njpilot

Looks Like A Terror Attack In Paris

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." — Abraham Lincoln

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"To disarm the people...s the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

Our forefathers either had the vision of Nostradamus or the ability to learn from their own history!  The war is upon us now!

MOΛΩN ΛΑBE

28 years ago I worked for a German company. As part of the extensive vacation Europeans and employees of some Europe-based companies were accustomed to I was able to visit the old sod, Italy, for three weeks after which I spent a week im Vaterland. After eating the most amazing food throughout Italy, including at my wife's grandmother's place, we found ourselves in Weinheim, Germany. The first night my bosses took us out to an Italian restaurant "becoss vee know you musst laaaik Italien foot." Today that would be called a "microaggression." The dump was run by Turks and it was one of the most disgusting meals I ever had. That's when I began to wonder why there were so many musselmen on the Continent.

Over the decades Moslems (I henceforth refuse to call them Muslims) have entered Europe by the millions. During that time I predicted that Europe would face an existential crisis, and now it has, or is facing one.

It's too f*****g late for Europe. Malmo, Sweden, is already the rape capital of Europe. Jews, women, and gays are unsafe in dozens of neighborhoods in Scandanavia, France, and Germany. 

Until very recently, that is until the loony left began to devour itself, I was sad. Now I'm happy. I'm glad to see liberal college deans and professors resign for things that never occurred and even if they did they had no control over, for phony sentiments of victimization that they fostered and encouraged throughout their careers. I hope they are replaced by even worse assholes who are similarly chewed up and spit out by left-wing fascist children posing as adults. Let all the "liberal arts" colleges dry up like the vaginas of centuries-old virgins.

Europe, by the way, to return to the initial topic, is headed for civil war. During the aforementioned trip we took an overnight train from Florence, where the temperature was around 90 degrees F, to Germany, where it was freezing. Fourteen hours, sixty degrees.

Wait until the cold weather hits and Germans are conscripted to wait hand and foot on the invaders. Will the grand children of individuals who pushed Jews, gypsies, and homos into the ovens follow their ancestors' obedience like cattle or will they grow some testicles? I favor the latter but fear the former. F*** them. People deserve the government they get.

All the bullshit we talk about here aside, can anybody think of a better justification for the right to bear arms??? Austrian gun shops, in a country big on gun rights, are reduced to selling pepper spray because all the real weapons have flown off the shelves. Were all the crazy right-wingers really crazy when they stated that the main purpose for gun rights was to protect us from our protectors?

God bless America and save the Republic!

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." — Abraham Lincoln

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"To disarm the people...s the most effectual way to enslave them."

- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."

- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

Our forefathers either had the vision of Nostradamus or the ability to learn from their own history!  The war is upon us now!

MOΛΩN ΛΑBE

What's the correct response, +1000 or ^^^^^? Regardless I completely and unequivocally endorse these quotes. 

28 years ago I worked for a German company. As part of the extensive vacation Europeans and employees of some Europe-based companies were accustomed to I was able to visit the old sod, Italy, for three weeks after which I spent a week im Vaterland. After eating the most amazing food throughout Italy, including at my wife's grandmother's place, we found ourselves in Weinheim, Germany. The first night my bosses took us out to an Italian restaurant "becoss vee know you musst laaaik Italien foot." Today that would be called a "microaggression." The dump was run by Turks and it was one of the most disgusting meals I ever had. That's when I began to wonder why there were so many musselmen on the Continent.

Over the decades Moslems (I henceforth refuse to call them Muslims) have entered Europe by the millions. During that time I predicted that Europe would face an existential crisis, and now it has, or is facing one.

It's too f*****g late for Europe. Malmo, Sweden, is already the rape capital of Europe. Jews, women, and gays are unsafe in dozens of neighborhoods in Scandanavia, France, and Germany. 

Until very recently, that is until the loony left began to devour itself, I was sad. Now I'm happy. I'm glad to see liberal college deans and professors resign for things that never occurred and even if they did they had no control over, for phony sentiments of victimization that they fostered and encouraged throughout their careers. I hope they are replaced by even worse assholes who are similarly chewed up and spit out by left-wing fascist children posing as adults. Let all the "liberal arts" colleges dry up like the vaginas of centuries-old virgins.

Europe, by the way, to return to the initial topic, is headed for civil war. During the aforementioned trip we took an overnight train from Florence, where the temperature was around 90 degrees F, to Germany, where it was freezing. Fourteen hours, sixty degrees.

Wait until the cold weather hits and Germans are conscripted to wait hand and foot on the invaders. Will the grand children of individuals who pushed Jews, gypsies, and homos into the ovens follow their ancestors' obedience like cattle or will they grow some testicles? I favor the latter but fear the former. F*** them. People deserve the government they get.

All the bullshit we talk about here aside, can anybody think of a better justification for the right to bear arms??? Austrian gun shops, in a country big on gun rights, are reduced to selling pepper spray because all the real weapons have flown off the shelves. Were all the crazy right-wingers really crazy when they stated that the main purpose for gun rights was to protect us from our protectors?

God bless America and save the Republic!

Well said Newtonian! But I must ask a question! Who will defend us when the terrorists hit home?

You forget the Europeans have a long history of pogroms.  It will be very interesting how they react.

My wife spoke with a close childhood friend in Italy just today. Her friend said she was frightened for her life and that of her family as the mass influx of refugees is changing her country for the worse!

Italy suffers from corruption, severe unemployment as most jobs go to illegals already since they work for less! She said crime is a daily occurrence now in neighborhoods that were safe and peaceful

until now!

Gun ownership is also pretty restricted in Italy so no one in my wife's family owns a gun! Who will protect them from the influx of illegals that don't obey gun laws?

More keywords are being peppered in the MSM

1. They used "assault" weapons like AK47s.

2. They "reloaded" multiple times

3. We could "just walk into theater by showing ticket only. Poor security".

I guess no one told the scumbags about French laws on firearms. And I guess we all need TSA checking every bus, train, theater, facility etc

//end-sarcasm.

More keywords are being peppered in the MSM

1. They used "assault" weapons like AK47s.

2. They "reloaded" multiple times

3. We could "just walk into theater by showing ticket only. Poor security".

I guess no one told the scumbags about French laws on firearms. And I guess we all need TSA checking every bus, train, theater, facility etc

//end-sarcasm.

I even noted that Shepard Smith of Fox news kept calling the AK's "semi-automatic." I seriously doubt these folks had "semi-automatic" AK47's.... :facepalm:

I have said this multiple times. Terrorists have moved to Guerilla Warfare techniques LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. Thanks to liberal policies they are everywhere in Europe as they are in rest of the world including our own Country.

Anyone (specially NJ) who thinks they will disarm Citizens, eliminate rights and fight such Guerilla Warfare techniques with massive Govt forces ought to have their HEADS CHECKED if they have one.

The problem is not going away anytime soon. It will be here as long as certain groups believe in perpetuating the problem, taking Citizen rights away and making people sitting ducks.

Free, self sufficient Citizens with 2A are THE BEST defence againt nutjobs.

First and foremost this is truly a tragic event. My heart is heavy.

But how could this happen? Isn't France a gun free zone?

I read that their magazine limit for a semi auto pistol is 3 rounds. Every gun there requires a separate license  along with a hunting or range membership license.

I have said this multiple times. Terrorists have moved to Guerilla Warfare techniques LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. Thanks to liberal policies they are everywhere in Europe as they are in rest of the world including our own Country.

Anyone (specially NJ) who thinks they will disarm Citizens, eliminate rights and fight such Guerilla Warfare techniques with massive Govt forces ought to have their HEADS CHECKED if they have one.

The problem is not going away anytime soon. It will be here as long as certain groups believe in perpetuating the problem, taking Citizen rights away and making people sitting ducks.

Free, self sufficient Citizens with 2A are THE BEST defence againt nutjobs.

+1,000.000!!! 

But their laws prevent handgrenades and full auto ak's.

Good point Zeke! Further proof that criminals do NOT follow gun laws and the only people hurt by such laws are the innocent!!!

I guess Thomas Jefferson may have been right all along and the left just ignore that fact!!!  The truth is the truth! Here and abroad! Where did out forefathers like Jefferson learn that truth? Not in the USA for sure!

They learned their lessons from places like France and England and warned us to protect against invaders! They wrote The Constitution of the United States to protect us from what is now happening in England

and Europe!!!

The Constitution IS THE LAW OF OUR LAND! Shame on us if we sit back and allow it to become but a brief passage in our futures history books!

I took an oath to defend the Constitution when I joined the military.! So did every public official and every single politician and LEO in this great country! We all have an obligation to defend that Constitution! If we do, we won't become France, Germany or England! If we choose to ignore our oath and our Constitution, we deserve the misfortunes that are sure to befall on us for that grave mistake!!!!

ISIS is a powerful force of pure evil and they may well consume all or most of Europe in due time! I pray this is not he case and that ISIS is defeated in Europe! The future of ISIS there is mostly up to the governments of their separate nations. The people, mostly unarmed are at the mercy of their leaders! Our future is in OUR hands! This is where the lessons learned by or forefathers guaranteed our rights not to become victims by adding their names to our Great Constitution!!!

I even noted that Shepard Smith of Fox news kept calling the AK's "semi-automatic." I seriously doubt these folks had "semi-automatic" AK47's.... :facepalm:

Although I doubt it myself as well, I would not rule it out. I believe they are legal there.

I read that their magazine limit for a semi auto pistol is 3 rounds. Every gun there requires a separate license  along with a hunting or range membership license.

Can you provide a cite for this? For my information, I'm not challenging you. I've talked to many gun owners in France and looked into their laws a bit and never heard of a mag limit. They own AR-15s, but they are generally chambered in .222. They have a ban on some military calibers, which is somewhat common around the world. France, most of Europe, much of the Orient, Mexico, India, probably some of Central and South America just as a guess. This common worldwide practice is to prevent government military units from confiscating ammunition or even arms from the civilian population for the purposes of a military coup. It's gun control for the government. The practice was championed by Commonwealth colonies and somehow spread.

Although I doubt it myself as well, I would not rule it out. I believe they are legal there.

Can you provide a cite for this? For my information, I'm not challenging you. I've talked to many gun owners in France and looked into their laws a bit and never heard of a mag limit. They own AR-15s, but they are generally chambered in .222. They have a ban on some military calibers, which is somewhat common around the world. France, most of Europe, much of the Orient, Mexico, India, probably some of Central and South America just as a guess. This common worldwide practice is to prevent government military units from confiscating ammunition or even arms from the civilian population for the purposes of a military coup. It's gun control for the government. The practice was championed by Commonwealth colonies and somehow spread.

Wikipedia.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation#France

France[edit]

Main article: Gun politics in France

In France, to buy a firearm, a hunting licence or a shooting sport license is necessary. All semi-automatic rifles with a capacity greater than 3 rounds, all handguns and all rifles chambered in 'military' calibres, including bolt action, require permits. These are known as B1, B2 and B4 type permits. Firearms are divided into eight categories that determine the regulations that apply to their possession and use. France also sets limits on the number of cartridges that can be kept at home (1000 rounds per gun). The total number of firearms owned by an individual is also subject to limits (not possible to have more than 12 authorizations/permits on B1, B2 and B4 type firearms).[95] As of September, 2013, France has a capacity limit of 20 rounds for handguns;[96] one needs a permit for category one[clarification needed] semi-automatics that have a capacity greater than 3 rounds. Fully automatic firearms are illegal for civilian ownership.      

I may have misread it Mipa, It appears 20 rounds for handguns but a category one permit is needed for semi auto handguns with a capacity greater than 3 rounds! Since I have never seen a handgun that can hold more than 20 rounds without being semi-automatic,  I do not understand that law!

Either way, if we lived in France, we both might just be a little over the allowed ammo per gun limits!!!!!

Damned good thing they dont have ccw there like we have in jersey. Oh ok. Were f'd. Hey y'all. Just remember situational awareness to save your asses.

Ok, so in the PRNJ my situational awareness tells me I am about to get Fd! So I either run faster than my assailant or I get Fd anyway, right???

Perhaps I should carry a jar of Vaseline at my age!!!

JohnnyB,

they have that stuff. It seems like the military cal is the bigger issue. Maybe that is somewhere in the B1 through B4 license that is not defined.

You need a license for every pistol you buy. NY needs a license just to own one. There are differences, and everybody has different opinions, but I don't think they are that far off from Jersey. My primary criteria is whether or not you can have a gun when you leave the house. You guys are on a level playing field with France. After that complete unacceptable deal killer, they can own pretty much the same guns as you and probably wait just as long for the 30 day licenses with a couple more hoops thrown in.

Or maybe I am completely off-base. Just the way I look at it.

Damned good thing they dont have ccw there like we have in jersey. Oh ok. Were f'd. Hey y'all. Just remember situational awareness to save your asses.

They have pretty much the same CCW as we do in Jersey, perhaps slightly better. But not by much either way.

Well said Newtonian! But I must ask a question! Who will defend us when the terrorists hit home?

Ever hear of 9/11/01? They've already hit, and there are 10x as many today as there were 14 years ago.

I can't say how this will play out in the USA. I can only guess that it will be different here than in Europe where the population is essentially defenseless. A European civil war could become very ugly very quickly. And guess who, in mostly gun-free countries, will be armed?

We still have 30+ million people who like most of us are capable of squeezing the trigger and hitting something. Remember, the Japanese were reluctant to invade because they'd find a rifle "behind every blade of grass." How that translates to an asymmetric war, where they readily blow up a concert hall or shoot shoppers in a mall and run away or sacrifice themselves, but are afraid to engage our military or citizens directly, I don't know. 

Ever hear of 9/11/01? They've already hit, and there are 10x as many today as there were 14 years ago.

I can't say how this will play out in the USA. I can only guess that it will be different here than in Europe where the population is essentially defenseless. A European civil war could become very ugly very quickly. And guess who, in mostly gun-free countries, will be armed?

We still have 30+ million people who like most of us are capable of squeezing the trigger and hitting something. Remember, the Japanese were reluctant to invade because they'd find a rifle "behind every blade of grass." How that translates to an asymmetric war, where they readily blow up a concert hall or shoot shoppers in a mall and run away or sacrifice themselves, but are afraid to engage our military or citizens directly, I don't know. 

On 9-11, a Tuesday, I was off that day and remember seeing the footage of the first hit on the WTC!  My first thought was OMG! What a terrible accident!!!! After seeing the second tower hit, (You will laugh) I began getting my guns and ammo together not knowing what would or could happen next! I remember my wife telling me I was crazy! They are not coming to our house! I did not care, and I kept all those guns at ready for many weeks after!!!

NEVER underestimate your enemy!!!!!

Hopefully, we too will not be disarmed when the need comes for us to defend ourselves and our country!!!!!!!!

I think the world knows how many guns are in civilian hands in the U.S. I also think that fact scares some potential invaders!  You might come in and take over the Government but you will never take over the people!

No one wants such a prolonged war with the casualties never ending!!!  Unless things change, we are the last country anyone would want to invade!! We should take great pride in that fact!

It could easily happen here.  More likely at Gun Free locations or states like NJ.  But I'd assume some sand sucking PoS is planning an event already.

And I don't think people like Sweeny would be moved to push through CCW if this happened.  More likely they'll blame guns and try for the whole enchilada and ban all firearms.