Black Ops

NJ NICS

A friend of mine just had to wait 11 days to pick up his 1911.

I'm limiting myself to private sales and out of state sales until this BS dies down. There is no way i'm paying for a gun then waiting 2 weeks to get it becuase of the state. They can kiss my butt.

I feel bad for the in state merchants this hurts, but thats just how it is.

i put mine in march 18 still no word. i hate to do it and dont know if i can but i think im gonna cancel the sale i just found the same gun in classifieds used for a lot less.

Chances are the NICS check was lost. If you don't plan on going thru with the sale, you probably will forfeit your NICS fee and any other transfer fee if you paid up front. If you haven't paid the NICS check and do not intend to pay it, you probably don't want to show up at the FFL anymore. I would advise at least informing the FFL that you no longer want the item so they can free it up for another buyer and making the FFL whole with the FFL fees if it was not paid already. Just keep in mind, the minute the fax went thru, the FFL paid your NICS check whether it was lost or not.

Went to my local shop got a crapy price and a bad attitude because I asked a lot of questions, left there drove 2 hours into PA got exactly what I wanted at the price it was supposed to cost, picked up 150 rounds of 12gauge 00, 200 rounds of 40 S&W, 100 rounds of 5.56 got a PICS done in 15mins. WTF is wrong with this picture?

But that's the main issue isn't it? We should not have to wait. There is nothing "instant" about NICS right now and it doesn't seem as though anything is being done about it. If everyone starts to accept this as the norm, then it will end up just like the FID process where 30 days is nothing more to most townships than a number.

Even before all this started, MPC and friends introduced a bill to require federal NICS to be the only background check required to get an FID or P2P. Here's a quaint quote from the bill.

"The NICS database is accessible by telephone or electronically via the Internet. In most instances, the information concerning a prospective purchaser’s eligibility to obtain a firearm is provided within 30 seconds."

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/A3000/2695_I1.HTM

I was just down at SS and they said they have people out 24 days and other that come back in 12. He said that 12 days has been the fastest turnaround time. This is such bullshi* The State Police doesn't have to respond to anyone the are the law. I cannot believe that this is still just a backup from the amount of checks they are getting.

Just dropped my P2P off for my Sig. Last month for my M&P was nine days and I thought that was bad.

I use a hardware store True Value in Lincoln park he's cost effective and does not do allot of transfers so there really is no waiting.