https://www.federalpremium.com/rimfire/personal-defense-punch-rimfire/11-PD22L1.html

This is probably the best 22lr defensive round I have seen so far.

Not sure of the guns, I've never looked for a conceal carry 22lr so not entirely sure what is out there. As with most 22s though, reliability is heavily tied to the ammo used...

-Jim

• Like 1

11 hours ago, almiz111 said:

Anybody have any info...

Is there a semi auto 22LR handgun suitable for CCW?  Obviously also would need a suitable holster.

Tnx.

No, that's just a sure way to get yourself killed.

But, if you absolutely have to use 22lr for a CCW gun, get a 22lr revolver, it won't jam. S&W 317. 

While a 22 pistol is not ideal for self defense, if it's the only cartridge one can put all 10 in the x-ring, it's the best choice for that individual.  No point in flailing around with a 357 magnum if the shooter can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn.    Biggest drawback is winter and meth addicts.

Some people I know from another forum carry 22lr and 22mag, and they are okay with their choice.  They know it wont "blow the lungs out of the body" but are confident it will stop most carjackings or assaults.  After all, stopping the threat is the objective.  One uses a Ruger  revolver (I forget which) with a bobbed hammer, the other two carry Ruger's SR22 because it feels full size.  Ammo choice makes a big difference.  Paul Harrell did a few videos on the topic.

• Agree 1

I am fortunate to have one of the (few?) Phoenix hp22's that functions.  It's the same size as a keltec p3at, at least twice as heavy, but it was $100 and it works, so that's a win for me.  I hit the target at 50 yards with it a few times too, which was nice.

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

In my mind, there are already too many small, completely concealable 9mm/.40 pistols on the market to even consider carrying a .22. 

True but not everybody can control a small 9 or .40 . . . If, for example, a small framed woman like my mother, is going to end up spraying .380 rounds all over the street during a carjacking, she (and everyone else) might be better off if she carried a .22.

26 minutes ago, EdF said:

True but not everybody can control a small 9 or .40 . . . If, for example, a small framed woman like my mother, is going to end up spraying .380 rounds all over the street during a carjacking, she (and everyone else) might be better off if she carried a .22.

Indeed.

Given the choice of .22lr or nothing, I'd go with the .22lr

• Like 1
  • Agree 1