this_is_nascar

Any Campers Here?

My parents have a camper and we used to go to a small campsite near 6 flags.  Camp there for the night get to the park stupid early leave stupid late then chill at the site for a few nights.  I havent been there in years tho.  I know they still own the camper but dont know the last time it was used... maybe ill get them on here to sell it lol

Im a camper...Well, just started 2 years ago.  But in that time i went from tenting (3 times, had to get up at 3am all 3 times drunk off my ass to put the rainfly on in a T-Storm!), to a pop up camper (bought used, got ripped off, wood was rotted underneath and the lift system went bad after camping only once in it)  To what i just picked up last week, a Dutchman Fourwinds Breeze 180B.  We have been to Cedar Creek Campground in Bayville which i really like, very clean, even the bathrooms and showers, a great pool, but not a whole lot for the kids to do.  Sea Pirate Campground in West Creek, REALLY NICE, very clean, lots for the kids to do, but a SHIT TON of bugs, especially this time of year (and im going there this weekend! lol), But the best that ive been to in Jellystone Park Campground in Elmer, NJ.  By far the cleanest of the clean, TONS for the kids to do,  including a full water park in the camp!  Plus there's a real rodeo only 20 mins away every Sat nite.  They have their own firetruck that rides around with Yogi and Boo Boo and they start water fights with all the kids.  Its really pretty awesome there.  You can check it out here - jellystonenj.com

img_6592.jpg

Just got back from the Yogi Bears Jellystone in Quarryville PA (approx 125 miles from Monmouth County). Also has a water park, very clean and a ton to do with the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I used to spend a few days a year in the summer up at kittany camp grounds and raft down the Delaware but I am thinking about gettin back into it

I used to stay at the Barryville Kittany camp ground all the time. I use to reserve a river side site about 6 weekends every summer but then they added that you could not get a riverside site unless you rented a canoe or raft from them. That made it too expensive.

It was great doing the trip from the 10 mile river access down to Barryville.

About 30 years, not anymore. Did the whole  thing, tent, pop up, cabin and travel trailer. Sold my rig last year. Goggle Camping in NJ to get ideas and places for starters. Good Sam Club is good if you go beyond tent or cabin.

I'm still an adult leader with my local Boy Scout Troop, so I go camping with them and help cook meals and teach the boys to shoot rifles and shotguns.  I used to tent camp 30 years ago with the Mrs.  Now her idea of camping is a Holiday Inn with a breakfast bar, lol!  So I enjoy going with the Scouts.

I camp/backpack don't have a camper. I try to go on a decent trip at least 2x a year. Just got back from Baxter State Park and hiking Katahdin. That was awesome. Also regularly hit the Adirondacks. Sometimes by boat to camp on an Island, usually Saranac area but also do canoe trips in St Regis which is an awesome spot if you're looking for desolation. You can go a few days without seeing anyone in the early spring just after ice out or in late fall. Just avoid black fly season!

I have a seasonal at Blue Berry Hill Campground, Port Republic

Wow, I used to live in the first floor of the owner's house with 3 other college students. Great location, crabbing in Nacote creek, had a tab at the Port store for when I was low on cash (always). Is Barry still the owner?

Im a camper...Well, just started 2 years ago.  But in that time i went from tenting (3 times, had to get up at 3am all 3 times drunk off my ass to put the rainfly on in a T-Storm!), to a pop up camper (bought used, got ripped off, wood was rotted underneath and the lift system went bad after camping only once in it)  To what i just picked up last week, a Dutchman Fourwinds Breeze 180B.  We have been to Cedar Creek Campground in Bayville which i really like, very clean, even the bathrooms and showers, a great pool, but not a whole lot for the kids to do.  Sea Pirate Campground in West Creek, REALLY NICE, very clean, lots for the kids to do, but a SHIT TON of bugs, especially this time of year (and im going there this weekend! lol), But the best that ive been to in Jellystone Park Campground in Elmer, NJ.  By far the cleanest of the clean, TONS for the kids to do,  including a full water park in the camp!  Plus there's a real rodeo only 20 mins away every Sat nite.  They have their own firetruck that rides around with Yogi and Boo Boo and they start water fights with all the kids.  Its really pretty awesome there.  You can check it out here - jellystonenj.com

img_6592.jpg

I'm looking on getting a trailer as well...  Then again it's on hold due to employment status...  SHUCKS!

Don't camp in NJ anymore. Used to but we got a corso and NJ allow dogs in there state parks and Iam not into the family camp sites (club house,arcade,basketball court ect ect) PA is nice and they allow dogs at most of there state sites . But we go up to Vermont at least 4 times a year if not more. Once you camp their nothing else come close.....

Don't camp in NJ anymore. Used to but we got a corso and NJ allow dogs in there state parks and Iam not into the family camp sites (club house,arcade,basketball court ect ect) PA is nice and they allow dogs at most of there state sites . But we go up to Vermont at least 4 times a year if not more. Once you camp their nothing else come close.....

I bet.  Got 2 corsos here too.  Will try PA.

Don't know if you have kids or not. When in scouting, always took the boys to Hickory Run State Park in the Poconos in October. Good for two things, bears and boulder field. Warm days, cool nights they always had a great time. Nice in the summer too! There is a great rails to trails park not far from there for bike riding, or whitewater rafting.

The other place we would go to would be Ricketts Glen State park, again in the Poconos, where waterfalls are the big attraction. Plenty of good times here also.

Great feedback folks.  Keep it coming.  Up until this season, we've camp at a seasonal site at Wading Pines Camping Resort in Chatsworth.  It is a nice place, but has been going down hill over the list couple of years.  That, coupled with the fact that rates rose, entertainment was taken away and me being out of work for so long, forced us to skip our renewal this year.  The problem now is that I have the camper home and am not comfortable towing it with my truck.  I feel it's really too much trailer for the truck, so we're in the process of looking to downsize a bit to get something towable, so we can get out several times a year.

To be honest, this type of weather is not our ideal whether.  Neither my wife or I care for this heat and humidity.  We prefer highs in the 60s and lows in the 50s or 40s.  That's camping weather, for us.

Don't know if you have kids or not. When in scouting, always took the boys to Hickory Run State Park in the Poconos in October. Good for two things, bears and boulder field. Warm days, cool nights they always had a great time. Nice in the summer too! There is a great rails to trails park not far from there for bike riding, or whitewater rafting.

The other place we would go to would be Ricketts Glen State park, again in the Poconos, where waterfalls are the big attraction. Plenty of good times here also.

21 Falls, great unless it's a dry season!

We just bought our first travel trailer last year in August. We been trying different campgrounds and always looking for suggestions. Our 2 favorite for close by are Beaver Valley in Ottsville Pa and Colonia Woods in Upper Black Eddy Pa that we've been visiting for quick weekend get a ways. Both have themed weekends and lots of things for the kids to do. We went to Tip Tam in Jackson NJ this year for Father's Day weekend and also liked it there other then Being close to the road way and hearing local traffic. For our vacation in a few weeks we are going to Lake In Wood then over to Hershey High Meadows

We clearly have different interpretations of the word "camping"

yeEV9l.jpg

So cool I have the opportunity to camp on Mt Hood I just have to get my self out there. Your pic just started a fire under my ass to get out there this season and do it.