Don't Tread On Me

What's your favorite 9mm?

I continue to count down the days until I can apply for my first PP. I have been doing a lot of research on handguns and have decided on a 9mm, for my first (mostly due to ammo cost). There are so many good choices out there and everyone seems to have a personal preference.

So...

What's your favorite 9mm and why?

Favorite as a Competition gun - Smith Wesson 1911 Pro Series 9mm.

A perfectly tuned 1911 gun for the range, the competition and overall a joy to shoot.

Favorite tactical - Hk P30L

Rugged, reliable, very easy to shoot, nice stock trigger, decocker on the back of the slide, very easy on the recoil. Very easy to clean polymer. It is a polymer that just doesnt feel like a polymer.

Very close up there, Browning High Powers, CZ clones.

my answer will be obvious, really. can ya guess? Beretta PX4 Storm. :D

reliable, light, easy on the recoil with the rotating barrel system, well priced, backstrap options to adjust to hand size and grip, picatinny rail, ehhhh it looks cool.... there's been a string of NJGF guys that just bought PX4's - I'll let them chime in.

Fine choices listed so far - but my favorite 9mm pistol is the Ruger P89.

This was my first firearm, so it is special to me for sentimental reasons. But besides that, it has to be one of the most reliable pistols out there. I have had ZERO problems with mine, and have heard the same thing on every review that I have ever read. It eats any ammo you feed it, is built like a tank, and is surprisingly accurate. Not to mention it is extremely affordable. (I bought mine used for $299!) It's also very fun to shoot!! I'd trust it with my life, and it would certainly rank as my favorite 9mm.

I love my M&P...

Excellent tactical pistol.

Accurate

Inexpensive

Runs flawless - nearing 5000 perfect rounds

Getting a HUGE following in the aftermarket

The only CON is most have a gritty trigger out of the box...... this will get better after 500+rds, or APEX is awesome for aftermarket upgrades to make the trigger what you want it to be...

As far as a beautiful looking 9mm.... I think the Beretta 92FS is one of the most beautiful 9mm's out there... I had one, but I sucked at shooting it, so I sold it..... I still regret it.

The HK P30L is a VERY comfortable pistol, but the trigger guard/mag release bites my finger.... but whenever one of our forum members is at the range who owns one, I always make it a point to shoot it.

my answer will be obvious, really. can ya guess? Beretta PX4 Storm. :D

reliable, light, easy on the recoil with the rotating barrel system, well priced, backstrap options to adjust to hand size and grip, picatinny rail, ehhhh it looks cool.... there's been a string of NJGF guys that just bought PX4's - I'll let them chime in.

+1 on the PX4 Storm. I compared it to sirsloop's Taurus PT92 - His is a lot heavier and has a heavier SA trigger pull. Ruger SR9... ugh that's a horrible trigger. Beretta 92/90-two are good. Glock 17/19 - very nice. The 19's a little small to be my primary, and I don't have big hands. The FNP9 and M&P 9mm didn't feel right to me but they're decent. Browning HP is nice but the styling isn't to my preference. USP's are nice, but if i'm paying the premium for a HK I'd rather get the .45.

It's all about what feels right to you.

Sit Down!! Are you Ready?

Browning High Power...

OK..... who are you?

..... and what did you do with Frank?

Really.. I carried a HP for 5 yrs and had the ultimate confidence in it, I shot it well and you become confident in it. But now things have changed. I'm not as sharp as I was in my 20's, can appreciate the lack of an external safety and still have internal ones. I share a defense gun with my wife and all GLOCKS are the same. So,the G34, 19 and 26 which we may use at anytime all operate the same. No training issues. Up until 5 years ago I relied on a HP but, now for a target, defense, carry gun I rely on GLOCKS.

The only two I own now: G19 for its simple utility and an older German P226 back from when you could buy a new Sig for about $450 if you shopped around. Another nice shooting and accurate 9mm is the Walther P5. I found my friend's P5 to be a very impressive little gun. But my friend is also impressed with his and he refuses to sell it to me!