matty

STATEHOUSE FEB 13TH - merged threads

When I heard the gentleman earlier speaking about reloaded ammo, and the Chairman said he didn't hear the question, that was when I knew they'd already made up their minds and are just patronizing the testimony at this point. As if I had any hope that they were actually going to listen.

Don't be defeatist maks there is always hope.

I had hope. I had some after the rally, and I had some this morning. It's just about gone after this. All the well-written arguments and testimony in the world won't end their crusade of misinformation and their chokehold on this state. Christie is our last line of defense here. If this is the best we can hope for in this state, I'm getting the hell out the first chance I get.

I have 2 BILs who are retired in NC.

I think NC will be an easier sale to my wife than Texas.

(I don't see how Christie can sign most of this unless he wants his time as NJ Governor to be the peak of his career.)

my question is what happens next? if they pass today, and pass in the full vote. we hope christie veto's them. If he does, we need to make sure we use our votes in november. if he does not veto then what do we do? sue the state?

After the Assembly, I believe they must be approved by the State Senate? I've only been in this POS state for 2 1/2 yrs so I'm not too familiar with the process here.

I was there, we spent 5 hours standing out in the cold because the building reached capacity and they wouldnt let anybody else in unless somebody came out and you took their place.

We had a little mini rally of our own while outside, a speaker and microphone were brought out for those who wished to share stories, opinions, and their prepared speeches.

From what I understood was going in side was a complete circus, they actually had the audicity to say - this is taking to long, we are going to sign off on everything and pass it, then you guys can talk..... COMPLETE WTF

Kangaroo Court !

This was the OVERFLOW of people left outside in the cold after we filled up the main hearing room and 2 or 3 additional over flow rooms in the building..

8471952034_415e3f43d8_h.jpg

They could rush this through in the dark of the night, like New York did.

But the governor then has 45 days to sign them, veto them or if he does nothing, they become law. I don't expect Christie to do anything with them until he gets the report from his NJ SAFE task force.