CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

8 minutes ago, nooch450 said:

I tried to email them from an @gmx.com account. I have a Yahoo and Gmail account however I figured it would be best to email them from the email address that I put on my application...

I'd not heard of that domain before, did a quick search and see it's based in Germany. The IP Address is from there as well. Maybe the NJSP server did block it based on that?

I'd try sending from one of your other accounts, or try to call them. 

Edit to add.... did you include your case number as well? I had that in the subject line of the email. Probably not required, but if it makes it easier for them to look me up, that much better. 

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

I'd not heard of that domain before, did a quick search and see it's based in Germany. The IP Address is from there as well. Maybe the NJSP server did block it based on that?

I'd try sending from one of your other accounts, or try to call them. 

Edit to add.... did you include your case number as well? I had that in the subject line of the email. Probably not required, but if it makes it easier for them to look me up, that much better. 

I am going to try to contact the court again tomorrow to see if they got my application. If they didn't I will try to email again from another account. I wasn't able to find the phone number for the FIU in Trenton. My application was submitted 7/29.

4 hours ago, samiam said:

That is beyond unacceptable conduct on the part of NJSP Hamilton. You should get Strike Force involved with this immediately!!! Woodbine station is a 10 minute drive for me. I have paid them two in-person visits so far, and, in addition to contacting Strike Force, I plan another visit when my 60 days is exceeded on Monday. I submitted on 8/9, my money order remains uncashed, and no references have been contacted. Care to share the email for Hamilton? It is possible that there is a pattern to it that could be extrapolated to determine email addresses for the other NJSP stations. While face-to-face interaction is satisfying, I would also very much like to have a record of conversations with Woodbine personnel beyond hand-written notes that I assert to be accurate. Thanks.

ADDED: NM, I found the directory for station firearms email addresses:

NJSP Firearms Application & Registration System (FARS) ORI List

Forgive my ignorance, but why are you contacting the NJSP?  Is that who you're supposed to follow up with after a certain period instead of your local PD?

1 minute ago, joeg said:

Forgive my ignorance, but why are you contacting the NJSP?  Is that who you're supposed to follow up with after a certain period instead of your local PD?

Some of us don't have local police departments because we live in small town NJ. We have to apply for our FID cards, P2Ps, and Carry Permits through the NJSP....

• Like 1

My man @galapoola really trying to make us permitless peasants squirm lmao

If you don't want to type a detailed account of what you actually received, can you maybe react to this post with a check mark of "Agree" if you have indeed:

Received your permit with absolutely zero court order or other written document, with no explanation of any type of restrictions whatsoever, and the only document Toms River PD handed you was the actual permit you shared a screenshot of.

This information would be of great importance and appreciation to the many of us here who have been sharing information along the way of this entire process.

Thank you in advance for your participation and clarification, good sir/madamme.

17 minutes ago, Lucky Lefty said:

My man @galapoola really trying to make us permitless peasants squirm lmao

If you don't want to type a detailed account of what you actually received, can you maybe react to this post with a check mark of "Agree" if you have indeed:

Received your permit with absolutely zero court order or other written document, with no explanation of any type of restrictions whatsoever, and the only document Toms River PD handed you was the actual permit you shared a screenshot of.

This information would be of great importance and appreciation to the many of us here who have been sharing information along the way of this entire process.

Thank you in advance for your participation and clarification, good sir/madamme.

If he's decent hell just post a picture of the court order. The fact that hes avoiding showing the court order tells me that he did get a court order with all the restrictions on it but is pretending he has an "unrestricted permit" because he plans to carry normally and deny that he got the court order if he gets caught carrying while driving or something. It's a disservice to everyone else though because strikeforce needs this to help actually stop it.

Edited by Liverandonions1
  • FacePalm 1

Just a note about those going through NJSP - the barracks told me that the permit has to go back to FIU from the court and then back to the barracks. No idea why other than they want to examine it and add to their records. Either way this does add some delay and potential for cock-ups like they did with Mr Stu’s permit. 

Still waiting. Any day now. 

14 minutes ago, samiam said:

No offense intended to you, but I really don't giving a flying flagellation what stupid internal routing they feel they need to follow, that is their problem, it in no way absolves them of hte 60 day requirement. 

Totally agree. Just documenting what the experience is 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I like how everyone on here counts days and pounds their chest like they are actually going to do anything about any of these delays and/or processes.  You have lived in NJ for years if not your whole life and if it were not for some BALLER from NY taking his case all the way to SCOTUS, you’d still be grumbling how it sucks not to be able to carry in NJ.  STFU and wait your turn.  

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 3

A nonresident applicant I know we’ll have me his dates

fingerprinted - 8/9/22 identigo willow grove pa 

submitted to Woodstown state police- 8/15/22

references called - 9/25-26-27 one each day.. not missed calls etc 

Money order not cashed as of 10/7/22 

no letters emails or other attempts of contact to him directly from any agency/court etc

1 hour ago, JRT said:

I like how everyone on here counts days and pounds their chest like they are actually going to do anything about any of these delays and/or processes.  You have lived in NJ for years if not your whole life and if it were not for some BALLER from NY taking his case all the way to SCOTUS, you’d still be grumbling how it sucks not to be able to carry in NJ.  STFU and wait your turn.  

New Jersey tried to take it to the Supreme Court but the Supreme Court would not hear the case. 
That turned out to be a good thing as the New York case was stronger for the following reasons. 1) NY issued permits based on Zip codes. Low crime Zip Code yes, High crime Zip Code no; and,  2) The record showed that New York’s laws were enacted to prevent certain ethnic groups (e.g. Italians) from carrying guns; 

1 hour ago, JRT said:

No grumbling here… I’ve been fighting with lawyers and my local state assembly and senate reps at my side and getting results. You can continue to “STFU and wait your turn.” 

15 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

Well now you can carry your firearm and the required documents in a nice 1980s briefcase. Imagine that. Why even issue a "card" permit? 

As long as your not driving or a passenger in/on a Motorized vehicle (dependant on agency/judge) not in a Resturant that is licensed to sell alcohol (again dependant) on public transportation (again dependant) no malls or business without permission? ….and must be carrying a card and an 8.5”X11” piece of paper ….. so you can ride a bike to? ….. well where can you carry? Park? Probably not…. Seemingly it definately allows you to carry while getting your mail from your box in front of your house lol

I am in Ocean County. I submitted my application in Berkeley Township on July 6th. The township notified me 3 weeks ago that the application was sent to the Court. I have heard nothing yet.

3 month process so far.

Edited by jbark
  • Like 1

Rumor that just came in over facebook:

I was just informed by a friend that works for the Toms River sheriff's department that he just spoke with the sheriff and he confirmed that the Ocean County judge Gizinski was just replaced yesterday. The restriction of not being able to carry while in your vehicle has been removed. Other restrictions may be coming off as well. Anyone in Ocean that has received their permit with the driving restriction must appeal it and have it removed. Looks like we're getting somewhere now!

Edit: According to another source, they called a Tom's River PD detective this morning, who verified it - Judge Guy P. Ryan will now be approving PTC permits.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

12 minutes ago, Jim Jones said:

Heads up fellas. We just called Gizinskis office.  The court order stands. Restrictions are still happening as is per the clerk. Wish it wasn’t true.

So to be specific - Gizinski will continue to process PTC's, and will be the only Ocean county judge to process PTC's?

It's already known that previous orders issued by Gizinski will remain in effect until appealed or rescinded.