deerpark

Recommend a revolver.

S&W 686, Ruger GP100, EAA Windicator (made in Germany)

That GP looks kinda mean, reminds me of the SP. 

I was thinkin to keep the revolver American made but that Windicator looks kinda nice,  Shorter barrel than the SP.  Holy affordable.  Not heard of EAA though. 

Awww yah, thats nice.  You gotta be a real man to handle that bad boy.  Do you think I can handle it???

,,,,,Not entirely true, the 686 is a k frame .357,I have a slightly larger n frame 27-2 .357 and the wife loves shooting it even with hot loads.

Of-course I can handle it.  I keep MY guns loaded.  Know what I am saying? 

...now I do, unfortunately I was not in on the joke before I posted.....carry on.

Check out the 'used' racks - If I were going shopping today for a 'first' or 'only' revolver, I would be looking for a .357 S&W - a Model 19  or 27 (depending upon whether I wanted a K or N frame-the 27-N-is slightly bigger), I would be looking for a pin in the frame that secured the barrel, and a recessed bore in the cylinder ("recessed" means a relief-cut for the cartridge rim).  I would also be looking for a nickel finish, but that's just my vanity.

New or used? I like used gun shopping. You never know what you may find. New guns can be ordered anywhere, but stumbling across something interesting is way more fun to me. 

I like pre-lock blued S&Ws. I just picked up a clean 28-2 2 weeks ago.

If you shop around, you can find some bargains if you are willing to accept some cosmetic blemishes.

Where are you located? Giving a location may get you some tips on used guns at a shop near you. I saw a beater Model 10-8 last week in Toms River. Everyone should have a Model 10.

I'll go against the grain here. Had my heart set on on a 686 or a used Colt Python (if I could find a reasonably priced one) for my first revolver. But instead went with a single action Ruger Vaquero in .357/38 sp and have not been disappointed. If you want something fun for the range, take a look at one of these. Be a cowboy!

I'll go against the grain here. Had my heart set on on a 686 or a used Colt Python (if I could find a reasonably priced one) for my first revolver. But instead went with a single action Ruger Vaquero in .357/38 sp and have not been disappointed. If you want something fun for the range, take a look at one of these. Be a cowboy!

Good point - I fell in lust a few months ago with a pair of Vaqueros put out as a limited edition by the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) - they were made of highly polished stainless steel, sitting in the case at Tip's Hardware.

7882.jpg

BFR

Nuthin' quite like the feel of a .45-70 Trapdoor Springfield round goin'-off in yer hand!  I actually held one of these in my hands....and then said to myself, " Nah, don't need to aggravate my arthritis" lol!

Check out the 'used' racks - If I were going shopping today for a 'first' or 'only' revolver, I would be looking for a .357 S&W - a Model 19 or 27 (depending upon whether I wanted a K or N frame-the 27-N-is slightly bigger), I would be looking for a pin in the frame that secured the barrel, and a recessed bore in the cylinder ("recessed" means a relief-cut for the cartridge rim). I would also be looking for a nickel finish, but that's just my vanity.

+1 to all but the nickel finish. :)

If you have any .45acp's, just get a S&W 625, then there is no need worry about adding another caliber that ammo might not be available for.

While that gun is first in my what to buy next list, every collection *needs* a .357 mag revolver.

Check out the 'used' racks - If I were going shopping today for a 'first' or 'only' revolver, I would be looking for a .357 S&W - a Model 19  or 27 (depending upon whether I wanted a K or N frame-the 27-N-is slightly bigger), I would be looking for a pin in the frame that secured the barrel, and a recessed bore in the cylinder ("recessed" means a relief-cut for the cartridge rim).  I would also be looking for a nickel finish, but that's just my vanity.

Who knew there was so much into buying a revolver.  I didnt. 

The GP100 has been recommended quite a bit.  How does it compare to the SP101?