Maksim

Handgun prices.... WTF?

So I can't fall asleep cause of this stupid flu so started browsing gunbroker...

After chatting with a member here on the phone, I was shocked to learn that Walther PPQ's were selling in the $900 range.... after all, it was a $550 gun a few months ago..... WTF?

Older P99? Same thing... mid 700's on gunbroker.

Hk P7 PSP..... can't find one for less than $1k on gunbroker with 1 mag..... WOW.

We all know that rifle prices are nuts... but did not expect handgun prices to go this high, maybe it is the rarity of these guns? They are good guns but not amazing and irreplaceable....

so what else did you find?

Glock's still seem in the mid $500's.

There are plans on some of the politicians clip boards to go after semi auto guns in general including handguns so that might be causing some added inflation to them. Some I have seen for 650-700 I dont understand the main cause for the price increase, I love mine it is one of my favorites in my collection.

I think its coming down to supply. Seems allot of the usual items one would want are out of stock at the distributors due to the increase in the demand from the panic buyers.

Dont be shocked if you see 22ls pistols becoming harder to find and more expensive.

I frequent one store here in NJ that is local to me. I have purchased every hand gun I own from this one store. Last week I went into said store to purchase a new weapon. I fully expected to pay the Obama price panic. To my surprise and pleasure I paid what I would have paid on any given day prior to the panic.Moreover, I purchased ammo at pre-panic prices too.

My point; establish a relationship with a local shop. Yes, I do look at Gunbroker and other sites to get a feel for market prices, but I buy from someone I know and trust.

BTW, I have a PPQ on order. They are hard to find right now. They are making some changes at the factory that has reduced inventory, but the panic doesn't help.

Two weeks ago I got a pretty decent deal on a S&W Model 29 Classic (.44MAG, 6.5" bbl, blued steel) from The Bullet Hole of all places. Looking around on the walls and racks, they didn't have a single AR pattern rifle. Not too surprising.

The NICS check took 2 days. That is an improvement over the transfer I did for a stripped NJZED AR lower through Mastadon a few weeks ago. The buying frenzy seems to be calming down a bit.

I'd bet that the parts needed to assemble an AR will be tough to come by for a while though. The manufacturers must be focusing on cranking out and serializing as many lowers as fast as they possibly can. Same for the folks who make hi-cap mags - they are likely cranking out mag bodies and nothing else.

I frequent one store here in NJ that is local to me. I have purchased every hand gun I own from this one store. Last week I went into said store to purchase a new weapon. I fully expected to pay the Obama price panic. To my surprise and pleasure I paid what I would have paid on any given day prior to the panic.Moreover, I purchased ammo at pre-panic prices too.

My point; establish a relationship with a local shop. Yes, I do look at Gunbroker and other sites to get a feel for market prices, but I buy from someone I know and trust.

BTW, I have a PPQ on order. They are hard to find right now. They are making some changes at the factory that has reduced inventory, but the panic doesn't help.

Which store?

Two weeks ago I got a pretty decent deal on a S&W Model 29 Classic (.44MAG, 6.5" bbl, blued steel) from The Bullet Hole of all places. Looking around on the walls and racks, they didn't have a single AR pattern rifle. Not too surprising.

The NICS check took 2 days. That is an improvement over the transfer I did for a stripped NJZED AR lower through Mastadon a few weeks ago. The buying frenzy seems to be calming down a bit.

I'd bet that the parts needed to assemble an AR will be tough to come by for a while though. The manufacturers must be focusing on cranking out and serializing as many lowers as fast as they possibly can. Same for the folks who make hi-cap mags - they are likely cranking out mag bodies and nothing else.

Now sure if it's calmed down or just a case of largely depleted stock. There's nothing left on most shelves and what there are is so overpriced. I do worry about ammo,I was not a gun owner when last the run on guns and ammo occurred but it's now gone before it hits the shelves. 1k of target ammo I would pick up for say $240 shipped is now over $300 + shipping if you can find it.

If you have to sell your guns, you have to sell at the price you bought them for. </sarcasm>

I have been accused of straw purchase (go figure) and being unethical, refusing existing transfer

for making all of $36 by a FFL for the ONLY pistol I ever sold. Some people on this forum even thought

I somehow took advantage of this FFL.

Mind you, the guy who bought from me got the best deal, same price as the FFL had it been in stock at FFL, best price anywhere online and FFL got his fees. Still somehow I ended up made out to be the 'bad guy'.

- Just venting, cannot get this stuff off my mind. First sh*tty experience of selling a gun locally, for reasonable price.

If you have to sell your guns, you have to sell at the price you bought them for. </sarcasm>

I have been accused of straw purchase (go figure) and being unethical, refusing existing transfer

for making all of $36 by a FFL for the ONLY pistol I ever sold. Some people on this forum even thought

I somehow took advantage of this FFL.

Mind you, the guy who bought from me got the best deal, same price as the FFL had it been in stock at FFL, best price anywhere online and FFL got his fees. Still somehow I ended up made out to be the 'bad guy'.

- Just venting, cannot get this stuff off my mind. First sh*tty experience of selling a gun locally, for reasonable price.

You are still complaining about that? Good riddance...

Thing is... it is not all guns.... it is just some guns from what I see.

But $900 for a $550 gun is nuts. Who in their right mind would pay that much for a middle of the road plastic fantastic? Granted it may be limited supplies, but that is high end Sig and HK territory.

Quite a few good guns are still normal priced... FNH FNS, Caracal, Century Arms import of the Grand Power K100 $450 on GB.

yeah a fool and their money.... I think I will unload some of mine right now.

Used DPMS AR at EBS was listed for $2K on the shelf......nothing fancy added! And YES...it had a sold tag on it!

I bought two Kel-tec Sub 200s a few months back. People laughed when I paid $400 for each, figuring I would keep them as a novelty. I sold both for $800 each. Ues...I doubled my money without an effort by some folks on here who begged me to sell it to them and offered that much. appears they are around that on GB too.

You are still complaining about that? Good riddance...

Not to drag this off topic, but you are one of the good guys who answered to the point on my other thread, so I will try not to pick on you. But yes, this is the first time I had luxury of meeting a FFL who not only gives lecture on morals, profit making but throws in laws, ATF and NJSP for good measure, all for stuff he should have gotten over long ago. And a $400 rifle thats stuck in the process. So yes, I am trying hard, but still in the process of getting over it.

Do let me know if there is some unwritten forum rule about not complaining regarding FFLs or coming clean on profit made.

Back on the topic - I made comment few weeks ago. Even with OGAM laws, pistols started to disappear from local shops magically or available but more expensive than usual.

maybe i should.sell off all my stuff and pay off my house

In this state it doesn't matter, I bought mine cash and I'm still looking at 2G's a month between property taxes and utilities so just keep buying guns. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Obama is realizing more people actually get killed by handguns then assault rifles so people are worried even more now...

They Knew it ALL ALONG..there is a clip of Biden ADMITTING that...MSR's are the low-hanging fruit..they figure if they can get THAT ban..it'll set the stage to go after more...Since the MSR ban is all but dead in the water, expect to see a STRONG push for a mag capacity limit.