dpas1973

Jersey Legal ak 47

Off the top of my head, the Zastava PAP is legal out of the box...but it takes single stack mags and they are relatively hard to come by. A Saiga 7.62 can be converted into an "AK" style gun. Other than that, my AK knowledge is limited. Other members will chime in for you.

any "ak" style rifle will be legal with proper mods. Link what your thinking about and we can chime in on if its legal, and if its not, what can be done to make it legal. Except for mags, anything can pretty much be made NJ legal. Welding brakes, removing bayonet lugs, welding/pinning stocks open, its all possible.

Guns014-2.jpg

Thats my NJ legal SAR-2. 5.45x39 with a nude muzzle and no lug(s) and a 15 round welded mag. Fun stuff :)

Henderson Defense has a lot of AK variants, and they will make sure it is NJ compliant before shipping. I have some of their blocked AR mags and i'm quite happy with them. i know of other folks who have bought guns and so far, i havent heard any complaints about quality or service.

Is there anywhere that sells the Saiga already "converted"? Where can I buy a Saiga to convert with all the parts if its extremely easy? *disclaimer - I am totally new to rifles

Hey GlennP - did you build that yourself or buy that here?

Thanks all!

Is there anywhere that sells the Saiga already "converted"? Where can I buy a Saiga to convert with all the parts if its extremely easy? *disclaimer - I am totally new to rifles

Thanks all!

I wouldn't say converting is "extremely easy" but it isn't rocket science either. the last time I was in your posted Home Range (ShoreShot) they had a few converted Sagias hanging on the wall...

Thanks all!

You can get Arsenal Ak rom k var that is jersey compliant. Most of their Aka that are in stock are based on saga anyway.

Thanks all!

I wouldn't say converting is "extremely easy" but it isn't rocket science either. the last time I was in your posted Home Range (ShoreShot) they had a few converted Sagias hanging on the wall...

Classicfirearms.com has already converted saigas, you'll just have to have them switch out the big mag for a 10 rounder.

And I would classify converting a saiga as extremely easy. There's really nothing at all to it. if you can watch a youtube video and follow basic instruction its very very easy.

Show me how you can make an arsenal from a saiga for cheaper than $800

Apples to apples. New gas block, FSB, cleaning rod, brake, the furniture with stainless steel heat sheilds, rivit on retainer, etc

you are %100 right.. if you care about all that cosmetic hoopla then yes... better to get an arsenal..

my Saiga gas bock works fine.. as does the FSB..

Ok, first off can some one please tell me how I am going to get a non NJ compliant AK and work on it myself? Did I miss something here?

I have both Arsenal and Saga and they both shoot nicely. I really don't mind the stock handguard (actually I like it more than standard ak allowing me to grab it further out ). But, not having that heat shied becomes very challenging experience after three mags ( no im not doing the hillbilly mag dump). I don't own a dremel tools nor do I have the time to tap the bullet guide and open up the mag well. For that Jersey compliant Arsenal works well.

This post is starting to look like many others. Hey let's all argue about this because I am smarter than you. My way is better, no, it is best. LOL.

So anyawy here is one real answer to the original queastion.

OFF THE SHELF NJ Legal Saiga AK from Arsenal, Las Vegas. Buy it from K-VAR or Shore Shot.

If you have less dough and like to build and create, then follow Vlad. Nothing wrong with that.

any "ak" style rifle will be legal with proper mods. Link what your thinking about and we can chime in on if its legal, and if its not, what can be done to make it legal. Except for mags, anything can pretty much be made NJ legal. Welding brakes, removing bayonet lugs, welding/pinning stocks open, its all possible.

Guns014-2.jpg

Thats my NJ legal SAR-2. 5.45x39 with a nude muzzle and no lug(s) and a 15 round welded mag. Fun stuff smile.gif

Glenn, the stain on that furniture is awesome!

Did you do it yourself?

i am building a 223 Saiga as we speak..

it MIGHT take AR15 magazines when I am done with it.. still undecided..

You can use both mags with that block that goes on the rifle.