71ragtopgoat

Remington to invest 20 million in NY- Traitors

I'm going to hypothesize that Remington believes the SAFE Act will be overturned by the courts. If they don't, and Remington stays, I agree; I will be buying either a Winchester or a Mossberg.

Well I sent Remington and Freedom Group an email informing them that as a owner of multiple of their firearms and as a purchaser of their ammo for years, they have lost me as a customer. I respect their right to make business decision, and exercise my own on who to do business with.

Well I sent Remington and Freedom Group an email informing them that as a owner of multiple of their firearms and as a purchaser of their ammo for years, they have lost me as a customer. I respect their right to make business decision, and exercise my own on who to do business with.

Time to nail their facebook page and start a shitstorm like the one that hit Cheaper than Dirt.

They couldn't give a shit, government contracts come in, civilians get shafted.

Understood,but it's better to get it out there any way possible that to sit on our collective hands and sulk about Government contracts......wouldn't you agree?

Contract or not.businesses are acutely aware of social media and it's ability to sway public opinion.....This may or may not effect Remington but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm going to try and get some numbers, but I'd have to imagine civilian sales are a huge portion of remmys overall every year. (Vs govt contracts)

Maybe they believe the SAFE act will be overturned?

Maybe they got a sweet incentive from the state to stay put?

If shooters stood together, we could make a HUGE impact!

But......we won't

Problem is, people have short memories, or just don't give a $hit.

Dicks turned its back on the "shooting sports community" and look how many of us still shop there.

Tons of folks signed up on the "boycott CTD" facebook page, how many do you think wouldn't buy .223/5.56 if it came available cheap?

$80 million is probably over 4-5 years, their private sector sales are likely far greater than $20M a year. This sounds like it was probably in the works awhile and Remington extracted some sort of tax break out of the state.

How many firearms with more than 7 round magazines does Remington even sell? (Their 1911 comes with either 7 or 8 -- but it's so far removed form a "correct" WW1 Remington 1911 that it's not on my wish list.)

Cuomo probably thought out he could pass the bill, make a name for himself nationally and do it this without losing too many NY jobs. The silver lining to this is that it's scuttled Cuomo's presidential ambitions, if he knows it or not.

(Unlike O'Malley in Maryland, who appears to be even dumber than Cuomo -- it's a piece of cake for Ugo Gussalli Beretta to move the build for the ARX-100 across the river when he already has ongoing operations on the other side. And doesn't have any shareholders to worry about.)

How many firearms with more than 7 round magazines does Remington even sell? (Their 1911 comes with either 7 or 8 -- but it's so far removed form a "correct" WW1 Remington 1911 that it's not on my wish list.)

LOTS. Remember that Remington doesn't really exist anymore as anything but a brand, it is Freedom group. How many ARs has Freedom Group sold owning Remington (which sells ARs), Bushmaster, DPMS, and Para USA.

Their handlers from Freedom Group are behind everyting , every press release , every strategy............

There s 2 ways that can show Remington and they lose more than 80 million

1. Sell your Remington guns.

Flood the market with used stuff so no one has an incentive to get a new gun when they can get a used one cheap.

This was done to colt and ruger in the early 90s.

2. Don't even buy a squeegee (2.99$) let alone a gun of any kind.

i think all this is being construed as something it's not- namely a huge conspiracy to supply govt with firearms and deny citizens their rights. first of all, the article says the $$ was approved to overhaul the plant (open since 1816 or thereabouts) BEFORE the SAFE act was passed. i think it's prob about the 1300 jobs, and the senator or congressman who gets the pentagon to go with Remington for the contract, so he can tout his record to the voters of that district. "i saved 1300 jobs in this district" goes a long way politically. it's not like Remington is moving there now to give every gun owner the middle finger. cost analysis was definately done and the $20 million to overhaul the plant was probably WAY less than the cost of moving an entire company to another state. i think you guys are blowing this out of proportion because of you own interests. and selling your remingtons in NJ will in no way affect global sales of a historically reputable brand of firearms.