ClownBaby

I have an FID, GF does NOT want gun here, help please!

I got an fid and pistol permit but my gf is hesitant to the gun idea (brainwashed by a few people). so i want to take her this weekend to a range to shoot some guns and clear up the misconceptions and let her experience it for herself. i have been shooting in other states and you do not need a firearm there, they let you rent a gun ($10-$20 per gun).

Any places in NJ and PA that do this? I dont have a gun yet b/c of the flack i am catching from my girlfriend so i dont have a gun to use for a few hours.

Thanks guys!

If you are closer to PA, in the central/lower Bucks area, you have Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA and Target World in Chalfont, PA - they both rent.

It appears that you may have a future choice to make. Good luck!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

if you really like shooting and she does not come around real quick you have 3 choices

1 you can give up guns and learn to enjoy hgtv and opra

2 break up spend date night money on ammo

3 keep girl and only rent guns use them then sneak home

at brick armory you can rent various guns and get some instruction girl friends dont always listen to boy friends so an out sider is better at times

Shore Shots has a wide selection of guns you can try out; I really, really liked that about SS when I was trying to figure out my first purchase. Brick Armory also has some you can try out, though its mostly Glocks. I'm sure a nice fellow with a "cache" (haha, I had to) wouldn't mind meeting up with you and your girlfriend to maybe help break the ice... and bad perceptions of guns and gun owners.

I'm no Dr. Phil, but there's no reason to participate in something like being a gun owner behind a significant other's back. Nor is an activity like being a gun owner a reason to not be with someone either. Bad perceptions (regardless of which side of the debate you come from) are products of ignorance. With the proper education, maybe things can change... which seems like what you're trying to do right now.

i took my wife to sunset ridge before we went. i liked it. a little expensive. but the best part is you get a personal "guide" so my wife never got mad by me "telling" her what to do. it made it much more relaxing for her and me since there was no tension.

Well you can kill two birds with one stone. Take her up to the Poconos (Camelback) for a weekend. Do whatever she wants like shopping at the crossings outlets blah blah. Then suddenly *find* a shooting range close by (5 min) that lets you rent guns. And tell her you would like to go check it out. The people there are very friendly with female staffers and she should feel comfortable and hopefully gives it a shot. It worked for me.

http://sunsethill.slvrcreek.com/home.htm

You just have to use their ammo which can get costly, but the upside is that you can shoot guns not allowed in NJ.

This weekend will be tough, But another weekend or weeknight I could meet you at BA and bring some tame guns for her to shoot. If she is willing, I can make it fun for her and it may be a little easier for you having someone else show her how to shoot. It can be frustrating for the both of you if she is nervous and you lose patience. Been there done that.

My wife has been my shooting partner for many years. There is nothing better than sharing your hobby with the woman you love or plan on marrying.

Let a ... ahem ... *expert* give you some advice on relationships ( :lol: ). Relationships are all about compromise. You must find a happy medium. I'm going to give you a quick little example. I am a huge fan of Howard Stern since his early wxrk days. I always said to myself I would not marry anyone who was not a fan. NOT because of him per say, but rather his brand of "life" and outspoken personality if you will. I can not live with someone who is uptight and doesn't "get" his show. My wife never really listened to him before she met me. Long story short, she loves him now, listens all the time. That said, my point is this, if she is not willing to compromise and at least go with you to the range to see what it is all about then what lies down the road? If you like a certain car and she doesn't are you not allowed to buy it?? Has she told you why she doesn't like guns? Is she just on the fence about it? Is it an absolute NO!? Perhaps you can un-brainwash her? Maybe tell her how much you care for her and want to be able to defend you two in case something bad should happen? You may want to show her this thread.

Best thing is to go out with people who share common interests with shooting and your

girlfriend. The two will eventually come together. Have a good time. ;)

lol umm thanks for relationship advice.

she is all about going shooting but just does not want a gun in the house (ya doesn't make sense). right now im just trying to find a decent place to go shooting. maybe when she holds one in her hand and fires off some rounds she will be more open to one in the house.

got brainwashed by some ultra liberal people she knows.

any experience with Firing Line in Philadelphia?

Not in years (used to shoot IPSC there in the 80's), but if you are that close, make the little extra trip to Classic Pistol or Ready, Aim, Fire in Bristol - they both rent. South Phila Archery may also rent, but I'm not sure.

See if she is open to having a gun in the house if you have a small safe.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Let a ... ahem ... *expert* give you some advice on relationships ( :lol: ). Relationships are all about compromise. You must find a happy medium. I'm going to give you a quick little example. I am a huge fan of Howard Stern since his early wxrk days. I always said to myself I would not marry anyone who was not a fan. NOT because of him per say, but rather his brand of "life" and outspoken personality if you will. I can not live with someone who is uptight and doesn't "get" his show. My wife never really listened to him before she met me. Long story short, she loves him now, listens all the time. That said, my point is this, if she is not willing to compromise and at least go with you to the range to see what it is all about then what lies down the road? If you like a certain car and she doesn't are you not allowed to buy it?? Has she told you why she doesn't like guns? Is she just on the fence about it? Is it an absolute NO!? Perhaps you can un-brainwash her? Maybe tell her how much you care for her and want to be able to defend you two in case something bad should happen? You may want to show her this thread.

That makes sense. Even though it's from bababuoye!

The Bullet Hole (up north for you south guys) runs several "First Shots" during the year where the take noobs and introduce them nice and slow to shooting. Furthermore, they also run "Ladies Days" periodically where they do the same thing just for women.

An education that progresses slowly will get you much farther than attempting to force your point.

And despite what the other guys have said, compromise really IS the key to a successful relationship.