raz-0

Worst movies you've paid to see.

OK, so I'm stealing this one from fark, but I figured it'd be more entertaining in this venue with everyone being local, and a large number being of sufficient age to have been catching flicks before hollywood crammed every weekend with the next cardboard flavored megaflop was meant to be a tentpole film. 

I also bring it up because I have seen some true stinkers in the theater. 

Some examples: 

Yor - the hunter form the future. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084935/?ref_=sr_1

Hercules (starring the hulk) 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085672/

Of course, highlander 2 the original theatrical cut is one of the worst  failures at actually making a film... paid to see that too. 

Oh yeah and... Megaforce!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084316/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I thought water world was good, tho i was young when I saw it, and we got to see that chicks ass, maybe thats why lol.

Saw Half Baked when i was young and stupid too, thought it was pretty funny.  There are certainly worse out there! 

Ill come back after I put a little thought into this.  We usually only pay to go to the movies if the reviews were pretty good...

Usually, I don't pay to go and see movies until after I am confident in the reviews.  I thought Congo was pretty bad back in the 90s.  I was also extremely disappointed with Cars II.  I guess that's what happens when Disney gets involved with the production.  Lastly, Star Wars Phantom Menace with Ja Ja Binks.

I thought water world was good, tho i was young when I saw it, and we got to see that chicks ass, maybe thats why lol.

Saw Half Baked when i was young and stupid too, thought it was pretty funny.  There are certainly worse out there! 

Ill come back after I put a little thought into this.  We usually only pay to go to the movies if the reviews were pretty good...

I thought WaterWorld was ok.. not a bad story.. but it was a huge flop because it cost so much to make.

Half Baked was.. half baked.  Probably one of those movies that is much funnier as a rental.

I'm a huge Redbox/Netflix fan.  My ability to watch garbage is indirectly proportional to how much I paid to watch it.

This goes back a few decades, by my gold standard for worst movie I ever sat through remains "Terms of Endearment"   (This wasn't a movie selection I made...)

It won a pile of Oscars, had a great cast, and was based on a book by an author who has written some things I like...but gawd....I couldn't stand the film. 

Lol.   The Rocky Horror picture show. I had no idea what it was about,  we went  with another couple.  The guy said it was a cool flick but didn't say anything else. When we went to find seats I was saying to myself WTF ( people were all dressed up like clowns and the other half of the crowd was wearing clear poncho's ) So my friend was smiling at me as I said WTF. the next thing I know two extra large sodas are airborne flying past my head. I grabbed one of the kids who threw the soda and threw him on the floor, He like hey man this is what we do at this movie. I looked at my friend and said i'm out of here so my date and friend followed me out, As i turned to look back shit was flying everywhere. The manager refunded our money, But he had a big grin on his face... :)

OK, so I'm stealing this one from fark, but I figured it'd be more entertaining in this venue with everyone being local, and a large number being of sufficient age to have been catching flicks before hollywood crammed every weekend with the next cardboard flavored megaflop was meant to be a tentpole film. 

I also bring it up because I have seen some true stinkers in the theater. 

Some examples: 

Yor - the hunter form the future. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084935/?ref_=sr_1

Hercules (starring the hulk) 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085672/

Of course, highlander 2 the original theatrical cut is one of the worst  failures at actually making a film... paid to see that too. 

Oh yeah and... Megaforce!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084316/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

We may be around the same age. I had my movie in mind as soon as I saw the title of this thread, and you stole my thunder. Highlander 2 was the worst movie I have ever sat all the way through. Too bad, because I really liked the first Highlander movie.

The Lost in Space remake with Joey and roller Girl was the worst movie I have ever walked out on.

Long time ago- Conan the Barbarian

I have to disagree on this one. I will still watch this if it's on cable. Excess nudity and violence. The cast looks like iron Maiden on 'roids. James Earl Jones beheading folks left and right.

What is not to like?

Half Baked, walked out of the theater a third of the way into the movie and asked for a refund.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

You're nuts, that movie is absolutely hilarious!

Worst I paid for was Sucker Punch... I went to see it in IMAX.... what a stupid movie

Reds- it was like 6 hours long and if I remember correctly in another language.

3 hours 15 minutes. I got dragged to it by my mom at the age of 8. After my second nap, I was pretty much "when's this going to end, I can't sleep anymore."

Also to add to the bad movie list: Krull. It's responsible for what I have come to refer to as the Krull effect. You thought it was awesome as a kid, but then you watch it again as an adult. 

Also, you guys are concentrating too much on not liking the movie. I'm mean B A D bad. Like Battlefield Earth. THe plot is absurd and made mostly of nonsensical holes. THe costuming is awful, they somehow found a director of photography who believed 78% of all scenes must be dutched, I mean.. as a film it is bad, beyond decent color timing, focus pulling, and exposure the thing was a total waste of celluloid. 

Open Water is the first one that comes to mind. It was going to be only my then girlfriend and I in the theater, which would have made it more interesting, but some old couple walked in at the last second and screwed it up for me (kind of)

The movie itself was abysmal though.

I had to.see Krull. The advertisements were on the back of every single comic book I read for like six months. I knew it was bad even as a 10 year old. Lots of tv I used to like I now find unbearable. MASH and Hogan's Heroes come to mind.