Black Ops

NJ NICS

My NICS went in Saturday morning and I still have not heard anything...

Aaaaaaaannddd they must be monitoring this website (and my impatience). Just got word from Bullseye Tactical that my NICS just came back. Good to go. Picking up my Vaquero in the morning.

Just put in this afternoon. The wait is on. The state is dragging it's ass, especially now that they won't accept the NICS as a call, just fax. The # per day is back to pre-December levels so the wait shouldn't be like this anymore. :angry:

Last week bought a shotgun in NJ and the check via fax took six days, two days ago bought a long gun in Pa and the Pics and Nics took all of five minutes. NJ does this because then can do this....... and get away with it. Mandatory waiting period without really enacting a mandatory waiting period......

UPDATE:

I faxed in 3 on Monday the 25th of February and got the approvals the morning of Monday the 4th of March. Going by the approval numbers, they were done in the morning on Saturday the 2nd of March.

ETA: Monday the 4th of March at 12:30PM, I got 8 approvals for last Tuesday the 26th of February's checks. They paid OT for some employees to come in on Sunday the 3rd of March to do some of the checks.

ETA: Monday the 4th of March at 1:49PM, I got 6 more approvals for last Wednesday the 27th of February's checks. They were done this morning the 4th of March.

the nj bs is just ridiculous....i was in delaware today walked into a store looking for something else...walked past the gunrack..saw a 10/22 takedown...filled out the paperwork..he called and i paid and was out the door in under 30 mins from parking to pulling out....

Mine was faxed Tuesday 2/26. Wasn't back as of 5:00 on Monday, 3/4...

Got the call today, so it took 6 days.

I bought in October 2012 - took 10 minutes. In November, took 2 days. December was 3 days. January was 4 days, February/March was 6 days. I see a trend here...