PK90

New Series ‘American Guns’

He's not a member of the American Pistolsmiths Guild, which is a select group of premier builders. Yet he gets a TV show? A quick perusal of his website shows nothing special, just some menu options of canned run-of-the-mill services, so he must be a showman and a master at self-promotion. His GALLERY is a pictorial of who's-who of the celebrity world. I can't find pics of his gun work. I'm making an assumption here but he's no Hamilton Bowen either.

This new series smells HOLLYWOOD.

Ha, I bet the family was pretty much paid to dress her up in such a manner (or at least the producer thought it to be most prudent). And for the record, I wasn't defending her or the family's honor-- just wanted to warn our community before [anonymous] jaws started hitting the keyboard (which of course might have led to some inappropriate comments about an underage female).

Age of consent is 16 in Colorado, as it is in most states.

Oops - PK90 beat me to it.

I just picked up a DVR last week. I love this thing. No longer a slave to have to watch when they air the shows but when I can fit it in my schedule.

American Guns disc.jpgFamily Arms Rich and his team rebuild a 19th-century ``Knuckle Duster''; Rich needs all of his negotiation skills to pry Winchester rifles from an eccentric rancher.10 airings Tue 10/11 10:00PM - 11:00PM, CH 27 DISCTue 10/11 10:00PM - 11:00PM, CH 765 DSCHDWed 10/12 12:00AM - 1:00AM, CH 27 DISCWed 10/12 12:00AM - 1:00AM, CH 765 DSCHDSat 10/15 10:00PM - 11:00PM, CH 27 DISCSat 10/15 10:00PM - 11:00PM, CH 765 DSCHDSun 10/16 12:00AM - 1:00AM, CH 27 DISCSun 10/16 12:00AM - 1:00AM, CH 765 DSCHDSat 10/22 12:00PM - 1:00PM, CH 27 DISCSat 10/22 12:00PM - 1:00PM, CH 765 DSCHD

American Guns disc.jpgGuts and Glory new_icon.png A fast-drawing preacher wants the team to build a single action revolver; Kurt's engraving skills are put to the test.10 airings Mon 10/17 10:00PM - 11:00PM, CH 27 DISCMon 10/17 10:00PM - 11:00PM, CH 765 DSCHDTue 10/18 12:00AM - 1:00AM, CH 27 DISCTue 10/18 12:00AM - 1:00AM, CH 765 DSCHDTue 10/18 10:00PM - 11:00PM, CH 27 DISCTue 10/18 10:00PM - 11:00PM, CH 765 DSCHDWed 10/19 12:00AM - 1:00AM, CH 27 DISCWed 10/19 12:00AM - 1:00AM, CH 765 DSCHDSat 10/22 1:00PM - 2:00PM, CH 27 DISCSat 10/22 1:00PM - 2:00PM, CH 765 DSCHD

The first episode of American Guns seemed like the Gunsmoke store was mimicing Pawn Stars, only minus Chumlee and "Big Hoss" with more fetching eye-candy. To add to the excitement of a helicopter ride to buy some old, classic Winchester's with "a pile of money," there was some glass-breaking of bottles filled with colored-water borrowed from the set of Top Shot to seal the deal. The finale included an obligatory scene with a tannerite explosion. All a bit too contrived for me. But in all fairness, it's nice to see "gun" shows on TV.

I must really be an old fart. I noticed the girl but was more interested in the guns. At least the guns in this show were more interesting, to me, than the majority of guns in "Sons of Guns". I'll give it a few more episodes to see if it's worth my time.

Im not sure if I like it yet. Yeah the marshall's gun and the winchesters were cool, but Im not sure if I think the wife, daughter, and HUGE bar in the gun shop are sending the right message. Ill watch a couple more with an open mind to see if I like it.

Is it legal for a 16yr old to be carrying?

I don't know but I do have friends from different places in the country that were NOT allowed to leave the house to go play or swim in the river unless they had their gun with them. Not sure what they had to do when they walked to school but in some of the towns I have visited I can see kids carrying to school not for problems at school, but to make it to school.

Harry

I don't know but I do have friends from different places in the country that were NOT allowed to leave the house to go play or swim in the river unless they had their gun with them. Not sure what they had to do when they walked to school but in some of the towns I have visited I can see kids carrying to school not for problems at school, but to make it to school.

Harry

I think the laws are a lot different if you are carrying a Handgun or a Rifle.

I think the laws are a lot different if you are carrying a Handgun or a Rifle.

Probably but the last time I was out at one of there houses I think they changed the population sign for my arrival, that and they don't have an open container law so drinking and driving isn't against the law, so you never know when it come to guns out in that town/county at least. ;)

Harry

So Gunsmoke is a hooters with a FFL?? As much as I would LOVE a good looking pistol toting chick, they shouldn't be advertising a minor like that... Will I look.. hell yeah I would.. But at the same time its just not the right way to attract viewers, it's kinda cheap. The show did seem like a bad mash of several other popular shows on Discovery and History Channel, I'll give it a few more episodes before I pass further judgement. On another note where are the gun loving girls in New Jersey?? do they exist? and why can't I have one? lol

Idk if you saw today's episode or not but wouldn't a Cross on the grip make more sense then the eagle.. I'm also not terribly impressed with this scripted show.. I wont stop watching it but I want a more out of a gun show.

Yeah it was kind of neat seeing them make the gun from scratch, and does anyone else think the son is kind of a douchebag?

Kind of a douchebag, he IS a douchebag. He annoys me the most out of the entire family. His father should tell him to get a haircut, clean up his appearance, and learn how to talk the proper way to a customer.

I laughed so hard when he messed up on that .50 cal. It made me smile.

And the father was totally douchey when he was like i want to shoot this gun. He came off tackless, making it sound like the guy had no choice.

That was my first time watching it, don't know if I'll bother watching it again tho.

Ug. Caught the episode last night. Again I had hopes of a good show that went spiraling down in flames. What a bunch of horse crap. Whats funny to me is that after watching the show my impression of them was pure BS. After reading a bit on the previous links, it looks like I was spot on! I wont waste another second watching this show. I never thought I would say that there was a show that makes Sons of Guns look good!!!!! These producers really need a slap upside the head. The scripting and setups are so transparent I feel like Im watching pure fiction. Probably because I am.....