njpilot

No Guns At Chipolte

And of course being a responsible gun owner, someone asked me about this today, looking for me to stand behind their irrational behavior.

Frankly, they're idiots and are doing more harm than good. Don't lump me in with these clowns. 

I'll take CC over OC anyway. 

Hopefully smarter people will represent us in the future so these things won't happen.

IMO the best thing anyone and everyone can do independently and without any sort of group coordination to advance the pro gun agenda is to take someone who is on the fence about guns to the range. Teach them the basic four rules of safety and teach them to shoot. In my experience, you don't have to sell them on guns to get them to like them. Once they start shooting, they generally like it. I've had fencesitters so excited after their first few rounds that the start to turn around from the firing line and I have to remind them to keep the gun pointed down range.

IMO the best thing anyone and everyone can do independently and without any sort of group coordination to advance the pro gun agenda is to take someone who is on the fence about guns to the range. Teach them the basic four rules of safety and teach them to shoot. In my experience, you don't have to sell them on guns to get them to like them. Once they start shooting, they generally like it. I've had fencesitters so excited after their first few rounds that the start to turn around from the firing line and I have to remind them to keep the gun pointed down range.

Yep! The only way to get someone on the fence to see your side is to get them behind the trigger. I've converted a few fence-sitters into gun-nuts, I've turned some anti-gunners into fence-sitters. Once they realize it's not all about Yee-haw and blowing stuff up and that it actually can be done safely, they have a tendency to come to our side. At least in my experience.

I prefer CC over OC any day...why let the bad guys know who to target first??? I'd rather have the element of surprise on my side...wait til they turn away or get distracted then do whatever needs to be done.

i have said this time and time again.

This Thursday I'm doing exactly that. I've had many discussions with this lady with included questions from her such as "what are you afraid of?" "I bet you're dying to kill someone." "guns sure seem dangerous." etc. Last week during an unrelated conversation she asked me if I was going this week. I said I am, and would she like to go? She said yes. The biggest thing I've learned is, let them ask you all the (dumbass) questions and not react like you really want to (jump up and down, say it's not the gun it's the people who MISuse them, et. al.) and let them work through it. When you show you're not some Gun Nut (of the WLSBHWDC variety) they seem to come around on their own.

Next week I have a pair of emphatics (Yes I would love to go!!! Can my husband come too? he just got (insert gun here) but hasn't shot one since his time in the French army 30 years ago! (no joke on the French army thing... he's an ex-pat of france.)) and hopefully soon I'll have my 3rd (4th?) newbie/freshie. I have one other I REALLY want to get to go; I mentioned I was a gun owner and she damn near wet her pants her anti reaction was so strong. It actually took me by surprise and stunned me. Something/someone's gotten into her head something fierce.

Are we tangenting? Do we have a dedicated thread on 'tactics' for convincing antis/fence-post-butts to go?

F those morons carrying AR-15's into a Chipotle.  If that's what OC means, I'm against OC.  I walk into a store with two crazy looking guys holding AR's I'm walking out. 

Did you see the pictures of those aholes?  The one guy is holding the rifle up, hand along the trigger guard, slack in his sling, while grinning.  Actually, it's pretty amazing that no one shot him, because he sure looks like a mass murderer to me, and I like guns.

These guys have done more harm to your rights than any left-winger this week.  F them.

I'm eating lunch at Chipotle today.

14043216877_e782fe7074_b.jpg

EXACTLY!  Couldn't have said it better!  ^^TWO Douchenozzles parading-around and posing for photos just like the Douchenozzles in Star Bucks!  Looks like a couple outta-work Anti's with GUNS!

Just because it's LEGAL doesn't mean you SHOULD do it!  And the very act of posing with guns in your hands in a restaurant is upsetting to me.  Muzzle sweeps here we come as A-Holes pose with AR's.

I've never been to this restaurant, but NOW I'm going to wear my NRA Shirt and go eat there and ask to speak to the Management to let them know that I don't like Douchenozzles SPEAKING FOR ME!

So TAKE THAT YOU OVER-REACTING KEYBOARD COMMANDO PUKES!

Dave

Shootist and New Customer of Chipotle Grill!

I prefer CC over OC any day...why let the bad guys know who to target first???  I'd rather have the element of surprise on my side...wait til they turn away or get distracted then do whatever needs to be done.

Oh please, document all the times uniformed Leos have been jumped first for their firearm.  You don't like OC, fine that's up to you.

But don't go making up stories to try and justify your choice.

The hypocrisy is strong in this thread. "Since I don't like it it must be wrong" 

Where have I heard that before?  At every MAIG meeting and FUDD justification ever held.

What if a Muslim is into the restaurant scares someone the Muslim should be asked not to come in right?  Black? Gay? Interracial couple?

They broke no law, so tough shYt.

mount-arlington-police-officers-at-josep

4 guys OC'ing,  And that one guy sure is fat.  Open carry makes use look bad.  MAkes gun owners look like terrorists.

What are they trying to prove?

Does this picture scare you?

PLEASE.

Never said I have a problem with folks open carrying (except when they act like douche canoes)...I just prefer CC for myself...personal choice, just like gun ownership, religion, marriage, type of car, etc, ad nauseum....

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Why are you guys denouncing them so hard? Are they acting directly to take away your constitutional rights? How are they hurting you in any way?

Out of curiosity, does the fact that OCing a handgun being illegal play a role in their decision to lug around AR's?

Oh please, document all the times uniformed Leos have been jumped first for their firearm. You don't like OC, fine that's up to you.

But don't go making up stories to try and justify your choice.

The hypocrisy is strong in this thread. "Since I don't like it it must be wrong"

Where have I heard that before? At every MAIG meeting and FUDD justification ever held.

What if a Muslim is into the restaurant scares someone the Muslim should be asked not to come in right? Black? Gay? Interracial couple?

They broke no law, so tough shYt.

Posted Image

4 guys OC'ing, And that one guy sure is fat. Open carry makes use look bad. MAkes gun owners look like terrorists.

PLEASE.

Not exactly the same thing. OC in a holster like the cops are doing is one thing, brandishing is another.

And there is a difference between a Muslim standing in line for his burrito and one who brings his rug and tries to pray in the front of the soda machine.

4 guys OC'ing,  And that one guy sure is fat.  Open carry makes use look bad.  MAkes gun owners look like terrorists.

PLEASE.

None of them have drawn their weapons, unlike the aholes at Chipotle.  I'm pretty sure the nutjob on the right in the picture should have been arrested for brandishing.  I would have supported that.  He's a dangerous lunatic.

Why are you guys denouncing them so hard? Are they acting directly to take away your constitutional rights? How are they hurting you in any way?

They are absolutely harming me.  They are a) single handedly causing a major nationwide firm to change their gun policy, b) they are making all legal/rational/sane gun owners look bad, c) they are providing fodder for anti-carry people like few people ever have.

Not exactly the same thing. OC in a holster like the cops are doing is one thing, brandishing is another.

And there is a difference between a Muslim standing in line for his burrito and one who brings his rug and tries to pray in the front of the soda machine.

Ah it must be different because cops never open fire on a crowd.  I see.

There is no brandishing in either picture.

Do I agree with them, no.  But I have a real hard time with the hypocrites that denounce them for breaking NO LAWS. 

None of them have drawn their weapons, unlike the aholes at Chipotle.  I'm pretty sure the nutjob on the right in the picture should have been arrested for brandishing.  I would have supported that.  He's a dangerous lunatic.

Were they arrested?  No, so I guess no one there thought brandishing was going on.  But you as a Monday morning quarterback must know better, you saw a picture and read a news story. 

Since you can get behind it it must be illegal.  "Who needs a military rifle with 30 round clips to hunt deer". I call you FUDD.

A) they are not single handedly doing anything. Unless of course they are the executives writing new policy. Their actions must be misinterpreted first in order to allow the change to happen.

B) I don't see how they are making you or me to look bad. They did not slander my reputation, nor yours.

C) Just because they add to the anti-gun argument, doesn't mean that they should be to blame for the actions of those who blew the open carry movement out of proportion. (I don't think what happened down in Texas is worthy of national attention, and it probably wouldn't be were it not for MDA)

Lets say you sold a rifle to somebody who sold it to somebody else who used it in a murder. By your logic, you harmed the victim, since your actions, regardless of how innocuous they seemed, led to the murder taking place.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

I wish we had the option at least here in NJ

Actually we do, minus the evil features on the rifle and it being loaded. Other than that, are there any laws on the books barring us from doing the same thing in NJ?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Ah it must be different because cops never open fire on a crowd. I see.

There is no brandishing in either picture.

Do I agree with them, no. But I have a real hard time with the hypocrites that denounce them for breaking NO LAWS.

Were they arrested? No, so I guess no one there thought brandishing was going on. But you as a Monday morning quarterback must know better, you saw a picture and read a news story.

Since you can get behind it it must be illegal. "Who needs a military rifle with 30 round clips to hunt deer". I call you FUDD.

I'm not commenting on overall police behavior. A picture was posted that showed cops with the comment "look, they're OC'ing". No weapons were drawn in that picture. Compare that with the picture from chipotle. Certainly looked like brandishing to me.

wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.

I don't think anyone has said it should be illegal. Just that it was stupid and counterproductive.

They are absolutely harming me.  They are a) single handedly causing a major nationwide firm to change their gun policy, b) they are making all legal/rational/sane gun owners look bad, c) they are providing fodder for anti-carry people like few people ever have.

I agree completely.

If Chipotle had banned just those two morons, and done nothing else, they could have made both sides of the political debate happy.

I think the oc people are operating under the delusion that the gun owning public can exert the kind of commercial pressure in general that they do within the realm if businesses that cater to the shooting community. You aren't going to be able to Zumbo Starbucks or chipotle, and their accountants are going to look at it as such. Roughly 45% of households own a gun. Something less than 100% will support these guys even if 100% agree with them, which they don't. Those numbers are not favorable. Add to that the fact that retail customers are much more likely to punish a company for a bad experience than reward a company for a good one, and you can get a pretty good idea of which way this will go for the rkba side of the polarizing event.

It is a heinously stupid tactic IMO.

My god, that picture is sad on so many levels.

Very.  Those who are defending these 2 idiots are only looking at the political point they were trying to make now the outcome.  This will NOT help the cause of firearms owners. This only takes those who are anti and gives them great posters to use on us when they are trying to legislate more controls.

If this continues it would not surprise me at all when the antis really do take our guns.

I read somewhere that, because this happened in Texas Chipotles HAD to say no open carry because in Texas it's illegal to take a long gun into a place that sells alcohol. The "Mothers" are claiming victory but the chain did it to be compliant with state law.

That said, these open carry clowns are making everyone look bad.

I believe the rule in Texas is "any business that derives 51% of their profits from alcohol sales" Most chain restaurants you can carry in. This law is intended for local bars, etc.