Don't Tread On Me

What's your favorite 9mm?

Sig p226 for sure but out of my price range and seems they are hard to find used in 9mm used. I plan on buy a Beretta 92fs for my first gun.As soon as my fid and pp's are done.

Thats what I got. I would recommend it to pretty much anyone. Well unless you have very small hands.

Sig p226 for sure but out of my price range and seems they are hard to find used in 9mm used. I plan on buy a Beretta 92fs for my first gun.As soon as my fid and pp's are done.

Try out a TON of different guns before you buy your first. I cannot stress that enough. I tried a lot and so many just plain did not feel right in my hand.

• Like 1

And even more so...make sure you FIRE the gun. Just because it feels good in your hands DOES NOT mean you will like the way it fires. I have held several guns that felt comfortable, but just did not feel comfortable when fired. As stated above, this CANNOT be stated enough.

Taurus 92AFS in SS, waiting for possession; essentially identical to Beretta 92FS / M9 with select years of manufacture (after plant was bought)

SIG 2022 in polymer frame, waiting for possession

Beretta 92FS / M9 (shot and like, but prefer Taurus' frame mounted decocker & safety)

CZ75D (shot one in .40 and I like the solid feel and ergo)

SIG 226/229 in all metal (want one)

Yes, too many choices, but I like them all! :icon_e_biggrin:

The only two I own now: G19 for its simple utility and an older German P226 back from when you could buy a new Sig for about $450 if you shopped around. Another nice shooting and accurate 9mm is the Walther P5. I found my friend's P5 to be a very impressive little gun. But my friend is also impressed with his and he refuses to sell it to me!

They say the older German non railed guns are where it's at. I don't own one yet, but I'm looking.

P226 is a great gun and shoulder not be overlooked because of price. They are easy to tear down and clean and all around one of the most reliable guns in the world. Zero issues with any of mine. You are more than welcome to shoot mine if you want. They are also easy to get used. They can be found for as low as $399 right now. They will be pre-loved and used but I wouldn't let that stop me.

P30L for the reasons listed above. Absolutely superior ergonomics, great trigger if you get it tweaked by Grey Guns or Bill Springfield, but still passable out of the box. Very little felt recoil, excellent accuracy, INVINCIBLE (check ToddG's torture test, your P30L will outlive you). Very easy to clean and maintain as well.

That being said, you cannot go wrong with a CZ or a Sig (stay away from the SigPro's, in fact, try and get a used example from the early 2000's/late 90's before they went MIM). I've also owned an HK P7 but owuld not recommend them to a rookie shooter.

P30L for the reasons listed above. Absolutely superior ergonomics, great trigger if you get it tweaked by Grey Guns or Bill Springfield, but still passable out of the box. Very little felt recoil, excellent accuracy, INVINCIBLE (check ToddG's torture test, your P30L will outlive you). Very easy to clean and maintain as well.

That being said, you cannot go wrong with a CZ or a Sig (stay away from the SigPro's, in fact, try and get a used example from the early 2000's/late 90's before they went MIM). I've also owned an HK P7 but owuld not recommend them to a rookie shooter.

The only negative I have about the p30/ p30l is the indent in the trigger guard. My finger would rub it and be slightly annoying. Not huge, but I would choose a sig over it. It is the best gripping polymer gun I have ever put in my hand.

• Like 1

I don't know if I'd term this my favorite - I just think it has a very high "cool factor" - as my friend calls it, "It's like jewelry for your pocket."

dsc00801u.jpg

Kahr MK9

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Another vote for the HK P30L. The changeable side panels and backstraps allow the user to custom fit their grip. ToddG's torture test just reinforced my decision. That was more rounds than I would ever fire in 3 lifetimes! There are a lot of great suggestions here. You need to handle and fire as many as you can to find the one that is most comfortable for you. Keep us posted as to what you decide.

They say the older German non railed guns are where it's at. I don't own one yet, but I'm looking.

P226 is a great gun and shoulder not be overlooked because of price. They are easy to tear down and clean and all around one of the most reliable guns in the world. Zero issues with any of mine. You are more than welcome to shoot mine if you want. They are also easy to get used. They can be found for as low as $399 right now. They will be pre-loved and used but I wouldn't let that stop me.

Thanks for the offer. I have shot a 226 at a range in NC. Out of all the guns I shot, the sig was my favorite. I would love to get a 226 for 399 if I found a 226 cpo in 9mm for 399 I would buy today and just have the shop hold it for me. Could you please point me in a direction as to where I could find a cheaper one. I mean I wouldnt mind paying 600 for a cpo 226 in 9mm but I cant find one and as long as its not too old.

Thank you

I would love to get a 226 for 399 if I found a 226 cpo in 9mm for 399 I would buy today and just have the shop hold it for me. Could you please point me in a direction as to where I could find a cheaper one.

How about a .40 S&W?

http://www.ombexpress.com/c_0/p_UG136.aspx

Walther P99 AS anyone? To me the AS trigger variant is a really nice evolution of DA/SA. In "AS mode" the first shot is a long pull like DA minus the unbearable weight (same weight as SA) followed up by short light SA mode. This Walther model seems overlooked quite often!

I have shot a P22 before, and loved the feel.....just didnt like the size. I have been wanting to shoot a P99 but have NOT been able to find a place that rents them. Only basing it on pistols that I have actually handled myself, as I think thats the only fair way to rate, my vote still sticks with the 92FS. I would still like to fire a P99 someday though.

Glock 19 as far as a service pistol goes.

Perfect balance of size, capacity, weight, and its idiot proof!

And "Idiot Proof" has a lot to be said for it. Booger Picker on the Bang Switch and away you go.

A REAL IMPORTANT thing to remember and to teach those with limited traning is,THERE IS NO MAGAZINE SAFETY!

And "Idiot Proof" has a lot to be said for it. Booger Picker on the Bang Switch and away you go.

A REAL IMPORTANT thing to remember and to teach those with limited traning is,THERE IS NO MAGAZINE SAFETY!

Thats why I like it!

No safety to fail, no safety to be accidently hit on, no safety to be accidently left on when you dont want it to...

And part of the idiot proof is also in the take down and cleaning. You CANNOT mess it up its so easy lol.

Fine choices listed so far - but my favorite 9mm pistol is the Ruger P89.

This was my first firearm, so it is special to me for sentimental reasons. But besides that, it has to be one of the most reliable pistols out there. I have had ZERO problems with mine, and have heard the same thing on every review that I have ever read. It eats any ammo you feed it, is built like a tank, and is surprisingly accurate. Not to mention it is extremely affordable. (I bought mine used for $299!) It's also very fun to shoot!! I'd trust it with my life, and it would certainly rank as my favorite 9mm.

+1

i just spent the whole day shooting it. and i got it yday 8) . i am more than satisfied. what a light trigger!!!!! pure sex 8)

Im with the 1911 crowd on this one , although that route is going to be a litlle pricey. Shannon has an XD thats will shoot anything you feed it . We'll have to take it to the range next time we go so you can take it for a spin!