure from inside NJ brought this about.

Of course something is going on, ain't rocket science to realize something is going on behind the scenes, BIG FUKKING TIME......

Guys I really DON'T get it....  

I really sometime wonder why you even bother......you will spend HUNDREDS of hours DEBATING something that might not come to pass...

How many hear lived through the 94 ban???

Nick, I lived through both the NJ ban and the 94 ban.

So, when you say, "BUT what you have will be grandfathered...." and I inform you NJ has never grandfathered anything, please don't tell me what I don't get.

Don't be angry at me because I tell you what NJ has done to me.

I honestly think that Christie's approach to gun control is to fly under the radar and do nothing because (1) he wants a run at President, and (2) he's a Republican in a primarily Democratic state. However, just because that's what he thinks, doesn't mean that's what will happen because...

Of course something is going on, ain't rocket science to realize something is going on behind the scenes, BIG FUKKING TIME......

....whoever has the money has the power. So yes, something is going on, and right now it would seem that the exceptionally rich in certain states are not interested in the peons having firearms (see: NY.)

I am NOT angry....and am sad..... very sad....  that good honest people are made to be feeling what you are now.......

I am not trying to say you dont get the potential ramifications etc...

All I am saying is the way ...the constant...stress is going to kill you........  work for positive change....  you may lose....  *may*....  but to act as if you already have and there is NO recourse is mental suicide

I will not lose.  Have no fear.

For the third time.  I didn't say give up.  I said this is in no way good news, it is a shot across the bow. Christie is coming for our asses, and I think something bigger is behind this.

Look, this is something that we can work with. My viewpoint on this? Governor Christie is being very astute with his political capital. He KNOWS that by and large, the NY AWB2.0 is HUGELY unpopular with many people. Cuomo REALLLY REALLY hurt his political chances badly with his rushed AWB2.0. As a matter of fact, he rushed it through so fast, the mag ban doesn't have a provision exempting police officers. That means when the law goes into effect in March cops in all of NY State will not be able to carry full cap mags. That's how dumb Cuomo is.

Christie is a bit more intelligent on this. He's not a dumb guy. A loudmouth and bully, maybe, but not stupid.He's taking a measured approach and looking rational because he's waiting for the dust to settle and figure out what side he's on. He's not willing to piss off a major portion of his voters by taking a hardline stance either way. Why 60 days? By then it will be clear what the overall public wants and he will side with them. If we can make the Fed AWB 2.0 toxic? He'll take our side. If we do NOTHING and let the anti-gunners roll over us? He'll take THEIR side. Trust me.