Parker

Rifle round shot into Franklin Lakes home

Sheer stupidity on someone's part. (and in Franklin Lakes???)

http://www.nj.com/be...police_say.html

FRANKLIN LAKES — Police are investigating a report that a single rifle round was shot through a Valley View Drive North home over the weekend.

"The round appears to have been fired from a wooded area located to the rear of the property," Franklin Lakes police spokesman John Bakelaar said in a statement. He said the incident occurred sometime between 10 and 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, and that the bullet entered the rear of the building, went through the home and exited through the front.

No injuries were reported, and the Bergen County Sheriff’s Department BCI unit investigated the scene.

Sheer stupidity on someone's part. (and in Franklin Lakes???)

He said the incident occurred sometime between 10 and 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, and that the bullet entered the rear of the building,

At 10-10:30pm, stupidity is an understatement..... There should not have been someone in the woods with a loaded gun in the dark.... Unless they were hunting zombies....

At 10-10:30pm, stupidity is an understatement..... There should not have been someone in the woods with a loaded gun in the dark.... Unless they were hunting zombies....

Did they recover the round? That's crazy, but if the shooter was hunting zombies then it's excusable.

Watch it be a Hornady Zombie Max round. What would the look be on your face Ray?

look on my face? i'd be loading mags

Aren't they supposed to use a crossbow or something similar at that time of night?

correct, noise brings more zombies around

"bullet entered the rear of the building, went through the home and exited through the front."

this seems unlikely ..... what must they have been shooting? or how small was the house? so the bullet went through the siding, the plywood, the insulation, the sheet rock on both sides of the house.....

A few mm of vinyl/aluminum, 3/8 or 1/2" ply, fiberglass insulation, 3/8 or 1/2" drywall, maybe a stud, interior walls possibly, and then the same thing on the way out. 100% possible...

Not the most scientific, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=547BKysByqM. Hell, I bet my mosin would send a round clean through my house, even if it hit the brick facade.

Hmmm where were you around 10-10:30?

Haha. I have an alibi.... I swear! This was pretty close for comfort though. Pisses me off and don't surprise me, probably some dumb ass kid just got his first AR. They probably already figured out who it was, it had to be a neighbor. Negligent is a pretty good way to describe people around here.

Heh, yea, maybe in driveways. Lol...

Believe it or not there are trailers here! Wasnt one tho lol

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Whoops! Somebody believes Biden had Good idea... Doh!

The police later learned it was from a shotgun someone had fired outside their house to scare away intruders.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...