Fallen Knight

Magazine limit at 15 rounds

I have all faith that Shawn has an insider and that it is in fact VETOED!!!!  Thank you Shawn for the heads up!

We have a 1 year reprieve here, not a victory by any means......Once CC is out of office, we will be defending ourselves

with Airsoft smart guns with a 5 round plastic ball limit and a Dick Tracey watch which you must be wearing in order to fire the gun!!!!

I almost forgot, NO hollow point plastic balls will be permitted!

F@%c^King  PRNJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have all faith that Shawn has an insider and that it is in fact VETOED!!!!  Thank you Shawn for the heads up!

We have a 1 year reprieve here, not a victory by any means......Once CC is out of office, we will be defending ourselves

with Airsoft smart guns with a 5 round plastic ball limit and a Dick Tracey watch which you must be wearing in order to fire the gun!!!!

I hate to admit it but this is 100% correct.  After CC is gone and we have a democratic legislature and governor, game over for us.

I hate to admit it but this is 100% correct.  After CC is gone and we have a democratic legislature and governor, game over for us.

No, it's not game over for us due to a democratic legislature and governor. What has to happen is the 1 million or so gun owners in NJ have to get off their asses and vote. In other words it's game over for us due to the inactions of many gun owners.

I don't think there's enough in certain districts to remove these people, voters can only vote in their districts. Also people jobs seem more important, the Unions control a lot of voters and endorse Dem's.

Thank you Ogfarmer,

I am so sick of hearing "gun owners just don't vote" I could puke!!!

Many of us on this Forum vote, send e-mails, letters and call our representatives including Chris Christie.  As you can see by my address, I live in Toms River.  We have good representatives and are trying to get one to the US Senate.  As you stated, we cannot vote somewhere else, we have to vote in our district.  It maintains the status quo but does nothing help other districts that need support.

Jerrymandering at its finest.

Foolishness.... Your all living in the 'happiness' of the moment on a potential veto... You cannotsee tthe forest for the trees

This is coming again and again.. And worse.... Unless as others have said as well.... Something is done to tipthe bbalance at the legislature level...

I have zero 10 red plus magazines for any firearm I own... Because it WILL be law.

Yepp.  It's like One Gun a Month.  Sure, it was delayed for a few years, but even that passed eventually.  Pucker up folks, we may not go to 10 rounds this year, but it's an inevitability.

You have 3 options:

1.  Comply

2.  Move

3.  Don't comply

Barring some magical SCOTUS ruling which protects gun rights from shitty cosmetic restrictions, nothing is going to stop this.

... I have zero 10 red plus magazines for any firearm I own... Because it WILL be law.

Who's to say it will stop at 10?  When your 10 round mags become illegal when the law becomes 7, will you then say "I have zero 7 rd plus magazines for any firearm I own"?

Foolishness.... Your all living in the 'happiness' of the moment on a potential veto... You cannotsee tthe forest for the trees

This is coming again and again.. And worse.... Unless as others have said as well.... Something is done to tipthe bbalance at the legislature level...

I have zero 10 red plus magazines for any firearm I own... Because it WILL be law.

Jeez, lighten up. Give (most of)  us a little credit and think we know whats going on. Yes,we know its only a reprieve. Yes we know its gonna keep on coming. Yes we know it will be implemented in the not too distant future, along with other restrictions. Nothing wrong with enjoying a momentary sigh of relief. If nothing else it buys those of us heading out the door a little more time not to deal with the option of relocating the evil mags. I have no faith in any turn around as far as gun rights go here and also see it getting worse. As a matter of fact that logic goes for the state as a whole and i feel for those unable to relocate.

Jeez, lighten up. Give (most of)  us a little credit and think we know whats going on. Yes,we know its only a reprieve. Yes we know its gonna keep on coming. Yes we know it will be implemented in the not too distant future, along with other restrictions. Nothing wrong with enjoying a momentary sigh of relief. If nothing else it buys those of us heading out the door a little more time not to deal with the option of relocating the evil mags. I have no faith in any turn around as far as gun rights go here and also see it getting worse. As a matter of fact that logic goes for the state as a whole and i feel for those unable to relocate.

...all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Many strokes fell great oaks...read, write, vote. Don't give up.

I don't think there's enough in certain districts to remove these people, voters can only vote in their districts. Also people jobs seem more important, the Unions control a lot of voters and endorse Dem's.

The Unions control a lot of voters? I guess that means people cannot think for themselves.  I belong to a union but I vote the way I want no matter who they endorse.

Geez I must have posted this 8 or 9 times already.

I'm going to fudge the numbers here because I don't feel like looking them up again.

1 million gun owners in NJ, approximately 1.3 million sympathetic significant others, perhaps 1.5 million if you count friends. 

Voter participation last time was around 16%. That means 84% = 1.2 million sympathetic non-voters.

Seven or so districts were competitive, meaning the good guys (relatively speaking) lost by anywhere from 1000 to 4-5,000 votes. That is enough districts to take back the lower house. Equivalent numbers for the senate.

If just 35% or so of gun owners would vote, maybe 40-50% in blue districts, we could take back both houses of the legislature. 

Now see my signature please for the admonition.

Thank you Ogfarmer,

I am so sick of hearing "gun owners just don't vote" I could puke!!!

Many of us on this Forum vote, send e-mails, letters and call our representatives including Chris Christie. As you can see by my address, I live in Toms River. We have good representatives and are trying to get one to the US Senate. As you stated, we cannot vote somewhere else, we have to vote in our district. It maintains the status quo but does nothing help other districts that need support.

Jerrymandering at its finest.

If the responses I've gotten in the past month to various posts I've tried starting here trying to get people to vote in primaries, discussion of the Dem primary candidates, or my "spoonfed election info here", if that that is a barometer of voter sentiment then not only do gun owners not care, I will even venture NJGF-ers turnout is poor too.

Exhibit A would also be when someone posts "who should I vote for?" (Stop surfing gun sites and start googling candidate platforms) or if someone posts "hey i just read that this magazine bill passed..." *facepalm*

Sorry to say, but count me in that we don't help ourselves. I'm gonna try again a spoonfed "IF YOU LIVE IN THESE TOWNS CLICK HERE" to get more focus on Blue encumbent candidates for November. I'm almost to the point where I would give cash money to get voter responses but I think that's illegal so I won't go there.

My encumbent is red so all I can do is focus on House for people in other Jurisdictions (if booker is a forgone conclusion). (If anybody reading this doesn't know what "my encumbent is red" means you can PM me and I'll explain politics to you in private)

Geez I must have posted this 8 or 9 times already.

I'm going to fudge the numbers here because I don't feel like looking them up again.

1 million gun owners in NJ, approximately 1.3 million sympathetic significant others, perhaps 1.5 million if you count friends. 

Voter participation last time was around 16%. That means 84% = 1.2 million sympathetic non-voters.

Seven or so districts were competitive, meaning the good guys (relatively speaking) lost by anywhere from 1000 to 4-5,000 votes. That is enough districts to take back the lower house. Equivalent numbers for the senate.

If just 35% or so of gun owners would vote, maybe 40-50% in blue districts, we could take back both houses of the legislature. 

Now see my signature please for the admonition.

Many of them do vote. Not all, but many. They apparently don't vote the way you expect them to. At least one of the forum mods voted for Obama. If an NJGunforums moderator will do that, be certain that plenty of gun owners are voting for the exact people that are perpetuating our persecution.

If the responses I've gotten in the past month to various posts I've tried starting here trying to get people to vote in primaries, discussion of the Dem primary candidates, or my "spoonfed election info here", if that that is a barometer of voter sentiment then not only do gun owners not care, I will even venture NJGF-ers turnout is poor too.

Exhibit A would also be when someone posts "who should I vote for?" (Stop surfing gun sites and start googling candidate platforms) or if someone posts "hey i just read that this magazine bill passed..." *facepalm*

You could do a lot worse. If you didn't get around to doing your homework I would rather you stop by for some last minute advice than go in blind or not vote at all.

I don't even remember everybody on the ballot in NJ but here in PA we have quite a bit, and quite a bit that matters. I print out the FOAC voter's guide and mark it up with whatever research I have time to do before voting. I have never known everything there is to know about every judge or councilman before going to the polls (most of my efforts are State and Federal), so a little cheating is better than nothing.

Many of them do vote. Not all, but many. They apparently don't vote the way you expect them to. At least one of the forum mods voted for Obama. If an NJGunforums moderator will do that, be certain that plenty of gun owners are voting for the exact people that are perpetuating our persecution.

Agreed. I did not mention that possibility in my posts, which assumed one-issue voting. I should subtract 30% for the "wienie factor."

Still, the numbers are there. Another stat (%age of Democrats vs. Republicans who own guns) suggests my suggestion is well within the cone of uncertainty. 

Have you ever lived in NJ, Mr. Phosgene? Many conservatives in this state do not vote, feeling it's no use. They're right for the national elections. I always vote, but I've often cast my ballot for the "Nukes for Everybody" or "Kill them All" parties. I've even written in myself a few times for President. But those people are DEAD WRONG for legislature elections. 

I lived in NJ for 30 years. Or I probably wouldn't be on this website. I voted a few times a year the last 12 years I lived there. But I got up early adn walked there so it was easy. It was usually me and one or two people in their 70s vs. 6 voting booths.

Really you should post the link for "vote by mail". Just imagine of all the gun owners voted by mail and assured maximum turnout the results would be different. I do vote by mail

Here is the link to the absentee ballot aka vote by mail. Just click on your county and fill out the form. No need to drive to the polls. I strongly suggest everyone to sign up:

http://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/voting-information-vote-by-mail.html

the thing to do is create a PAC,,,take donations and do candidate mailers to gun owners.

Robo calls work too

these are cheap and VERY effective at getting the message across...especially when you blind side your opponent. Go after only vulnerable seats, suburban or country districts. do it without warning, you will get the message across

so no official announcement yet today. at least not one I've seen.

If the Gov's Veto is unofficial then it did not happen.  If this was Vetoed it would have been leaked to more then just a NJGF member.

it would be news.

There are to many people from both sides watching this closely for it to be "unofficial".