Shawnmoore81

Nics is going online

Dont get to excited as im not feeling the love for this new ONLINE system.

Its only an Inline submission. Nics operators will still process the Nics and email the results.

So this means NO 24 hour nics, NO Sunday nics and who knows how well the email reply will work.

Why would you say that? They dont know exactly what your buying when you run a nics. All they know is long gun or handgun.  I think its just an attempt to somewhat automate things a bit. Might work out fine but when i got the letter i was expecting something more then just a submission script.

Dont get to excited as im not feeling the love for this new ONLINE system.

Its only an Inline submission. Nics operators will still process the Nics and email the results.

So this means NO 24 hour nics, NO Sunday nics and who knows how well the email reply will work.

I agree 100%. There will be no sense of urgency for them to do the check right away like when it is a phone in. We will be back to the same problem we had with faxing in checks. Website will crash on busy days like Saturdays and holidays. Can you imagine how hammered the system will get on Black Friday!!

So this replaces (eff 10/11/13) the fax submission system and also allows them to skinny down the number of bodies manning phones to handle verbal call-in submissions, making a new 'state-approved' (I wonder who got paid off??) vendor responsible for getting our private info from your local FFL to the NJSP (or directly into the FBI database) for NICS checks.

I smell a huge clusterf^ck in the works.

So this replaces (eff 10/11/13) the fax submission system and also allows them to skinny down the number of bodies manning phones to handle verbal call-in submissions, making a new 'state-approved' (I wonder who got paid off??) vendor responsible for getting our private info from your local FFL to the NJSP (or directly into the FBI database) for NICS checks.

I smell a huge clusterf^ck in the works.

+1 on the CF alert.