Pythagoras

Favorite Hot Sauce?

HankSauce They have a resturant in Sea Isle City and sell the sauce in a number of places in Southern NJ. It's not the hottest but it has good heat and great flavor.

Second is Endorphin Rush. I got a bottle in Virginia Beach in 1996 and am now almost out of it. Confused?? I shake it up then use the tip of a butter knife to scrape a little off the inside of the cap then apply to the desired food. 1 little dip is enough to heat up a slice of pizza. 1/2 teaspoon heats up a pot of chilli.

My ass is on fire just thinking about it.

Depending on what I'm putting it on Sriracha. Heat Chipolte Slam, and D.L. Jardines Habanero are my three favorites with McIlhenny's a standard.

I like the sauce to add flavor as well as heat. I really like Sriracha on raw oysters and clams.

Siracha is good but the taste gets old fast. I love cholula and I have tons of hot sauce here. If you wanna see how manly you are try blairs ultra death sauce.

I agree. I prepare a lot of Asian dishes where sriarcha and sambal olek is invaluable to the authentic taste of the dish but for everyday use it gets old very fast and it's not hot at all. I grew up in the Caribbean where every dish is seasoned with Scotch Bonnets and you build an immunity to it's heat pretty quickly,that being said with all the hybrid peppers being produced today I've sourced some very hot yet tasty peppers and since my sauce is raw with no fillers other than onion and garlic,I'm able to retain the inherent fruitiness and slow burn associated with the Bonnet.

We also have a habit of "floating" a fresh Bonnet on top of stews and curries to leave the flavor behind without so much of the heat but inevitably fighting for the pepper come dinner time.

I like the siracha, but I do get tired of it pretty quick--so I use it occasionally.

Does anyone make a hot siracha?

Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper salsa is decent, as well as Dave's Insanity.

I tried another Ghost Pepper hot sauce (Melinda's Naga Jolokia) that was excellent as well.

When I visit the Yucatan I always get "Xnipec" (I Mayan xni = nose, pec = dog).  I love the simplicity of this sauce--just habanero (cruda o asado), onions, lime juice, maybe some cilantro.  And the habeneros are reliably pretty hot there.  Wonderful, simple flavor mix.

I recently bought an "Ass Kicken" Habenero peanut butter, but I did not find it to be as ass kicken as I had expected (based on the ass kicking claims of the label).  But it was okay

I like the siracha, but I do get tired of it pretty quick--so I use it occasionally.

Does anyone make a hot siracha?

Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper salsa is decent, as well as Dave's Insanity.

I tried another Ghost Pepper hot sauce (Melinda's Naga Jolokia) that was excellent as well.

When I visit the Yucatan I always get "Xnipec" (I Mayan xni = nose, pec = dog).  I love the simplicity of this sauce--just habanero (cruda o asado), onions, lime juice, maybe some cilantro.  And the habeneros are reliably pretty hot there.  Wonderful, simple flavor mix.

I recently bought an "Ass Kicken" Habenero peanut butter, but I did not find it to be as ass kicken as I had expected (based on the ass kicking claims of the label).  But it was okay

I've never had a good butt jolokia sauce, except the one I make myself. Hot? Yes. Good? No. That's why I gave up on super hot sauces. I just make them myself in the blender or use Dave's Insanity since it has good flavor. I will try Melinda's since you said it was good. But it takes me 20 minutes with a pan and an oven and 2 minutes with a blender to make something good.

As I already said, Volcano Dust (powder) Level 2 does have a really good butt jolokia smokey flavor, and it's extremely hot. Since it's a powder is actually easy to distribute a small amount of it over sandwiches or other foods whereas a super hotsauce usually kills the taste of non-hot foods if you manage to get proper coverage.

My dad makes and brings for me whenever he comes up here. He grows his own peppers, usually habanero, scotch bonnet or one of the hotter varietes. He made one with "7 pot" which is almost as hot as the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion. Sometimes I make my own too.  

At work I keep a bottle of El Yucateco green. It's not really that hot (for me) but it's better than any of the other stuff. 

For me I like hot sauce for the flavor not the amount of sweat it brings.  I love Jalepeno flavor but not the heat, same with Habeneros.  I dont need my tongue to be numb when i eat stuff with hot sauce.  I have found that I LOVE this stuff!!! great flavor and decent heat! 

Chili Garlic is my FAV on everything from Eggs to steak!

original_productgroup.png

Anyone know of good recipes to make hot sauces? Come summer time I grow several types of peppers from Thai, jalapeños, habanero, etc. I usually just use them to cup up and put in dips, or dry them out and make my own form of crushed peppers to put on pizza or what not.

For my Bloody Mary I prefer Franks Red Hot, for sandwiches I prefer Trappey's Red Devil and recently I've been putting Valentina on rice.  My roommate hates the fact that I have those three bottles and a bottle of hot sauce from Amish country.  That hot sauce will make your ass look like fourth of July if not treated with respect.

As of late though I've been staying away from hot sauces that will make a dragon breathe out my ass.

HankSauce They have a resturant in Sea Isle City and sell the sauce in a number of places in Southern NJ. It's not the hottest but it has good heat and great flavor.

Second is Endorphin Rush. I got a bottle in Virginia Beach in 1996 and am now almost out of it. Confused?? I shake it up then use the tip of a butter knife to scrape a little off the inside of the cap then apply to the desired food. 1 little dip is enough to heat up a slice of pizza. 1/2 teaspoon heats up a pot of chilli.

I forgot about Hanks.  I love their Cilanktro sauce(green label).  They came out with a Garden Ghost sauce(white label)...my god that stuff is hot.