mipafox

Ever left your Christmas lights up through March?

One of my friends has his dog dressed up like Santa Claus. Apparently this is the doing of one of his young daughters. And it looks like Santa Dog hasn't visited the laundry for a couple months.

This is absolutely unacceptable behavior. No, I am not taking a pic.

They come up right after thanksgiving and come down about halfway through January. They'd probably come down right after New Years if I didn't complain about how much of a pain in the ass it is to put them up/take them down. ...Plus I'm the one that has to do it! <_<

I take them down the 1st week of jan, the wife reminds me... This year with the storm i was the only one on our block with lights up.. i even purchased a tree early to help the wifey cope with the destruction.. That was a big boost to move in a positive way for us..

Leave 'em up all year and change the bulbs to match the season. Like the Empire State Bldg does for occassions...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

We avoid the whole Christmas Light question by not putting any up...or a tree...or wreaths...or garlands...or decorations of any kind.

Since selling our too big house and downsizing I convinced the wife that to simplify means to simplify everything and she bought it....so we travel during Christmas as much as we can and when we can't,I put electric candles in the windows and call it a day.

Ahhh Freedom.

Leave 'em up all year and change the bulbs to match the season. Like the Empire State Bldg does for occassions...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

What an unbelievable idea. They sell LED light strings that you can program to a spectrum of colors. I saw them at max is a back. Wait. Wait, lets write a phone app and control them via wifi. . Christmas, green st pats, pastel colors for Easter, r+w+b for July fourth, orange for Halloween add browns thanksgiving. Then we're back to ho ho ho.

Put 'em up once. And you can do it in nice weather.

Ka-Ching