nino

range in your basement

i have a good friend i hunt with and we were at the house having a cold one and talking about the laws here and how they are and etc. then we were discussing on moving to pa Virginia NH Tennessee etc that gun laws are great. well making this short and simple he goes i got something to show you he gets pictures and its his uncle having a range in the basement of the house all sound proof and up to date range two booths. I'm holy sh@t that's f#@$ing awesome. i told him i need to see that. but just imagine how cool it would be to go downstairs and shoot and if NJ will ever allow that :rofl:

There are people in NJ, probably some who are members here, that own their own range in their basement.

I'd be willing to bet the same. If you construct and sound proof it properly and don't announce it to the world you'll be fine.

Disclaimer: I am certainly not one of these people. Basement is too small :(

As long as your township/municipality/county doesn't have any discharge laws, you should be GTG AFAIK. Though I'm not sure if I'd want vaporized lead floating around my house, so I'd use clean range ammo that doesn't expose any lead to burning powders.

Oh and when walking to your basement with the HG, make sure it is locked in a gun box with both a key and combo lock, the ammo separate in its own double locked metal ammo box as well. ;)

Great thread! Some really funny replies. I've often thought about that when I'm down my basement cleaning my guns. I think I could shoot close to 15 yards, certainly well within range for most defensive scenarios. Wouldn't that be sort of, you know, illegal?

Great thread! Some really funny replies. I've often thought about that when I'm down my basement cleaning my guns. I think I could shoot close to 15 yards, certainly well within range for most defensive scenarios. Wouldn't that be sort of, you know, illegal?

Depends on the individual town..if they have a "No Discharge' ordinance, then it could be a problem...That aside however there's a much BIGGER issie..namely lead. without the right kind of HVAC system, you're asking for a whole buttload of trouble.

• Like 1

My father when he was a kid in Union used to have a trap for 22LR and would shoot there all the time, I used to have a trap when I was growing up, but it was only good for BB's and pellet guns, but still a lot better than nothing. Doesn't always have to be live ammo, BB and pellet guns both hand and long are great for the basement range. Also don't forget air-soft and unless you open all your windows and yell "I am shooting guns in my basement" out the windows, nobody is going to know.

I'm guessing everyone here with a basement has thought about it.! I actually measured my base to see if, well to see if some furniture would fit.

Now this is a great thread. LOL galore.

As for lead, keep it simple and move to CA. As for the environment, personal and general - an ECO lawyer recently wrote that ALL woodburning from fireplaces and stoves must STOP NOW. He says killer micro particles are going from my chimney INTO/INSIDE his house. Here's you micro particle!!

How's that for thread diversion/distraction/detour?