blksheep

Whats everyones favorite music???

What is every ones favorite music?  I grew up listening to all types of music with my parents loving the 60's and 70's music.  I really never got into metal that much.  But growing up on the military base I was into the now "old school" hip hop music.  As I got older and the new stuff sucked I changed to mostly Country but still love the old school.  Run DMC, Digital Underground etc. 

Some of my favorite artists now are Jason Aldean and Aaron Lewis.  Crazy how things change as you get older.  Here are some good things from Lewis...

The sound of puff the magic dragon wiping out that company of Vietcong closing in on you. It is still the sweetest music I ever heard. Viet vets will know what I am talking about. As far as boring non life saving music, I listen to anything from classical to pop. Good music is good music.

The AC-47 was a United States Air Force C-47, (the military version of the DC-3) that had been modified by mounting three 7.62mm General Electric miniguns to fire through two rear window openings and the side cargo door, all on the left (pilot's) side of the aircraft. Other armament configurations could also be found on similar C-47 based aircraft around the world. The guns were actuated by a control on the pilot's yoke, where he could control the guns either individually or together, although gunners were also among the crew to assist with gun failures and similar issues. Its primary function was close air support for ground troops. It could orbit the target for hours providing suppressing fire. Coverage given by a Spooky was over an elliptical area approximately 52 yd (47.5 m) in diameter, placing a round every 2.4 yd (2.2 m) during a 3-second burst.

Country music. Current country is getting to much like pop music but anything from the 90's and earlier is perfection.

Least favorite is rap to much hatred and negativity except Vanilla Ice.

And also Cowboy Troy he can really rap country music.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

http://www.last.fm/user/RAPSUCKSZ

amon amarth is streaming their new cd online and i could not possibly be happier. definitely my favorite band. their guitar is so beautiful and so fun and brutal at the same time. everything they do is a masterpiece. 

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/amon_amarth_stream_deceiver_of_the_gods_in_its_entirety_exclusively_on_ug.html?no_takeover

actually that is a lie. i could be happier if i was smart enough to preorder the $100 limited edition box set that comes with a statue of Loki. they are sold out now :(

c1a37427ec.jpg

i have a HUGE range of music in my collection..  from country and 70's folk music to 60's pyschadelic to 80's to grunge to hip hop & rap to Metallica to Ministry to disco to anything else..  as Old Dog said, good music is good music and bad music is bad music..

Good music is good music but if I had to pick one it would be Slayer.  South of Heaven and Reign in Blood can fire you up pretty quick.  Check it out for yourself, hope this link works.

http://youtu.be/gxro6wDem9c

Was never a huge Slayer fan but saw them at Clash of the Titans @ MSG because Megadeth was playing and I was a huge fan. Well Slayer KICKED ASS, it was one of the loudest, hardest, heaviest shows I've ever seen. Unfortunately I saw them since and the show was terrible but at least I have the memories of that one insane show.

I listen to everything, metal, country, opera, classical, bagpipes... faves Metallica, Sublime, Field Marshall Montgomery, TK, Johnny Cash, Willie, etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGRTqgObnMA

Where to start, I have BB King Blues dialed in on the number #1 spot of my SAT Radio but then I have presets for the 50’s, 60’s , 70’s and Classic Rock. I like from Frank Sinatra to Motown

Also... I am a Big Southern Rock Aficionado, here’s a few samples

Molly Hatchet

Allman Brothers

Lynyrd Skynyrd,

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Charlie Daniels

Marshall Tucker Band

Pretty much like it all including smooth jazz but don't like Rap or club music.