gunguy1960

stores selling slingshots

Has the law on slingshots changed? I was in bob kislins sporting goods in toms river and saw them for sale, as well as in tips, hard to believe these stores would push the law without knowing for sure something changed. I would love to get one but I want tomake sure its legal.

There must be some kind of exemption for them, because the cub scout camp near me uses  them.

AFAIK the law has not changed, but in their usual spirit of SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT, the powers-that-be here in the PRNJ will only tote the prohibition out when Ralphie puts out his little friend's eye.

2C:39-1.  Definitions.  The following definitions apply to this chapter and to chapter 58:

tab.gifr.tab.gif"Weapon" means anything readily capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily injury.  The term includes, but is not limited to, all (1) firearms, even though not loaded or lacking a clip or other component to render them immediately operable; (2) components which can be readily assembled into a weapon; (3) gravity knives, switchblade knives, daggers, dirks, stilettos, or other dangerous knives, billies, blackjacks, bludgeons, metal knuckles, sandclubs, slingshots, cesti or similar leather bands studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood; and (4) stun guns; and any weapon or other device which projects, releases, or emits tear gas or any other substance intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or permanent injury through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air.

And now for the PRNJ vocabulary test:

Can anyone clearly define "explainable lawful purpose" ?

Bueller?  Bueller??

This is another example of our assholes in Trenton.

I am told that the original bill was prohibiting a "Slungshot"   Somewhere along the line someone that thought it was a misspelling changed it to "slingshot" and our wonderful government never corrected the clerical error.

Slingshots are perfectly legal for self defense in your own house. You can also transport them to and from the range (with no other stops or detours). Just make sure ammo is locked in a separate compartment and don't get caught with those dangerous hollow point marbles!

A branch came down in my yard, and I found myself in possession of a lower receiver.  Now, I don't have the upper, nor do I intend to assemble the complete weapon...but this makes me nervous.  Can I be locked up under the vague 'constructive intent' language of the NJ gun ban?

post-6308-0-43473200-1369086297_thumb.jpg

A branch came down in my yard, and I found myself in possession of a lower receiver.  Now, I don't have the upper, nor do I intend to assemble the complete weapon...but this makes me nervous.  Can I be locked up under the vague 'constructive intent' language of the NJ gun ban?

I'd just hide it until there is another buy-back in your area.

Please...For the children! Take that evil weapon to the next buy-back and the State of NJ will take it off your hands in exchange for cash money, which you can use to purchase a REAL firearm with.

However, you must make sure the sling shot is unloaded and ammo not within reach while driving to the buy-back...if you stop to use a restroom and a NJ Sturmtruppen finds said sling shot you will be taken to a maximum security prison camp and lecturned in the dangers of sling shots.

If you decide to keep this weapon and own rubber surgical tubing you could be charged with constructive possession of a assualt weapon, if you alter the sling shot to selective-fire you have now violated the NFA act....

Just be careful with it, It sucks to be manhandled and forced into a white ford conversion van at night...Don't ask how I know this...

Slingshots are perfectly legal for self defense in your own house. You can also transport them to and from the range (with no other stops or detours). Just make sure ammo is locked in a separate compartment and don't get caught with those dangerous hollow point marbles!

Can marbles actually have a point, much less a hollow one?