WJFortier

Cleaning Weapons on back deck after range?

I don't see a problem with cleaning, carrying, fondling or talking to your firearm anywhere within the boundary of your property. I doubt many people would notice you cleaning a long gun on your deck anyway. If anyone asks you about it, that's probably a good thing. Maybe they'll learn something real about "scary black guns".

No, the ignorant will call the police because the neighbor has a machine gun in his backyard. Then the police will know you have an AR. That's all fine and dandy

if you want the world to know your business. That is why I sold all of my guns except for a bolt action .22.

I shot a nude model outside of LV last year. We were shooting on her favorite location right off a highway; any driver on the road could see us in plain view. I asked if she is bothered by it or did it cause any problems. She answered that by the time drivers process what they saw they are already far away and not sure what exactly they saw. She did not care and she never had any problems from passersby.

You are fine and safe (until somebody call swat on you).

This is a great pics or it doesn't count situation

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No, the ignorant will call the police because the neighbor has a machine gun in his backyard. Then the police will know you have an AR. That's all fine and dandy

if you want the world to know your business. That is why I sold all of my guns except for a bolt action .22.

They can call the Marines if they like. Maybe we can all go shooting together.

Wait a second... You sold all of your guns....why?

They can call the Marines if they like. Maybe we can all go shooting together.

Wait a second... You sold all of your guns....why?

Because these boards are being bought up by antis. We need to stop broadcasting to the entire world what we have

and show pics to boot!

That is why I sold all of my guns!

Because these boards are being bought up by antis. We need to stop broadcasting to the entire world what we have

and show pics to boot!

That is why I sold all of my guns!

Ah.....

I get it. But I disagree that this is a concern. If Mayors Against Guns or whoever they are, compiles a list of who they believe owns guns, it buys them nothing. Their list would be inaccurate and close to useless. Especially compared with the list the govt already maintains. Anyone really believe NICS check activity doesn't live on somewhere? The point being, that sort of information has far more reliable sources. To be used as a confiscation tool is unlikely in my opinion. To be used as a harassment tool, that's for more likely. But.... I doubt they would sift posts. They'd more likely just publish the suspected identities of all of the members. To that I say... Take your best shot folks. Harassing gun owners or vandalizing their homes is probably unwise.

Also, to get that real ID info, they would have to get non-public information from ISPs. If that info is being handed over to any political group, we have entered into a state of tyranny... A la...Venezuela. Should that arrive here in the good ole' US of A... Michael Bloomberg and George Soros are of little relative concern compared to what requires our full attention.

OK here we go I will be chastised and ripped but I don't care.

The reason NJ  gun laws are so bad is because so few care, so many cave first chance they get. I was on another NJ board for years about a decade ago and some were so freaken scared the board just went defunct. Every few weeks somone else was selling their guns or just not shooting any longer. Really how can a man live in such fear in the US of America. If that's the way you look at guns do like the poster above, sell them and take up badminton or what ever the STATE TELLS YOU you can do because you can't do much else anymore.

I left NJ years ago one was firearms the other in the town I lived in you couldn't even start a dirt bike in your own garage without 6 police cars showing up. I had several pig roast a year by the time I left you needed a permit, yes the law showed the last one I had looking for a permit. Just like here with guns when we got together and tried fighting some of the ordinances most of my neighbors caved and just sold the bikes, REALLY to live such a life is just pathetic. We would reload all winter long and shoot in the summer about 8-10 of us, by the time I left there was three of us.

I was one of the dunces who gathered signatures back during the con Whitman's term, SO MANY even back then just said oh it's not worth it. You know folks you can't live your life in fear everyday, what's next your pool is to big so you have to fill it in 6", or your trampoline bounces to high no more then  3" bounce.
Just don't get it. One example is where I live now they tried to put in a government run outdoor range that we were were initially told was to be open to the public. Once it was started that changed. Every neighbor fought it and it didn't get built as it was supposed to be. Did they build one? Yes but on our (the neighbors) terms.

OK here we go I will be chastised and ripped but I don't care.

The reason NJ  gun laws are so bad is because so few care, so many cave first chance they get. I was on another NJ board for years about a decade ago and some were so freaken scared the board just went defunct. Every few weeks somone else was selling their guns or just not shooting any longer. Really how can a man live in such fear in the US of America. If that's the way you look at guns do like the poster above, sell them and take up badminton or what ever the STATE TELLS YOU you can do because you can't do much else anymore.

I left NJ years ago one was firearms the other in the town I lived in you couldn't even start a dirt bike in your own garage without 6 police cars showing up. I had several pig roast a year by the time I left you needed a permit, yes the law showed the last one I had looking for a permit. Just like here with guns when we got together and tried fighting some of the ordinances most of my neighbors caved and just sold the bikes, REALLY to live such a life is just pathetic. We would reload all winter long and shoot in the summer about 8-10 of us, by the time I left there was three of us.

I was one of the dunces who gathered signatures back during the con Whitman's term, SO MANY even back then just said oh it's not worth it. You know folks you can't live your life in fear everyday, what's next your pool is to big so you have to fill it in 6", or your trampoline bounces to high no more then  3" bounce.

Just don't get it. One example is where I live now they tried to put in a government run outdoor range that we were were initially told was to be open to the public. Once it was started that changed. Every neighbor fought it and it didn't get built as it was supposed to be. Did they build one? Yes but on our (the neighbors) terms.

At least he "sold" them instead of losing them in a boating accident.

^^^^^It's a sad state of affairs and once again proves the "pussification" of the Northeast.  You poor NJ shooters would rather sell your guns and hide in the shadows that stand and fight for what's right!  

I have the antidote!  It's available for just $50 and includes a T-shirt!  Go here and buy yours right away!

http://www.cnjfo.com/store then scroll to you see JOIN! 

• Like 2

I always was partial to the smell of g96, that gets me in the mood.

I did laser bore sight an ak across my back yard after i replaced the front sight to make sure i would be on paper when i took it out. That coukd have been fun to explain.

Btw any pictures of that model to see if i can process what i saw?

^^^^^It's a sad state of affairs and once again proves the "pussification" of the Northeast.  You poor NJ shooters would rather sell your guns and hide in the shadows that stand and fight for what's right!  

I have the antidote!  It's available for just $50 and includes a T-shirt!  Go here and buy yours right away!

http://www.cnjfo.com/store then scroll to you see JOIN! 

Who sold their guns?

My whole point was to remind people that what they post here can come back to bite you! Not that it will, simply that it could!

Say my father and grandfather had a lot of nice guns an I got them upon their death. Say I have guns I purchased years ago while living in another state

from now defunct dealers or private sales. So lets say I have some like this, LEGALLY but with no paper trail leading back to me. To me and I think most of us,

these types are the best to have.

Now I name them all in a post of "what I took to the range today" or post pics of them in another post. Am I not creating a trail from the gun to me that never before existed?

Am I not stupid for doing so voluntarily?

No tin foil hat involved. Only common sense!

Who sold their guns?

My whole point was to remind people that what they post here can come back to bite you! Not that it will, simply that it could!

Say my father and grandfather had a lot of nice guns an I got them upon their death. Say I have guns I purchased years ago while living in another state

from now defunct dealers or private sales. So lets say I have some like this, LEGALLY but with no paper trail leading back to me. To me and I think most of us,

these types are the best to have.

Now I name them all in a post of "what I took to the range today" or post pics of them in another post. Am I not creating a trail from the gun to me that never before existed?

Am I not stupid for doing so voluntarily?

No tin foil hat involved. Only common sense!

^^^Totally cool with your opinion.  Most folks that are "dry behind the ears" have a few "off-the-books" pieces, myself included.  Some here keep everything "close to the vest" and others give you a list of everything they own in their signatures, so it runs the gamut, lol!

Some folks that "play show and tell" here have multiple layers of home security with motion-sensor lights, pit bulls, concealment furniture, safes bolted to the floor, or entire reinforced rooms (walk-in) for their safes.  So you never know what or how many layers of security some of the members here have put into place :)

I did laser bore sight an ak across my back yard after i replaced the front sight to make sure i would be on paper when i took it out. That coukd have been fun to explain.

A true rebel ;)

It's legal. Why would he worry regardless if his neighbors are nosey or anti's? Serious question. No one should give a shit what their "neighbors" think about their personal beliefs. Do you actually think your neighbor cares about your personal beliefs? I highly doubt so.

I get it. I agree with you. Who needs the anti neighbor that will tell the cops "he has weapons", "he pointed them at me", etc. My neighbor thankfully doesn't care. :)  Not that they can see through the 6' foot fence either. 

Btw any pictures of that model to see if i can process what i saw?

A true rebel ;)

Are you saying its a bad idea to laser bore sight your rifle on a neighbor's outside vinyl siding..... 'cause it's easy to pick up the red dot on such a big open surface....  or something like that.... hypothetical speaking of course....

Not that those things are worth a S%$# anyway....

OK, I'll post I have all the most terrible kinds of guns. Just like 90%+ of the people in my county. Heck, the Monday after Thanksgiving, Pennsylvania deploys the 6th largest armed force in the entire world just to kill Bambie, in one day.

I understand cops and subjects in Jersey are sensitive about guns nowadays, but this type of attitude is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I'll play devil's advocate here.

This guy in Edison had some really high end stuff. Flaunted it on Facebook and such. Ended up getting robbed blind:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_136/1446291_.html

Thieves in Hampton, VA are targeting gun owners:

http://wavy.com/2016/05/22/police-thieves-target-gun-owners-in-hampton/

I see guys with "I DON'T DIAL 911" stickers and what not. It's cool but there's nothing wrong with being discrete, not advertising, being the gray man, opsec and all that good stuff.

The problem with baiting is that you need to be there when someone enters the trap.

• Like 1

True enough I guess WTF. Facebook is a medium more likely to lead to locating your residence. This forum, not so much. Except for maybe the vendors. But I'd expect them all to have a decent security system and everything locked up tight.