intercooler

Moving out of Jersey....

I love NC but with the influx of NY and NJ residents, it will sadly become just like them in the future I fear.  West by God Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia are on my short list of places to move to.  But thanks to Christie, I have to stay here in NJ, can't move out of state.  I have to endure for 13 more years to be able to collect my pension.

+1 Heavyopp. I will hopefully be buying property in NH with in the next 5 years. I am more or less stuck in NJ till I retire but we are going to use the property as a vacation/hunting property and I will slowly build a nice cabin there. By the time I am ready to retire (which is still a long way off) the property will be ready for us to live there full time. I want a minimum of 50 acres but the more the merrier.

I'm as stuck in Nj as anyone else --  Been in a family business for 30 years --  I'm so tired and fed up that it's time for me to start living

I need to work -- No way I can retire -- Not even a possibility here in NJ 

I have 2 sons -- 17 and 14 -- Graduate high school next year for the older -- The younger will adapt

I just can't do it any longer -- I'll find work -- Take away the $11,000 + property taxes and the $12,000 + mortgage and how much do you really need -- 

Land is paid for in NH -- No house but thats easy enough to fix -- It's far from a desolate place -- Warner is 20 minutes north east of Concord and right next to New London = $$$$$

There's plenty of people who don't know which end of a screwdriver to hold

Come join me. :laugh: No permit or training needed to carry openly or concealed.

Yeah, and you can own toys like suppressors too!  I am out there as soon as I can find an appropriate situation work-wise.  Unfortunately the East coast and Cali seem to have better opportunities with my company.  I love cali, especially eastern cali, but I don't think I could stand the political environment, taxes, etc.

Where you located?

Yeah, and you can own toys like suppressors too!  I am out there as soon as I can find an appropriate situation work-wise.  Unfortunately the East coast and Cali seem to have better opportunities with my company.  I love cali, especially eastern cali, but I don't think I could stand the political environment, taxes, etc.

Where you located?

Goodyear

My son graduates in 2017 and we plan on heading to SC/GA/FL after that...my daughter graduated last year so no worries there. My company has offices in all 50 states so I can go to any of them. We would go sooner by my son is autistic and in the culinary program at Warren Tech and doing well so we don't want to move him until he graduates....priorities, ya know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm cashing out my pension contribution and I'll invest it myself. I'm not spending 20 more years working in a state where I don't want to live just for the money.

I could cash out my TDA(403b), but pensions do not travel from state to state.

My son graduates in 2017 and we plan on heading to SC/GA/FL after that...my daughter graduated last year so no worries there. My company has offices in all 50 states so I can go to any of them. We would go sooner by my son is autistic and in the culinary program at Warren Tech and doing well so we don't want to move him until he graduates....priorities, ya know.

Deleted. I was going to say that Johnson & Wales had a Charleston SC campus, but that was consolidated into their Charlotte NC facility.

Still.... It might be close enough

I've been on a quest to leave for 10 years now.

Here's a tip for all of you single guys...move first then get married. I got married and my Italian wife cant separate herself from her mother. We almost bought in PA, but my asshole Mother in Law did everything she could to prevent it.

The process is moving along, but much slower.

This state is a shithole. I don't care how good the Diners, pizza, bagels, and cannolis are...its an over-taxed, over-regulated, rude, congested,and disgusting dump. There's no reason why one should pay 12-25k in property taxes and drive on roads that have so many potholes they're similar to the surface of the moon. There's no reason why someone who pays 12-25k in property taxes should wait 3 days for their street to get plowed.

The influx of transplants from NYC are quickly turning central jersey into Staten Island or Brooklyn. If i wanted to live NYC, I would have moved there. I'm tired of dealing with these nasty people in stores and on the roads. Unfortunately the transplants have destroyed their own state and are trying to put the final nail in the coffin of NJ.

This isn't even getting into the gun laws.

Just looked...it's in Charlotte, NC. That will be a no-go with the Mrs. I had a marital transgression in the Charlotte area a few years ago so that is completely out of the question.

We've been considering the Keys so he can go to the N. Miami location though.

We can't get out of here fast enough.

I already own property in west Tx ( a little west of Abilene), house/barn already built. Had it before I married my wife (Yankee girl I met soon after I got transferred here).

We don't have kids. She has about 5 years left before her job will allow her to retire with full benefits. Once that day rolls around, we're outta here!

She and I are both fed up with NJ. Taxes, cost of living, politics, ect. Of it had not been for my wife, I'd have beat feet long ago. Don't know how I've lasted 13 years here!

Heading to CO myself in a couple months.  Found a beautiful little town in the mountains, outside of Denver and Boulder counties (which have already been heavily influenced in the wrong direction by other East Coast transplants).  I work from home so my job is portable.

West Coast of FL or NC coast. Hopefully within a year depending how fast i can get my house ready to rent.

I have like so many others had it with this crap hole state and 99.9% of aholes in it.. Rude ,nasty self absorbed douche bags.

Eff NJ and the liberal trash that run it. There is no reason to stay here. I wouldnt care about a pension or anything else. Nothing is worth your happiness and freedom.

Everyone is stuck on the BUCK.

I will be fishing the gulf coast while someone in NJ slaves to grow their penison

My GF and I are somewhere upper middle class, each earning into the 6 figures. We are the type of taxpayer any state should want. We eat out a lot, spend money on leisure activities and hire people to do the stuff we don't want to (housekeeping, home repairs, auto maintenance, etc.). We generate a good deal of trickle down economy through all of these activities. But NJ has ensured that my income and spending will be elsewhere very shortly.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk