AnthonyC83

Have you ever been questioned about your pinned higher cap mags

Just out of curiosity.. I know many of us including myself have 20 and 30 round AR magazine bodies that have been modified down to 10 or 15. Have you ever been questioned while at a range by an officer or possibly njsp themselves? Because obviously to the eye they appear to be "high capacity" and one wouldn't know just by looking from a distance that they've been modified.

Main reason for asking is, I've never been to range 14 and I'm planning a trip. I have heard from some people that they are extremely nosey as to the legality of your stuff and have even called the police on some occasions. All my stuff is 100% legal but I wouldn't want to expose my fiancé and friends to a possible situation so if that's the case I'd just leave the mags home and bring a couple 10 rounders.

Im pretty sure that the answers here will all be NO. I dont understand why everyone always worries about these things. I know they are the law, but they are stupid laws that no one ever checks on unless you are in trouble for something else first. If an ro catches you who gives a rats ass.

I was questoned a few years ago by a RO and I stated to him in a nice way I dont have to answer that question. He then walked away.

RO-"excuse me sir, how many rounds does that magazine hold?"

Me- "none of your God damn business"

RO- "carry on"

RO-"excuse me sir, how many rounds does that magazine hold?"

Me- "none of your God damn business"

RO- "carry on"

Exactly.....didn't think law enforcement was part of a "range SAFETY officers" duties....it be like mall security rolling up on you in the rental cop focus ..light flashing questioning the legality of your cars tinted windows... Lol

The problem at range 14 is they are known to call the state police on you...

Sounds like they must have too many members or make too much money...Wth would you try and cause trouble for paying customers/members in the community over something as stupid as mag capacity.... I mean if someone showed up with a full auto suppressed sbr sure....but with 5-10-15/30 mags being produced for a long time now what cave have these people been in?

What's wrong with them asking as long as its polite and not interrupting? Asking how many it holds is way different from making you show them.

Maybe they want make sure they, and their customers don't get jammed up. I imagine the headlines "gun nut with high cap mag discovered at local range" would cause everyone some drama.

What's wrong with them asking as long as its polite and not interrupting? Asking how many it holds is way different from making you show them.

Maybe they want make sure they, and their customers don't get jammed up. I imagine the headlines "gun nut with high cap mag discovered at local range" would cause everyone some drama.

They really shouldnt care if someone has 30 round mags or not. Personally I don't care if you have a damn drum mag next me.

They really shouldnt care if someone has 30 round mags or not. Personally I don't care if you have a damn drum mag next me.

Amen!

Tell them 30 and let them call NJSP. if the cops have time to waste to roll out and investigate, so be it. (While Newark and Camden crumble.)

A large capacity ammunition magazine that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition will cease to be defined as a "large capacity ammunition magazine." An ammunition magazine, which has been temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 15 rounds, as by a piece of wood or a pin, is still considered to be a "large capacity ammunition magazine."

I've been questioned a few times at R14 regarding my 15/30 PMags and the pinned stock on my AR. I just tell them that they're pinned, and ask if they would like to inspect them to make sure. So far none of the RO's have bothered to actually check.